5 star beat downs

2»

Comments

• kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    As a 3 star player, i havent be en able to hit 1k in pvp in a while. It might just be to poor charactera being boosted right now though... But it was hard enough clearing jeanbuster teams before as it was, but now good 5 stars start trickling in at 800+ and its just too overwhelming as a 3star.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Pats0132 wrote:

So after just going 0 for 19 in a row on tokens and having only pulled 10 5 stars with an additional earned as a daily reward I have to say damn this game has become a chore more than anything.

Dang, you're mad because you only got 10? I'll just be sitting over here with my four 5* covers...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The combination of Line Coordination, Buyers club, and other factors have taken PvP scores where 2K was a rarity, to just massive scores. 1300 would always get me top 25-50, now it barely cracks 100. Something is seriously going on when I can't even compete to the same level without the inside track of 5*'s. I could probably get 1500 or so if I did timed shield hops, but eventually I'm going to hit that wall of 5*'s and I can't get past them, and that's with fully leveled and championed guys.

4* boosts need to get here yesterday.

If the devs would do the 4* buffs they promised when SS got released, I guarantee you would see the scores come down as now 4*'s are competitive again.

And they did, they already boosted 4s, its called championing. You just need to champion them and get 100 covers, to get them to 370, adding A LOT of match damage, life and damage to powers. The only problem of course is getting 100 covers if the same 4... (well if you are not from a buyers club).

Ps: And it is no irony, I really think that when they talked about buffing the 4s the were talking about championing them.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Pats0132 wrote:

So after just going 0 for 19 in a row on tokens and having only pulled 10 5 stars with an additional earned as a daily reward I have to say damn this game has become a chore more than anything.

Dang, you're mad because you only got 10? I'll just be sitting over here with my four 5* covers...

Well when your pulling at 5 percent or maybe even lower yes having only ten sucks when people who have opened half as many have more than double.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally agree with the OP here. Another long-time vet, with a good 4* roster...and I've found for the last two seasons I have to run PVP and LR's very, very late or I'll just get stomped by 5*'s who see my 4* roster the same way I see 2*'s. It's almost like D3 didn't introduce 5*'s....they skipped straight to 6*'s!

Also....what happened to variety? OML OML OML....I see you everywhere. Oh, and the occasional surfer.

We need a tiered PVP -now-. I've been suggesting it since the launch of 5*'s, and it's getting worse than ever. Keep the PVP we have and get rid of 4* boosted characters and 5*'s....3*'s will matter. A lot! And make a new PVP that allows everyone - and has 4* alliance rewards!
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    It is very dangerous out there. As a user of 2 5's (8 cover SS and 10 cover Phoenix) I still get beat down in LR to a pulp. In every LR that I stormed out of the gate and beat all the seeds I was quickly beaten down by bigger 5's losing 150 points easy. This happened in every round. I'm not complaining but just in awe of what is out there.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    ...and I've found for the last two seasons I have to run PVP and LR's very, very late or I'll just get stomped by 5*'s who see my 4* roster the same way I see 2*'s.
    yep - t50 used to take right at 25 min. to the upper 200s. now it takes low-mid 300s for t50 and have to start 30-35 min out. if you start late enough, queues never catch up to your actual pts and you rarely get hit (but not never).
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    We need a tiered PVP -now-. I've been suggesting it since the launch of 5*'s, and it's getting worse than ever. Keep the PVP we have and get rid of 4* boosted characters and 5*'s....3*'s will matter. A lot! And make a new PVP that allows everyone - and has 4* alliance rewards!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38228
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    Well, I guess I'm glad that 5-stars are a problem at higher levels. My problem is the adverse scaling by having them in my level 105 roster. I originally sold an OML when I hadn't completed my 2-stars yet due to the 30 levels it added to my opponents. I picked up a SS that I've been using sparingly for two months and just dealing with the scaling issue. I rostered another OML (yellow) this week and now I'm routinely seeing level 240+ opponents in verses and simulator. Refreshingly, I didn't have any issues with the last event, since the 5-stars were locked out. I'm going to have to sell SS now if I have any hopes of playing for the next month or so before they address this issue (and no guarantees that they'll fix it to our satisfaction).

Honestly, I don't use my 5-stars except for low level goons where I can smash them quickly by matching. They just don't work that well against higher level opponents and make you an easy target in verses or simulator. I can appreciate that I don't need 5-stars at my current level, but those are the covers I drew with my LTs. I don't see that many LTs, and am remiss to sell them for a paltry 2000 ISO. I'd have no problem selling them both for 20CP and a chance at a 4-Star that I could use as a required character in events.

I'm not happy at having to sell yet another 5-star, but I'll be passing up too many 3 & 4 star cover opportunities if I don't. That the dev team hasn't addressed any of the issues with 5-stars and has remained silent on these issues since they were first released three months ago makes me question whether any changes will happen before this issue starts driving people out of this game.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    To paraphrase the great philosopher Bowgentle, Lord of the Grumpy Cats, congratulations MPQ! You've found a way to make over 2 years of grinding meaningless. 4*, hard earned rosters, have become virtually meaningless in a meta where the strongest rosters are decided by money and chance.

Time and gradual progression have been discarded onto the junk heap. I wish someone would have notified is that DWill had also left the company. I still remember his words long ago, which, yes, I'm too lazy to look up, that this game was being built upon the principle of slow, gradual progression. I wish his new replacement would learn something from his predecessor.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I finished KK at 1350. 51st place. 1351 would have gotten me 50th. icon_e_smile.gif

What slice are you guys competing in? I finished at 1131 in the KK PvP and I was 16th. I routinely finish barely over 1k and it's always good for top 25. You guys need to get out of slice 1 and join some of the others where it's a bit easier.