MPQ At Marvel.com: Spider-Man (Back In Black) Swinging in!

Options
2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We didn’t want the addition of Peter Parker to water down the odds for the rest of the crew though, so we’re going to be introducing a new type of Legendary comic pack that will only include the newest 5-star characters.

Well this is a strange read.

They'd previously said there would be a new LT that would include only 4* and cost 20 CP rather than the usual 25.

Now they're saying this, but is this along with, for a total of three LTs? Or is this, as someone else put it, sweet and sour LTs to go along with the new 20 CP token? That is, 4*-only, 4*+chance at 3 older 5*, 4*+chance at 3 newer 5*?
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You guys must be having a really hard time getting licensing rights, it's Spiderman, Hulks, Wolverines, Ms Marvels, Black Widows, Captain Americas all the way down

To think that the game was originally going to be based on the Infinity Gauntlet, perhaps that would've allowed for more variety and Marvel wouldn't be pushing you to do to all this rehashing/palette swaps
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said lower chance of 5*, not no 5*. They specifically said it would still be a "4 star or better" token.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey guys I heard five star bag man was going to be released
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    AdamMagus wrote:
    You guys must be having a really hard time getting licensing rights, it's Spiderman, Hulks, Wolverines, Ms Marvels, Black Widows, Captain Americas all the way down

To think that the game was originally going to be based on the Infinity Gauntlet, perhaps that would've allowed for more variety and Marvel wouldn't be pushing you do to all this rehashing/palette swaps

They had licensing issues earlier on during year 1 but we have seen more variety (outside of Wolverines). To be fair, most of us did request Black Suit Spider-Man. Unfortunately it's 5* and 95% will never be able to fully utilize him.

We just need more villains.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aww, I had been hoping they'd release black-suit spidey for years but the facts that it is not the actual symbiote suit and that he is a 5* are disappointing :/
  • AdamMagus wrote:

To think that the game was originally going to be based on the Infinity Gauntlet, perhaps that would've allowed for more variety and Marvel wouldn't be pushing you do to all this rehashing/palette swaps

They had licensing issues earlier on during year 1 but we have seen more variety (outside of Wolverines). To be fair, most of us did request Black Suit Spider-Man. Unfortunately it's 5* and 95% will never be able to fully utilize him.

Literally yesterday I was talking about MPQ with a friend who doesn't play it and I was talking about Spiderman in it and they were literally "How do they not have black-suit Spiderman in this game yet"

Like, not a lack of Sandman, Lizard, Mysterio, Red Skull, Gambit... how do you not have Black-suit Spiderman.

Spiderman is totally on Wolverine tiers of popular characters, at least. Probably above.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AdamMagus wrote:

From Jan 2015 to June 2015 we had more variety, but since July 2015...
    Bold indicates we didnt have an existing or similar version of this character
    • X-Force Deadpool
    • Cap Falcon
    • Mr Fantastic
    • Silver Surfer
    • Iceman
    • Cyclops (Classic)
    • Old Man Logan
    • Red Hulk
    • Wolverine (X-23)
    • Phoenix
    • Ghost Rider
    • Totally Awesome Hulk
    • Miles
    • Venom
    • Black Suit Spiderman

So 11 clones, copies, rehashes or whatever we want to call it, to 4 unique characters.

Marvel needs to give them more material to work with
  • Tie El Min
    Options
    You've released a new 5*? It's **** extraordinary move! (nope! I yawn) Maybe have finally redesigned Bagman and the other characters? It seems that you're slacking or you don't care about players!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New characters are always cool ,but it's also disappointing to see it's one of those that are already present in just about all tiers. Really would look forward to see Dr Strange or Namor make their appearance icon_mrgreen.gif .
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think you're going to be out of luck with Namor... Given the amount of video games that he's been in EVER https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namor#Video_games (some of which don't even call him by name) I'd say that there's some licensing... issues at the back end.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    I love that we finally have Black Suit Spiderman but we've been complaining about the near uselessness of 3* Spidey for almost 2-years. You released a much better 1* Spidey with an offensive move and a better web tile mechanism than 3*. Then 4* Spidey was recently released which again is everything we would want in a Spiderman.. can we finally get a better 3* Spiderman?!

Let's face it, Spiderman does not heal in the comics and he shouldn't be healing in MPQ. His Spider Sense should always make a tile when a purple is matched, not just when we match it or drop the protect tile altogether. It is sad when Spidey isn't even in the T10 of Support-Only characters. We understand there would be no "revenue" by doing this but in return you would have a much more happier gaming community. Do Spidey some justice! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Btw, this officially makes Spiderman the only characters to have an appearance in each * tier.. more than Wolverine!

Agree on loving Black Spidey
    Totally agree on buffing 3* Spidey (healing, ****?)
    Semi agree on Spidey in all tiers, Miles Morales isnt fully recongnized by me as a full Spider-Man, more like Spider-Manikin
    AdamMagus wrote:

We just need more villains.

Again agreeing on Pun with requesting Black Spidey from day one and sadly agree 5* Spidey is out of reach for years...

And yes, please villians!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you!! Really stoked about finally having Black Suit Spidey in the game! The art for the character is looking great! I will save my questions regarding his powers in the charactet thread but I am really keeping my fingers crossed that you guys managed to do Peter Parker justice this time.

For the dev's eyes only icon_e_wink.gif
    I love that we finally have Black Suit Spiderman but we've been complaining about the near uselessness of 3* Spidey for almost 2-years. You released a much better 1* Spidey with an offensive move and a better web tile mechanism than 3*. Then 4* Spidey was recently released which again is everything we would want in a Spiderman.. can we finally get a better 3* Spiderman?!

Let's face it, Spiderman does not heal in the comics and he shouldn't be healing in MPQ. His Spider Sense should always make a tile when a purple is matched, not just when we match it or drop the protect tile altogether. It is sad when Spidey isn't even in the T10 of Support-Only characters. We understand there would be no "revenue" by doing this but in return you would have a much more happier gaming community. Do Spidey some justice! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everytime they make "clone" character, Im disapointed.
    Everytime.
    Opportunity wasted.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously, folks? Another Spider-Man? So change the name of the game to Marvel SpiderHulkVerine Quest.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just what this game needed, another iteration of Spider-man that I will neither own nor play.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I do enjoy being introduced to characters with whom I'm not familiar, I'm much more interested in the game itself. New tools, abilities and design spaces are a lot more important to me than adding new personalities to the game.