Need more ways to win ISO by playing

2»

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Arondite wrote:
    I get about 10K ISO on good DPD days, and 5K ISO on bad ones (I don't have the 3).

Could really use a bump in ISO metrics. I like Simon's idea of moving the 20 ISO prize into a Standard Token.

You mean for overall play in DPD, PvE and PvP you earn 10k?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is always more ISO available. It's a function of time played.

Go into PVP, and fight with your B team 3*s. Don't skip, because it doesn't matter how many points you get until the last half day, or whenever you start your sustained push.

Go into Shield Simulator and do the same thing. Stay unshielded and let yourself get knocked down. The more you get hit, the lower your score, the easier teams you'll be able to find.

Any person can take their lesser 3*s and run around against non-maxed 3*s any time they want. It's always available. The reason people stop playing is that they see losing points as bad. Losing points is part of the game. You only care about points at the end of an event. That gives you 2 days in PVP and like 20 days in Shield to run around and gather all the iso you want.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    I get about 10K ISO on good DPD days, and 5K ISO on bad ones (I don't have the 3).

Could really use a bump in ISO metrics. I like Simon's idea of moving the 20 ISO prize into a Standard Token.

You mean for overall play in DPD, PvE and PvP you earn 10k?

Yeah.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    There is always more ISO available. It's a function of time played.

Go into PVP, and fight with your B team 3*s. Don't skip, because it doesn't matter how many points you get until the last half day, or whenever you start your sustained push.

Go into Shield Simulator and do the same thing. Stay unshielded and let yourself get knocked down. The more you get hit, the lower your score, the easier teams you'll be able to find.

Any person can take their lesser 3*s and run around against non-maxed 3*s any time they want. It's always available. The reason people stop playing is that they see losing points as bad. Losing points is part of the game. You only care about points at the end of an event. That gives you 2 days in PVP and like 20 days in Shield to run around and gather all the iso you want.

You raise an interesting point. While I don't play more MPQ than what is strictly necessary for my goals, and it already feels a bit too much, people with disposable time can play ceaselessly. I'm guessing that's at the front of the devs' minds when they refuse to raise Iso rewards, especially the repeatable ones.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    You raise an interesting point. While I don't play more MPQ than what is strictly necessary for my goals, and it already feels a bit too much, people with disposable time can play ceaselessly. I'm guessing that's at the front of the devs' minds when they refuse to raise Iso rewards, especially the repeatable ones.
    You'd think, but the funbalance changes they've made in the past, ie PvE refreshes from 2.5 to 8 hrs, no more prologue healing, limiting the number of PvP shields we can use, are all attempts to get us to play less. So I'm more inclined to think that their goal is for us to progress slower, not play more.
  • Pylgrim
    simonsez wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    You'd think, but the funbalance changes they've made in the past, ie PvE refreshes from 2.5 to 8 hrs, no more prologue healing, limiting the number of PvP shields we can use, are all attempts to get us to play less. So I'm more inclined to think that their goal is for us to progress slower, not play more.

That's kind of my point. If they raised the 20 Iso reward to any significant amount, people would go out of their ways to play more. Imagine if the minimum reward was 100 Iso. People would grind the easiest prologue nodes for hours and get several thousands.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Exactly - having the default node reward be a Standard Token would quickly throw the game's economy out of balance. That's a guaranteed 100 ISO per token, and occasionally 250 ISO.

50 ISO is probably the best compromise here - still somewhat abusable, but to get (for example) 1 level on a 3* at the top end of the curve, you'd need to play an easy Prologue mission about 50 times.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    just a note of caution - be careful what you wish for.

A few times I have hit the dreaded "nothing to spend my iso on" barrier. It is incredibly difficult to stay motivated once that happens.

As an example - 2 weeks ago I was in that position (with championing I need lots now icon_e_smile.gif) & I found it almost impossible to motivate myself to even do the DDQ for 4700 iso as I had 150k spare. If there is nothing to strive for the game gets stale fast. Another example was a PvE node of Lv 300's odd for 1500 iso - usually I would take this on willingly, last week I just skipped it as wasn't any point.
  • Pylgrim
    That's why I was proposing in the previous page than better than fixing that 20 Iso amount is to fix the Iso placement rewards which are quite low and stall quite low in the scoreboard and not properly reflecting the amount of effort AND the needs of the people on the top ranks.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Exactly - having the default node reward be a Standard Token would quickly throw the game's economy out of balance
    You say that as if having a 3 million ISO deficit (ie what it'd cost to level your current roster) is an example of an economy that is IN balance...
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Exactly - having the default node reward be a Standard Token would quickly throw the game's economy out of balance
    You say that as if having a 3 million ISO deficit (ie what it'd cost to level your current roster) is an example of an economy that is IN balance...
    right.

Consider this: the cost of bringing my SW up from 140 to 166 is about 62,000, or, according to the cost of actually purchasing ISO, about $70 or $80. Now, everyone will admit that purchasing ISO is the absolute dumbest thing one could possibly do, but i think it still goes to show how disconnected the devs are from the actual needs of the game. Because that's the cost to bring up what is now a mid-tier (thanks to 4 and 5's) character to what is essentially the new soft-cap.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    That's why I was proposing in the previous page than better than fixing that 20 Iso amount is to fix the Iso placement rewards which are quite low and stall quite low in the scoreboard and not properly reflecting the amount of effort AND the needs of the people on the top ranks.

They don't have to change the standard reward. If they're afraid to touch the holy 20, they can just raise the iso you get for selling covers (and championing)...3 star or higher even, if 1 or 2stars are too much, or increase Progression rewards or placement rewards or lower cost to level again – I don't even care, i just want to be able to level more of my characters.
  • The way I see it, the ISO shortage is a huge issue. Lightning rounds are the best source, but people with careers cannot easily access this regularly. The game itself has what I would consider a 2 star level ISO reward structure. When the game was primarily a 3 star game, this deficit was acceptable. Now that it has progressed to primarily a 4 star game, the reward structure needs to be elevated as well. Especially considering that the ISO requirement to level a 4 star is an exponential, not linear, increase over 3 stars.