I think I made a huge mistake - Championing

2»

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:

There's no way those guys are ever able to actually do anything that helps us out.

You are absolutely wrong. Of the few times contacted CS, they have always been helpful. They helped me out a few times when some thing happened to my roster or rewards.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    Your first sign it was a mistake should have been the fact that CS was all to eager to give you the covers back in the first place.

There's no way those guys are ever able to actually do anything that helps us out.

Eager? It took them two weeks to do this haha. It makes sense they did it the way they did. Again, not mad at CS. I am mad at the lack of communication around here, it's been much worse since IceIX left. I have no problem starting over with my dups, they come easy enough with DDQ, but if the option is gone, it would have been nice if this was stated. I am hoping this was an oversight.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    You make me very glad I held on to my lvl 117 dupe hulk! I champed the maxed one ... I haven't noticed what options I am given when I get a hulk cover. Will I be able to choose to train the low level one, or add a level to the champ? Stay tuned .....

You can train the dupe. I championed GSBW, and my dupe was 5/4/4 due to totally forgetting about the DDQ on the one day I needed it. GSBW purple was first cover given in Champion OBW's progression rewards. Got that and dupe is now 5/3/5.

It does suck that you can not build a dupe after you've championed someone until they're done, but I can understand the possible reasoning behind it (why would you build a dupe instead of adding a level / to avoid free re-specs if they did intend to allow dupe breakdowns / hard to code or not worth the hassle to code or it was worth the hassle to code for a reason / unknown).

I had considered emailing CS to break down some dupes, and I might not have added all the covers to a champion. I might've fed some covers to the Champion and re-built the dupe to be usable (0/5/5 LCap dupe comes to mind). Would've also snuck in a request to break down some 4* dupes I didn't have Championed, so I could get a free respec and not lose any covers (0/0/1 Ant-Man since I changed my mind and do want 5/3/5, 3/5/5 Thor and 4/2/3 XFW to feed some yellow(s) to my 5/5/3).

Looks like my procrastination has helped me avoid possible regret / frustration, by letting others (unfortunately the OP) find out what possible worse case scenarios are actually playing out. Since there seems to be an official policy on deconstructing dupes (case by case basis determined by D3), I probably won't bother emailing CS, which is probably what they were hoping would happen. Maybe if the requests slow down, it might be possible in the future. For now, I'll just lose covers in respecs, and probably level all my 3* dupe to 120 so that they're usable in PVE when boosted and not just as healthpack savers. If they're usable at level 40 (Loki, SW, IM40), I'll keep them there to save ISO and keep lower heal times.
  • Punisher5784
    lukewin wrote:
    You make me very glad I held on to my lvl 117 dupe hulk! I champed the maxed one ... I haven't noticed what options I am given when I get a hulk cover. Will I be able to choose to train the low level one, or add a level to the champ? Stay tuned .....

You can train the dupe. I championed GSBW, and my dupe was 5/4/4 due to totally forgetting about the DDQ on the one day I needed it. GSBW purple was first cover given in Champion OBW's progression rewards. Got that and dupe is now 5/3/5.

It does suck that you can not build a dupe after you've championed someone until they're done, but I can understand the possible reasoning behind it (why would you build a dupe instead of adding a level / to avoid free re-specs if they did intend to allow dupe breakdowns / hard to code or not worth the hassle to code or it was worth the hassle to code for a reason / unknown).

I had considered emailing CS to break down some dupes, and I might not have added all the covers to a champion. I might've fed some covers to the Champion and re-built the dupe to be usable (0/5/5 LCap dupe comes to mind). Would've also snuck in a request to break down some 4* dupes I didn't have Championed, so I could get a free respec and not lose any covers (0/0/1 Ant-Man since I changed my mind and do want 5/3/5, 3/5/5 Thor and 4/2/3 XFW to feed some yellow(s) to my 5/5/3).

Looks like my procrastination has helped me avoid possible regret / frustration, by letting others (unfortunately the OP) find out what possible worse case scenarios are actually playing out. Since there seems to be an official policy on deconstructing dupes (case by case basis determined by D3), I probably won't bother emailing CS, which is probably what they were hoping would happen. Maybe if the requests slow down, it might be possible in the future. For now, I'll just lose covers in respecs, and probably level all my 3* dupe to 120 so that they're usable in PVE when boosted and not just as healthpack savers. If they're usable at level 40 (Loki, SW, IM40), I'll keep them there to save ISO and keep lower heal times.

This.. OMG.. a dead SW takes forever to heal back up! She use to only take 2 hrs, now that she tanks everything and dies more often it's up to probably 8 hrs. This is seriously making me want to quit altogether.. you are definitely better not de-constructing your dups.. the extra 10 levels I got barely made a different in terms of skill damage.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has now been fixed. I had discussed it in a LINE chat, and got other reports that people could recruit dupes for non maxed Champs. I've started my 3rd GSBW, despite her not being a maxed Champion.
  • Punisher5784
    lukewin wrote:
    This has now been fixed. I had discussed it in a LINE chat, and got other reports that people could recruit dupes for non maxed Champs. I've started my 3rd GSBW, despite her not being a maxed Champion.

Soooo you're saying I should come out of retirement and reinstall the game? Lol

Thanks for the update. Although it would have been nice if a red announced this, I'm glad to hear they fixed it.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    A whole page and a half with no meme? Bueller? Bueller???

gob-bluth.jpg
  • lukewin wrote:

Thanks for the update. Although it would have been nice if a red announced this, I'm glad to hear they fixed it.

Well as a member of stampcollector,yes yes you should. But that might just be me being greedy and wanting a shiny nova cover.
  • atomzed wrote:
    kalex716 wrote:

You are absolutely wrong. Of the few times contacted CS, they have always been helpful. They helped me out a few times when some thing happened to my roster or rewards.

If you're ever interested, I've still got all of my many CS responses over a single 3* card they specifically asked us to put in tickets for during the Ultron outage debacle...

tl;dr: Not so helpful, and a bit loose with facts.

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    bbillrich wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

Well as a member of stampcollector,yes yes you should. But that might just be me being greedy and wanting a shiny nova cover.

hahahaha Nova definitely looks awesome. He is probably one of the reasons we can no longer purchase covers with HP because he's definitely whaleable. If he's the reward for Galactus Hungers maybe I'll return for this one-time only event.
  • bbillrich wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

hahahaha Nova definitely looks awesome. He is probably one of the reasons we can no longer purchase covers with HP because he's definitely whaleable. If he's the reward for Galactus Hungers maybe I'll return for this one-time only event.

Being it is up for this event I would guess he will be required for galactus but who knows. I'm not even sure when it's running.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    And no one is upset about this? This is okay that we can no longer have dups unless you fully champ a character? I am surprised. I guess the % of players who have dups is small.

It would have been nice if this was communicated. This is why it was great to have IceIX on the forums because he would have answered this question.

Mpq will probably fix this. Remember originally there was no button to delete tups.

This is a new feature. They're pretty good about fixing these types of things.