App Store Price Updates

2»

Comments

• XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    What the kids want now is ISO. Lots of ISO. So many ways to monetize it beyond selling in bulk. How about selling boosts? +25%, +50%, +100% ISO for 3 days, 7 days, 30 days?

I know if I threw down for such a boost, I'd feel compelled to play like a madman for the duration, to get my money's worth!

From a business decision, they would have to monetize it so that the average player would either lose ISO or equal ISO compared to straight up buying ISO (otherwise, why would you ever buy ISO). You'd let the hardcore players have a shot of being net positive over the price in the store, because (like gambling) you have to actually allow winners or no one will buy in. Given the price of ISO in the store, I don't really see that happening.

The only other factor I'm not taking into account (that I can see) from their perspective would be what other sales would result of the increased play time. If they can see figures on how many more boosts, healthpacks, etc get bought then they could make the price of ISO boosts a bit lower.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Guess what, Europeans have been fleeced from day 1.
    Our Stark has always cost 100 Euro, which is the equivalent of 158 CDN.

Yeah but the cost of living in Europe is generally higher, meaning wages are better.
    A straight currency conversion is rarely an accurate way to judge value.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on Steam / Android, so this doesn't directly affect me. But I (finally) had a revelation today after a visit to my local games shop. I bought Fallout 3 (Game of the Year Edition) for 25 NZD, and Fallout 4 for 100 NZD, which totals exactly the same price as a Stark Salary (125 NZD, or about 81 USD).

Is 20k HP and 7 CP worth more than 2 full games? I think not, baby puppy.

:edit: Seeing as how the key to Fallout 4 had already been used, and Fallout 3 took me an hour of Googling, updates and manual configuration changes to even get to run, I might revisit my valuation.