2»

Comments

• woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Note: this is only supposition..

It seems, from reading the threads, and my own personal experience, those being denied (myself included) added a cover or more a day prior, or any time after the announcement. ( got my 5th DP purple for my team up sender the day before the update), OR, had a CS ticket that merged/changed accounts.

Just trying to find a pattern.. (in another thread it was determined spending had no weight on the determination)

I thought this too, but its impossible, I specifically asked to deconstruct my duplicate Daken,

That daken was completed about 6 months ago long before Champions was even a rumor.

Right, but when was the last cover you added to a dupe(any)? Not saying i agree with your dupes not being deconstructed, just looking for some data.

I'm pretty sure I hadn't added a cover to my dupes within 2 weeks of championing and I got approved. You'd think they'd say something by now...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

It seems, from reading the threads, and my own personal experience, those being denied (myself included) added a cover or more a day prior, or any time after the announcement. ( got my 5th DP purple for my team up sender the day before the update), OR, had a CS ticket that merged/changed accounts.

Just trying to find a pattern.. (in another thread it was determined spending had no weight on the determination)

I thought this too, but its impossible, I specifically asked to deconstruct my duplicate Daken,

That daken was completed about 6 months ago long before Champions was even a rumor.

Right, but when was the last cover you added to a dupe(any)? Not saying i agree with your dupes not being deconstructed, just looking for some data.

I'm sure my 3* dupes at level 40, and 4* dupes at level 70 have had 1 or 2 covers added after "Champions" become live.

But no covers have been added to Daken or IF because both dupes were already at 13 covers and iso leveled at least 1 month before "championing"

Ultimately, denying dupes that had an extra cover added after "champs" was announced is fine, because those dupes only had 1 or 2 covers to begin with.

But adding 13 levels to both Daken and IF would have made a real and tangible difference to my roster as I'm sure it did for every other person who deconstructed full leveled Luke cages / SW / IF to make lvl 180+ 3* champs.

Maybe there is a special unique one-off criteria that says dupes may be deconstructed under the following conditions:

1: under 6 covers.
    2: no covers added in the last 4 weeks to any characters
    3: sacrificed a goat to RnGesus.

But if so, why not just publish the criteria so that people can self evaluate their rosters "BEFORE" submitting a ticket?

Thats why this episode is so disappointing. As another poster suggested, this episode indicates:

1. They did not talk about what would happen with high level duplicates.
    2. Or they did and didn't bother to talk to CS to ensure players are treated consistently.

Either of those alternatives are dismaying because its hard to remember any other feature/mode/release rollout in the last year that didn't involve errors in:

1. Planning or
    2. Execution.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's all keep this civil before I have to start hiding posts and handing out warnings and generally doing something other than grinding ISO before my covers expire.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    May need to merge those 2 threads, the more info in 1 place, the better
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    May need to merge those 2 threads, the more info in 1 place, the better

That works for me.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    They refunded me all my dupes. Dupes that were rostered both pre and post championing. I made it very clear to them that the majority of my dupes were fresh. They did not care. They previously told me the service was unlimited, but they changed their minds because of the influx of tickets.

I have done nothing special to get approved. I'm not a day 800 player or put up insane scores. I have spent a little on this game. Maybe that's why? Or maybe first come first serve?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or maybe it depends on which person gets your ticket.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Or maybe it depends on which person gets your ticket.

Each response was a different person. I also know that the same guy that approved me rejected somebody else.
  • I imagine it'd started out as a gesture of good will, like, "hey we'll do this for all the people who kept dupes so they can be all excited about champs and stuff~"

But then it got to like, 1, probably a buttload of people doing it, and 2, people strategizing creating dupes as cover-storage system, so that when they get their character max'd level wise they can just deconstruct the old covers at their leisure, which turns it into "gaming the system" and junk, which I wager was not the original intent.

What the heck they ARE doing now though is trying to deal with that mess of what to do and what not to do.

Like, something like "Will deconstruct for the next week, but then no more" would be a'ight?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    But then it got to like, 1, probably a buttload of people doing it, and 2, people strategizing creating dupes as cover-storage system, so that when they get their character max'd level wise they can just deconstruct the old covers at their leisure, which turns it into "gaming the system" and junk, which I wager was not the original intent.
    I'm not sure how this is gaming the system, especially when it makes people buy roster slots, which the devs love.

The original intent was to ease the butt-hurt of constantly getting unneeded covers. If people are forced to defer championing because the devs aren't skilled enough at math to realize that ISO flow is woefully inadequate, I don't' see how that's counter to the original intent.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I imagine it'd started out as a gesture of good will, like, "hey we'll do this for all the people who kept dupes so they can be all excited about champs and stuff~"

What the heck they ARE doing now though is trying to deal with that mess of what to do and what not to do.

Like, something like "Will deconstruct for the next week, but then no more" would be a'ight?

I think that would be a reasonable compromise.

Just be transparent and give adequate warning about start and end dates.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

I would throw that theory out the window. I've seen a Black Suit Spidey dupe get added to a champed Black Suit Spidey. He was released after Champion system came into play. The person they did it for might have preferential treatment due to the amount of money they've spent, which I have no problem with (the amount of money spent or the preferential treatment for the person).