2* drop rate decreased after the Champion feature?

Bossblack
Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone, not sure if anyone notices this but I have found the 2* drop rate has been reduced since the Champion feature rolled out. I used to get at least 2 or 3 two stars for each LR round (say 10 fights), now I either get one or sometimes none after each LR sessions. Also standard tokens used to get me around 1 two stars out of 5 tokens and now it seems like most of the standard token draws are 1 star.

Edit: I just want to add that this is not a confirmation or a statement but a question on if anyone has observed this..hence the question mark on the topic. It could be just my luck on pulling two stars but I definitely feel I draw less two stars in the past two weeks. icon_neutral.gif

Comments

• westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    It's funny you say that. Last week during LR's I would receive 3 to4 each round. In the first round of this week I received 0.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I was starting to suspect this too. I couldn't tell if it was because I was using them on champions or not, but it definitely has that feel. More one stars than before.
  • absolutely. the week before champing i got 40+ 2 star cover drops during the LRs. last week, maybe 3. another well communicated change by the devs. nice job guys icon_cry.gif

it makes sense they dont want everyone blowing up to 144 in 2 weeks, but it would be nice to hear something official.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it was before Championing, but very likely due to that coming. Almost a month ago I started to get drastically fewer 2*'s from LR's....to the point where they would expire (two weeks!) before I found another one to sit in queue for essentials.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It would be classic D3.

Yay, look here! Neat new stuff. <stealth nerf>
  • Bossblack
    LR is pretty much one major source of my ISO income. Not only now I pull less two stars and it's also rare to get a 250 ISO reward. When I look at the "chance to win" prior to the fight - I see 4x 2* but then end off getting a 70 ISO? I thought I have a 25% chance to win one of them? It did not list the 70/140/250 ISOs under the "chance to win"?

I think this really impacts our average weekly ISO income from LR rounds.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Bossblack wrote:
    LR is pretty much one major source of my ISO income. Not only now I pull less two stars and it's also rare to get a 250 ISO reward. When I look at the "chance to win" prior to the fight - I see 4x 2* but then end off getting a 70 ISO? I thought I have a 25% chance to win one of them? It did not list the 70/140/250 ISOs under the "chance to win"?

I think this really impacts our average weekly ISO income from LR rounds.

I see the opposite of this actually. I pulled DRASTICALLY less 2* covers from the lightning rounds last week, but I pulled the 250 ISO rewards a LOT. Not really a big deal, I'll have them all at lvl 144 soon enough, but its just another in a loonnggg line of stingy decisions from this company. I just don't understand the benefit of such stingy reward schemes, there are far too many characters to EVER actually max out everyone, I really cant see any reason to further limit the progression by being total tight-kitties...
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Quick update:

Pulled 4 2 stars on seeds alone.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    it's confirmation bias. Now that we're all looking at our ISO that much closer, we remember every time something doesn't go as well as we want. But, i'm sure that the drop rates are exactly the same.
  • Bossblack
    Just my luck? 20 LR fights, one moonstone and 1x 250 ISO.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I'm still getting 2*, but a lot of them are for characters that I dropped to open up roster space. I'm sorry, Moonstone, but I'm just not that into you any more.
  • westnyy2 wrote:
    Quick update:

Pulled 4 2 stars on seeds alone.

my quick update. two full LRs farmed to 245 points on seed teams produce .... zero 2* drops.

did get obw from my standard. so i guess theres that. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just played 2 LR rounds against real teams and got a 2* Daken.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I, too, call confirmation bias on this one. I have not observed a change at all in this stat.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Seems the same to me.

Just had a really lucky LR run with 2* rewards the first five battles.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a rule of thumb, whenever you think something like this is happening, track it. Track it for at least a week. Then post here and discuss - simple observation will always lead you awry.
  • Shulu
    Shulu Posts: 14
    I'm in full agreement with this statement. I also believe standard packs took a hit on 2* drop rate. I opened 190 standard token when championing came in to game. I would be lucky to say that I go 20-25 2*s for that lot.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    since the champ feature i've pulled 3 2* and 1 3*. in what 50-75 tokens?

way less than usual. coincidence??
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    At very launch of of championing:
    Opened 160 tokens
    124 star.png
    29 star.pngstar.png
    7 star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Since season 23 started:
    Opened 320 tokens
    282 star.png
    34 star.pngstar.png
    4 star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Only 5 more 2*s despite opening twice as many tokens. I tend to open (and track) standard tokens in groups of 20. Since I've started tracking these (it's been a 6-8 seasons) I've only gotten all 1*s once. In this last run of 320, it happened 3 times.

Maybe it'll even out later, but my tin foil side thinks they messed with odds.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is very easy for people to cry confirmation bias with stuff like this and maybe it is just unlucky, but I have definitely been seeing something similar too, streaks of 10 or more 1* covers from standard tokens.

I don't assume that they have done this on purpose rather than by accident, but something seems to have changed.