2* drop rate decreased after the Champion feature?

2»

Comments

• chamber44 wrote:
    it's confirmation bias. Now that we're all looking at our ISO that much closer, we remember every time something doesn't go as well as we want. But, i'm sure that the drop rates are exactly the same.

Entirely this. I'm happily getting a 2* token one in three matches on lightning rounds. You're just noticing more now when you don't get one than you used to.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:
    it's confirmation bias. Now that we're all looking at our ISO that much closer, we remember every time something doesn't go as well as we want. But, i'm sure that the drop rates are exactly the same.

Entirely this. I'm happily getting a 2* token one in three matches on lightning rounds. You're just noticing more now when you don't get one than you used to.

i'm definitely noticing more now that i'm not getting more 2* now...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Strictly talking this week's LR, I've had rounds getting 3-5 covers, and other rounds getting strictly 20 iso. In one round I somehow got 4x** covers. It seems LR is a tad more streaky this week.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's just streaks and clusters. I started paying attention after reading this thread, and have pulled a dozen 2* covers from LRs and standard tokens.

Re: standard tokens, the odds of getting a 1* are better than 80%, so pulling 10 1*s in a row is far from rare.

Dug up this spreadsheet tracking different types of token odds:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HYgqFHHtQB7fWUkix2IGhbqDOVIapfX6AZdJOrpJcLQ/edit#gid=558559716
  • cuviper
    cuviper Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    How has the spread been for you all?

I've championed every 2* (except bagman sitting at level 41), and applied all their tokens received since champions launched. This is interesting because it gives an easy way to compare how many I've received for each character, and there seems to be a gender bias in my rng.

My 2* women are now at 97/97/98/98. My 2* men are 98/99/100/101/102/102/103/104/105 (and 41).

Hopefully this is just a fluke...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the standard token spread - based on 3791 tracked pulls:

82.7%
    15.1%
    2.2%

I've never drawn a 4* from a standard token, so I'm assuming it's a pretty low chance. Even if it was as high as .1% going 3791 tokens without hitting that would not be unusual. I started tracking trends at about 2500 tokens, the longest I've gone without pulling a single 3* is 220 pulls. On average, it's about 45-55.

Here's the spread of pulls from PVP wins, starting 3/9/15 - but I'll admit I stopped tracking these for a long time. This is based on a total of 724 pulls:

70 ISO-8
    209 ---- 28.9%
    140 Iso-8
    117 ---- 16.2%
    250 Iso-8
    34 ---- 4.7%
    1* Cover
    247 ---- 34.1&
    2* Cover
    117 ----16.2%
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    seems harder to pull 2* in DDQ as well... last two taco weeks I pulled 4/10 and 3/10 healthpacks... and currently this week 3/4 are iso prizes...
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am enjoying all of the Moonstone's I've been pulled since Champions went life and I hadn't bothered to level cap her. >.>
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I am enjoying all of the Moonstone's I've been pulled since Champions went life and I hadn't bothered to level cap her. >.>

Well, at least you're getting 250 iso a pop still. icon_mrgreen.gif

When Champion feature went live, the first thing I did was to pay 50k iso to max out my moonie. Because I already had a ton of her extra covers, and I knew I was going to get more. And sure enough, I just max champed her this morning. So moonie is now my second 144 star.pngstar.png character (after 2Thor).

Maxing out my moonie paid dividends in the EoTs event, when moonie was: a) buffed, b) useful in controlling the hand tiles.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel the opposite way. I've never gotten this many Bagman covers per week.
  • I just played a lightning round where every one of the 10 seed teams gave me either a 2* cover, or the 250 iso reward. PRAISE RNGESUS!
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Drop rate is all the same.
    I have received 4 2* from 4 LR battles in a row.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has this gone all wonky on anyone? Back and forth over the last few weeks?

Last week during LR's and most PVP's I was getting -tons- of 2*'s, one every third match or so. I nearly finished off all the 2*'s I still have!

This week during LR's I'm getting one 2* every 2nd or 3rd run of LR's - so once every 16-24 matches or so. Very, very odd.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed a decrease as well, but only for the 2*'s that I have rostered. I've got Moonstones and lame-eyes up the ying yang
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    seems harder to pull 2* in DDQ as well... last two taco weeks I pulled 4/10 and 3/10 healthpacks... and currently this week 3/4 are iso prizes...

Last week I pulled 19 DDQ tokens. 1 3*, 1 health pack and the rest were all 2*
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Last week during LR's and most PVP's I was getting -tons- of 2*'s, one every third match or so. I nearly finished off all the 2*'s I still have!

This week during LR's I'm getting one 2* every 2nd or 3rd run of LR's - so once every 16-24 matches or so. Very, very odd.

This is what random looks like.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

This is what random looks like.

The random part might have been the week where they were dropping left and right. That was very similar to my LR experience about two months ago.

Three and Four weeks ago were very similar to this week - vastly fewer 2*'s than we used to get, which is why this (and several similar threads) started popping up.

I hit enough LR's every single week (and keep the newest 2*'s that I don't have rostered on top of cover queue) that it is a very noticeable difference. Wouldn't care except I'm not pulling many 250 ISO's this week either - the drop-off in overall ISO gained is also very noticeable.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far I am still seeing a reduced rate from the tokens, LR seem no worse than before some rounds are good and some bad.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Shulu wrote:
    I'm in full agreement with this statement. I also believe standard packs took a hit on 2* drop rate. I opened 190 standard token when championing came in to game. I would be lucky to say that I go 20-25 2*s for that lot.

Standards for me so far this season:

1* X 105
    2* X 20
    3* Vision yellow
    3* Steve Rogers blue