D3 Go Customer Service [Deconstructing Duplicate Characters]

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I would tell you more about the situation, but its against D3 Policy to provide any clarity to any situation.

Honestly, I don't really care about the duplicate characters. Its offensive and insulting to be told that we allowed some customers to deconstruct characters and won't for you and we won't tell you why.

But lets be honest, the issue isn't about me, my characters, my spending or even CS or D3 internal policy. Its pretty clear that they didn't plan through all the consequences of "championing" and have thrown CS under bus because they didn't decide on a policy for duplicate characters and

did an even WORSE job communicating their goals and intent to other internal departments.

I can fully imagine how the planning for "champion level rollout" occurred. They probably spent little to no time to consider what player would do with duplicate characters and didn't bother to discuss the issue either internally or with their CS department.

As a result, CS processed character deconstructions for hundreds of players until "game economy" accountants decided to intervene and prohibit it on a health of game basis.

-- Banning Character deconstruction for levels is a reasonable policy if you had decided on that in the beginning of the rollout.

-- Allowing a significant number of high level alliances to deconstruct duplicates and banning it for the rest of the population midstream is not a fair or reasonable policy.

Ultimately, all players want is a consistent and level playing field in the game experience. Do a better job of planning out features, end to end and stand behind the precedents that are set.

Many different kinds of resolutions could have considered that don't make customers feel like they are being discriminated against on the basis of their wallet or how "well connected" they are to D3.

1. They could have expressed a policy in the forums and not try to hide fine print in web page provided after the fact.
2. They could have increased sell back prices for duplicates.
3. They could acknowledge their error and do the standard 200 iso apology.

I like MPQ and I am relatively happy with the game experience, but I have a hard time either recommending the game to others or trying out other D3 games because:

1. No clarity in how they handle customer issues. Its up to RNG jesus as to whether they will assist you or not.
2. No confidence in their ability to plan and rollout a new feature/event/idea.
---- Honestly, can anyone name a feature that rolled out without either massive server issues, design or customer service issues. (galatcus, Ultron, every nerf before character intro, 5*, Legendary token exploit, every other Release candidate breaks something)

D3 Go! Customer Support (WP) (D3 Go!)
Jan 18, 09:16

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We are unable to provide the eligibility requirements for the service, as it is against our policy. We apologize for any inconvenience, however we will be unable to grant your request.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support/

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (WCP)

Mod Edit: Clarified Title to invite more discussion

Comments

• I sent in an e-mail to CS last week and got a copied and pasted email that didn't address my concerns (but it did let me know that the ticket was closed!). I sent them a follow-up email to re-clarify my issue and got the same copied and pasted email that I got from them the first time. Thanks for the help!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised they had agreed to do that to begin with. players who own dupes made them with a specific purpose and have been benefiting from them all this time and more importantly, champions didn't negate the reasons why they were built. I'm guessing that they were trying to build some good will and massively underestimated a) the amount of players with dupes and b) human nature (not hours after deconstructed characters were first talked of, people were already planning how to game that system).

Well intentioned but poorly thought.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also happened to me.

I would easily accept whatever reason they rejected my request, but keeping it a secret is very disappointing.

A lot of players got their request fullfilled, while some of us got discriminated.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I thought those denied were determined to have been gaming the system with their request. I'm surprised but glad that they are responding to requests on a national holiday.
  • Phumade
    I thought those denied were determined to have been gaming the system with their request. I'm surprised but glad that they are responding to requests on a national holiday.

Hard to game a system when no one knows the rules or criteria.

I have dupes that are several months old to several days old. Some are leveled, some are not leveled. Some of them are duplicates of existing champs, some are not.

All people want to know is who's eligible and who's not.

But honestly, we all know they is no real eligibility criteria. This is how they reacted to the CS department making a decision that wasn't supported by the publisher, and now customers and players are being penalized for D3 planning snafus.

People wouldn't care otherwise about the duplicates, but for the fact that CS has already granted deconstruction requests.

Please just be transparent and consistent when dealing with players, otherwise writing CS guidelines seems disingenuous.
  • beyonderbub
    Phumade wrote:

People wouldn't care otherwise about the duplicates, but for the fact that CS has already granted deconstruction requests

Honestly, the only people that care are the ones denied by CS. My dealings with CS were straightforward and to the point: deconstruction of dupes for the purpose of applying the covers to championed characters. It took them 5 days to come through on my request and plenty of back and forth in the days between. I'm just not on board with the divisive theme in these threads of CS only taking care of those who open their wallets.
  • Phumade
    Phumade wrote:

People wouldn't care otherwise about the duplicates, but for the fact that CS has already granted deconstruction requests

Honestly, the only people that care are the ones denied by CS. My dealings with CS were straightforward and to the point: deconstruction of dupes for the purpose of applying the covers to championed characters. It took them 5 days to come through on my request and plenty of back and forth in the days between. I'm just not on board with the divisive theme in these threads of CS only taking care of those who open their wallets.

We would all love to get that positive response. Unfortunately, D3 arbitrarily decides on who gets helped and who gets rejected. As i stated, I had several dupes of varying covers and iso levels. It would be fine if they said X can be deconstructed and Y cannot.

If they would publish the criteria guidelines, I would be more than happy to edit my request to the characters that meet the criteria.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:

Consider yourself fortunate then. Some people are wanting to do the same thing you did, but are getting denied, with no explanation.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems pretty obvious,

"Pay more money".

It's the new MPQ motto. And when that fails, just fall back on the old one, " This to shall pass ".
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I'm going to disagree. I have had to contact support twice, and every time I have been dealt with politely, honestly, and fairly. You didn't mention the full story behind your duplicates, and only post a reply which notes D3 isn't releasing their eligibility policy. This hints that you probably duplicated AFTER the patch, or waited several days afterward and are now upset you can't benefit. Being upset, you come to the boards to rant in "revenge". No thanks, not buying it.
  • Phumade
    wirius wrote:
    I'm going to disagree. I have had to contact support twice, and every time I have been dealt with politely, honestly, and fairly. You didn't mention the full story behind your duplicates, and only post a reply which notes D3 isn't releasing their eligibility policy. This hints that you probably duplicated AFTER the patch, or waited several days afterward and are now upset you can't benefit. Being upset, you come to the boards to rant in "revenge". No thanks, not buying it.

Sigh, I already said I have many dupes that are old and new. lots of covers and no covers, created before and after.

1. duplicate Iron first level 149, with 5/5/3
    2. duplicate daken level 120 with 5/3/5
    3. duplicate jean grey level 70 with 1/5/3
    4. duplicate 3clops level 40 with 0/4/4
    5. duplicate luke cage level 40 with 4/3/2
    6. duplicate hulkbuster level 70 with 1/1/0

I already have champ
    IF, 3*Daken, HB.

I have not championed
    JG, 3clops, or luke cage.

IF was fully duplicated and level 1 month ago
    Daken has was duped and leveled 7 months ago.
    JG, 3clops, LC have had 1 or 2 covers applied since championed but had already been started 2 months ago.
    HB is about a month old, but had his covers started about a month ago. I already championed big HB and already applied an extra levels to the championed HB.

If you have any insight into the eligibility requirements, feel free to help me edit my list.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only had one dupe, of questionable use after I championed his clone. I just took it on the chin and sold it for the roster slot when I pulled my first Silver Surfer last week. The lost investment sucks. I feel for those who had more than one.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:

Hope people are more supportive of you if and when you're the one getting messed about!

I have no dupes but I still think this situation is awful
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, the only people that care are the ones denied by CS.
    In other words, "I got mine, so **** y'all"

Thankfully not everyone is a completely devoid of empathy as you are, so don't presume to speak for anyone other than yourself.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I asked about this on the FAQ thread before it was ignored and unpinned. The situation of dupes and what to do with them shouldn't be a surprise to D3. It is one of the many aspects of this new feature that they could have/should have gotten out in front of. All they had to do was address it when they launched Champions. A simple statement is all that was required. Either they didn't anticipate the situation (and that's just sad) or they didn't care (sadder).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Note: this is only supposition..

It seems, from reading the threads, and my own personal experience, those being denied (myself included) added a cover or more a day prior, or any time after the announcement. ( got my 5th DP purple for my team up sender the day before the update), OR, had a CS ticket that merged/changed accounts.

Just trying to find a pattern.. (in another thread it was determined spending had no weight on the determination)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

It seems, from reading the threads, and my own personal experience, those being denied (myself included) added a cover or more a day prior, or any time after the announcement. ( got my 5th DP purple for my team up sender the day before the update), OR, had a CS ticket that merged/changed accounts.

Just trying to find a pattern.. (in another thread it was determined spending had no weight on the determination)

Interesting idea. I hadn't added a cover to the dupes they deconstructed for me for a couple weeks before the announcement. So perhaps that is part of the criteria for getting approved.
  • beyonderbub
    simonsez wrote:
    Honestly, the only people that care are the ones denied by CS.
    In other words, "I got mine, so tinykitty y'all"

Thankfully not everyone is a completely devoid of empathy as you are, so don't presume to speak for anyone other than yourself.

Thanks for knowing my mind and putting words in my post that went there. I should have expected it when presenting a contrary view on CS from those wielding pitchforks.

For the comprehension challenged, you probably will not hear from those with positive experiences due to posts like yours. You seem to know it all. Good luck in solving this issue for all those who were denied by CS
  • Phumade
    Malcrof wrote:

I thought this too, but its impossible, I specifically asked to deconstruct my duplicate Daken,

That daken was completed about 6 months ago long before Champions was even a rumor.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I thought this too, but its impossible, I specifically asked to deconstruct my duplicate Daken,

That daken was completed about 6 months ago long before Champions was even a rumor.

Right, but when was the last cover you added to a dupe(any)? Not saying i agree with your dupes not being deconstructed, just looking for some data.