Unstable iso-8 vault

rollx
rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm always so happy to see an event vault. I would take a vault over the normal random blind token any day. Vaults give me a sense of purpose when I use a token. You know what your token has a chance to produce. Can we please turn more events rewards into vaults?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not happy, because I have regular event tokens. Oh well, I guess my time will come.
    I wonder how long the devs will keep doing these 50/50 tests? I buy tokens when it's a small vault, I don't buy regular event tokens. This has been going on for a while, so I figure they'd have enough data that vaults do in fact increase sales...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    This has been going on for a while, so I figure they'd have enough data that vaults do in fact increase sales...
    The last 50/50 vault was with X23's release, which might have skewed some data.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm not happy, because I have regular event tokens. Oh well, I guess my time will come.
    I wonder how long the devs will keep doing these 50/50 tests? I buy tokens when it's a small vault, I don't buy regular event tokens. This has been going on for a while, so I figure they'd have enough data that vaults do in fact increase sales...

got normal as well... if it was the vault could of spent my tokens
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ****? I had no idea they were playing this vault game AGAIN.

Maaaaan........
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    How so? Most 50/50 vaults have been associated with new character releases.
    I suppose it might be time to see if it works even without new shiny characters in there...
    slidecage wrote:
    I assume we'll get a vault later on.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the vault!! Vaults are great. It makes me much more likely to play the pve seriously, and also I spend 100 HP per day on the single token. It's nice to know that even if I get a **** prize, at least I'm increasing my chances for a better prize! Each vault, I've generally managed to win at least one 4*, which is always nice. We'll see what happens this time. So far, I've won Clint icon_razz.gif
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    No vault for me, which is great if I get one for the next new character PvP, and okay as long as there is another half.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    How so? Most 50/50 vaults have been associated with new character releases.
    I suppose it might be time to see if it works even without new shiny characters in there...
    slidecage wrote:
    I assume we'll get a vault later on.
    oh you're right, the one before x23 was iceman. Then yeah, I guess they wanna get some data from vaults without new character releases.
  • I got the vault, but it's got Elektra, XPool, and Iceman in it.....don't really need them.

Has the cost gone up? 9800 for a 40-pack, 14k for a second.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I got the vault, but it's got Elektra, XPool, and Iceman in it.....don't really need them.

Has the cost gone up? 9800 for a 40-pack, 14k for a second.
    icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
    The Regular Token 40 packs are 11,200 and 16,000. So you guys get the vault and cheaper tokens. Nice.
  • For the vault single token cost is 400hp, with a daily deal of 100hp.

There's roughly 54 2*'s and 22 3*'s, 3 4*'s, and a Legendary. So roughly 1/3 chance to get 3* or better! Naturally I just bought a 2*.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Vaults are great when they have a 4* you need until you've pulled everything BUT the covers you bought tokens for!

This is an example of "don't let this happen to you". I ended up buying another 10pk just to pull 1 of the 2 Cyclops covers, and it was the LAST token! icon_lol.gif

Screenshot_2015-12-27-20-24-37.png
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same thing happened to me punisher, all I wanted was the KP covers and I pulled everything else, then my next legendary gave me the KP cover I wanted.

Sometimes rngesus just gets bored
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I have never gotten the PVE Vault - always the PvP Vault. Which sucks, since by playing you can get ten PVE Tokens compared to two PVP Tokens. Disappointed that these "tests" seem to go the same way every time.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    If it's any consolation, I got the vault, but with an Elektra and two GThor covers. I'm looking for ways to spend my HP, but I don't think this will be one of them.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could use the LT, Carnage Red, and some 3* covers to champion with... rest is probably iso.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Speaking of iso8 vault, I tried my luck with a daily and a 10 pk. ended up pulling all the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers in the vault, none of which I need plus the LT. I was hoping for the LT plus some star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers to feed my star.pngstar.pngstar.png champs.

Ah, the curse of good luck! icon_e_confused.gificon_neutral.gificon_lol.gif Hopefully, that LT will turn into a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png spidey. icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have the vault. How many items are in it?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

80, no HP or CP in it, only 1 LT, 3 4* covers, bunch of 3*s and a mess o 2*s.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

80, no HP or CP in it, only 1 LT, 3 4* covers, bunch of 3*s and a mess o 2*s.

I really wonder when/how Demiurge is going to increase CP flow. CP from champions was a bit of a one-time shot during the initial championing frenzy, but isn't going to increase flow enough longer term. Getting to 120CP for a single 4* cover (or 6 random 4* covers) will take a very long time for 98% of the population.

Now - giving out CP in place of LT's or putting CP into vaults would at least be a step forward. I get it that the dev's want us to "earn" our way, but if that's the case then they need to make it more straight forward to actually earn CP.