Need more ways to win ISO by playing

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Between DDQ, regular play and FB gifts, I probably get around 10-20K ISO per day, sometimes 30K+ if I'm lucky. My problem is that after playing an hour or so per day, I run out of ways to actively earn more ISO.

Once you've cleared pve a few times, all you win is 20 iso per node. pvp is better for gaining ISO, but you need to often spend 100-200 ISO to find a good opponent, so the net gain isn't all that large, especially if you've been sniped a lot and will no longer get any progression rewards for regaining lost points.

So basically I have times where I'd like to play more, but there's nothing to do in order to make a significant dent in the 2,000,000+ ISO needed to level up and champion my remaining 4s, 3s and 2s. And thus I give up and start playing other games instead (heavens forbid!!).

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Once you've cleared pve a few times, all you win is 20 iso per node
    If they just changed the default prize from 20 iso to a standard token, it'd help a whole lot...
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    If they just changed the default prize from 20 iso to a standard token, it'd help a whole lot...
    This.

Really, i can't believe that with the advent of 4*s, let alone 5*s, that there is any prize that's less than 100 iso. There must be a reason why it's beneficial to the devs to handicap their casual players by limiting their iso gains, but I can't see it. I do know that i would have been more inclined to buy covers if I knew that I could gain the iso to make them functional without endlessly grinding.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should just run lightning rounds all the time. Wonderful way to earn ISO. Heck, use the Deadpool groupings to decide who gets boosted and not.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

that would put out wAY too much ISO.. people who grind at the end hit 6 times x 9 stages 5400 per day + the 1800 for the first two hits..

7200 ISO per person per day.. your lucky they are given us what 2000 on daily.

i love to see a vault. first time you play you get 1 of 4. then once you hit it 4 times you are then given a vault ticket .. Ticket holds like 100 or so (depends on day of pve) items in vault are pure ISO ... Tons of 20 and 40s.. Some 100s and maybe one big 2000.

so you have something to shoot for
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

that would put out wAY too much ISO.. people who grind at the end hit 6 times x 9 stages 5400 per day + the 1800 for the first two hits..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "too much ISO"

you mean, players could level up their characters, have stronger rosters, have more fun playing, play more ofter? THE HORROR
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Quebbster wrote:
    They should just run lightning rounds all the time. Wonderful way to earn ISO. Heck, use the Deadpool groupings to decide who gets boosted and not.

And maybe make the lightning rounds' rosters change?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Here's an SAT level problem for you to solve: Go into your lv120 roster (or whatever they are now), and add up how much ISO you'd need to max each character. Take that number and divide it by 7200. And tell us how many years it would take you to max your roster, at this rate that you seem to think is exorbitant.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

An extra 5k a day is hardly a disaster, assuming your math of 2k is right, which I don't think it is since some nodes in PvE alone give 1500-2000, but I digress. That's basically what the DDQ added when it was implemented, and that didn't exactly create an Iso flood.

5k/sub is 150k a month, 1/2 a 4* worth of extra iso. One can argue that's not enough, but as simonsez, it'd help a whole lot.

I make ~500-550k a month and am still consistently behind in getting characters leveled.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

i love to see a vault. first time you play you get 1 of 4. then once you hit it 4 times you are then given a vault ticket .. Ticket holds like 100 or so (depends on day of pve) items in vault are pure ISO ... Tons of 20 and 40s.. Some 100s and maybe one big 2000.

so you have something to shoot for

I logged in just to say I wish I could downvote your post. 7200 ISO per day is a flippin' joke. That extra 80 per node is only an extra 4-5k per day. That'd decrease the time it takes me to level up my roster from 3yrs to 2yrs. And, that's before assuming the dozens of new 4*s and 5*s they're releasing.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, I probably only earn on average 7500-9000 iso per day as it is, maybe 10k to 11k if I play for placement in PvE or PvP. Generally, I am a semi-casual player who mainly plays PvE and is in a casual alliance.

4700 from DDQ clears (assuming getting 500 iso from 3* token and 250 iso from each DDQ token) + 130 from alliance daily rewards + PvE clears (2x daily when not trying to place) and progression of 2500 + few PvP matches (3 or 4) worth 600 = approximate 8000 iso daily
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I doubt that you'd be able to level all characters if you played 24/7. Imho you should be able to gain enough ISO to do that by playing. If you play more casual you will lag behind and maybe buy ISO to catch up. But as is, hardcore players make less than what's needed to just level the covers that are added every other week. And if you're casual you have no hope whatsoever to max that many characters.

I'm playing pretty much and I have 15 4stars cover maxed and starving for ISO and 23 3stars. I can't hope to ever max them all no matter how hard I play and that sucks.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe we are approaching the issue from the wrong perspective. From a developer point of view would it be easier to tweak the values of the rewards structure or the reduce the value of ISO needed per character level?

The need to have characters at a high level to be useful wasnt as bad 18 months ago when there were 60+ less characters in the game to level up but now players really must decide who they want to max out and use regularly and so end up with a core A team which kind of flies in the face of what D3 Go!'s ethos
    What we intend, and continue to drill in on is that we want players to have a broad mix of characters instead of a Top 3 that is their sole team to play with
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing I really hadn't noticed until today is how Iso placement rewards stall above certain point in PVE (which doesn't happen in PVP):

PVE sub: 2000 for top 100 and above.
    PVE total: 1500(!) for top 20 and above.

To better reflect the effort placed in by the different tiers and the Iso necessities of those in the late game, I suggest this:

PVE SUB
    Top 100: 1500
    Top 50: 2000
    Top 10: 2500
    Top 1-2: 3500

PVE TOTAL
    Length: 3 days / 4 days / 7 days
    Top 100: 1000 / 1500 / 2500
    Top 50: 1500 / 2000 / 3000
    Top 20: 2000 / 3000 / 5000
    Top 10: 3000 / 5000 / 7500
    Top 5: 5000 / 7500 / 10000
    Top 1: 10000 / 12500 / 15000

While we are at it, now that command points are the only way to buy 4* covers, the sub rewards can also use a slight adjustment:

Top 100: 1 CP
    Top 50: 2 CP
    Top 10: 3 CP
    Top 1-2: 5 CP
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    chamber44 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "too much ISO"

you mean, players could level up their characters, have stronger rosters, have more fun playing, play more ofter? THE HORROR

Well, it does make sense to a certain degree, because you don't want power creep to accelerate even further among the player base. That being said, I wouldnt mind seeing a small bump in minimum rewards to 50 iso. I've been iso farming in prologue on occasion, and this would help me A LOT. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    I doubt that you'd be able to level all characters if you played 24/7. Imho you should be able to gain enough ISO to do that by playing. If you play more casual you will lag behind and maybe buy ISO to catch up. But as is, hardcore players make less than what's needed to just level the covers that are added every other week. And if you're casual you have no hope whatsoever to max that many characters.

I'm playing pretty much and I have 15 4stars cover maxed and starving for ISO and 23 3stars. I can't hope to ever max them all no matter how hard I play and that sucks.

Frankly, I think it's by design that you're iso starving. Game publisher needs to generate revenue, and I'm sure they get a nice amount of iso purchases, even if no player will admit to buying. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun Fact (If I recall correctly):
    20 ISO was 10 ISO in the early days or the first year.
    before 70/140 ISO the rewards were even lesser in PVP. And no (possible) 2* covers if you win a PVP match.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Fun Fact (If I recall correctly):
    20 ISO was 10 ISO in the early days or the first year.
    before 70/140 ISO the rewards were even lesser in PVP. And no (possible) 2* covers if you win a PVP match.

You're right there is more ISO than what there was in the early days however there were far fewer characters to apply it to. Season 1 marked the 1st new 4* release since the games launched and versus was all about the 3* tier. Now there are over 40 4* characters and versus has shifted to predominantly 4* to really place well.

The focus on really pushing new character releases has had 2 adverse effects, 1. It is now harder to fully cover a specific character and 2. It is harder to max level them when you do finally cover them. Either a huge boost in ISO awards across the board or reduction in levelling costs would help the latter and help for the former is for another thread.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are earning 20-30k ISO per day you are doing really well. 30K ISO a day would be 210k ISO a week. You would be able to max a 4* every other week and have a solid amount of ISO left over. If you make 10k a day that is 70k a week and you can upgrade a 4* every 3 weeks. If you are earning what you say you are earning you are earning ISO with the elite grinders. The only way to really earn more than what you say you are is if you are buying 40 packs and selling the excess covers for ISO.
  • Yeah I don't think I get more than 5k iso a day. I have about 12 3* that are currently level 127 and need around 85k iso points to level up to 166.

Plus of how lucky I am I have 2 covers for silver surfer which has scaled my opponents up so I only really come across level 166's in pvp. So yeah being able to level them up quicker would be a great help.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get about 10K ISO on good DPD days, and 5K ISO on bad ones (I don't have the 3).

Could really use a bump in ISO metrics. I like Simon's idea of moving the 20 ISO prize into a Standard Token.