MPQ At Marvel.com: Spider-Man (Back In Black) Swinging in!

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hearty greetings, MPQ fans!

We wanted to let you know that first details for the new Marvel Puzzle Quest 5-Star Super Hero, Spider-Man (Back In Black), are now available.

Swing over to Marvel.com right now for exciting insights revealed in a talk with Demiurge designer, Miles Benjamin. Spidey-tingling preview screenshots and power peeks are available.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: SPIDER-MAN (Back In Black)
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Sounds like a fun new event in the works, but with Venom Bomb just released how are we getting introduced to Black Suit Spidey?

Miles Benjamin: Spider-Man (Back in Black) is our newest 5-star character, so he’ll be joining the ranks of Silver Surfer, Old Man Logan, and Phoenix Jean Grey at the highest level of play."

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anymore news on the special token/comic pack?
  • Or heck, the new event mentioned!

Like, " Sounds like a fun new event in the works"

Is that just referring to Black-suit Spidey being released as an event by itself, or is there a new PVEish or PVPish thing coming?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Anymore news on the special token/comic pack?

Will be announced on Marvel.com about an hour before here so stay tuned icon_e_wink.gif
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Come on, another Spidey. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
    Don´t get me wrong I like´new´chars coming to the game, but latest 3 new chars were spidey chars.
    At least give us Goblin, Rhino or Lizard to name a few.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I bet it will cost 1,000 cp to purchase. icon_twisted.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love that we finally have Black Suit Spiderman but we've been complaining about the near uselessness of 3* Spidey for almost 2-years. You released a much better 1* Spidey with an offensive move and a better web tile mechanism than 3*. Then 4* Spidey was recently released which again is everything we would want in a Spiderman.. can we finally get a better 3* Spiderman?!

Let's face it, Spiderman does not heal in the comics and he shouldn't be healing in MPQ. His Spider Sense should always make a tile when a purple is matched, not just when we match it or drop the protect tile altogether. It is sad when Spidey isn't even in the T10 of Support-Only characters. We understand there would be no "revenue" by doing this but in return you would have a much more happier gaming community. Do Spidey some justice! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Btw, this officially makes Spiderman the only characters to have an appearance in each * tier.. more than Wolverine!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How much CP for the new 5* only LT?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    I bet it will cost 1,000 cp to purchase. icon_twisted.gif

They said 20 CP in the Champions interview.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't imagine the current Legendary token will stay at 25 CP when it contains 4s and 5s, but a new 5* only token will only cost 20.

Something smells funny around here... Why is there no info coming out about this?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    I can't imagine the current Legendary token will stay at 25 CP when it contains 4s and 5s, but a new 5* only token will only cost 20.

Something smells funny around here... Why is there no info coming out about this?
    Because we are stunned at the release of yet another Spidey... and 5* to boot... so they have gone Invisible while we are stunned.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,217 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:

they said more info will come out today.... Really like info when they are going to be fixing the scaling for the 5 star issue.. Hopefully soon....

when they are invisible can they still be hit with goon moves. I know when PRO x is invisible he is still hit with the goon moves
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:

LTs won't have 4 5☆s

We didn’t want the addition of Peter Parker to water down the odds for the rest of the crew though, so we’re going to be introducing a new type of Legendary comic pack that will only include the newest 5-star characters
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    pheregas wrote:

They said "new legendary type of comic pack". As in, a new 4* or better token that can only reward Spider-Man as it's 5* character. (and other new characters when they are released.)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When they said "out of the blue and into the black", I was kind of hoping for Black Bolt, who used to live in the Blue Area on the moon. And he makes much more sense as a 5* than any version of Spider-Man.
  • It mentioned a new token pack for 5* Spiderman, but I kinda hope they use this to split apart the 4* group as well...

Like, have icon_carnage.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_ghostrider.png in the Classic Legendary pack and icon_falcon.pngicon_hulkcho.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_thor.png in the normal Legendary pack, like, set aside older heroes from "Newer" ones, and make it easier to get ones you're targeting or whatnot.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We didn’t want the addition of Peter Parker to water down the odds for the rest of the crew though, so we’re going to be introducing a new type of Legendary comic pack that will only include the newest 5-star characters.

So umm....what happens when the newest characters aren't so new any more?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We didn’t want the addition of Peter Parker to water down the odds for the rest of the crew though, so we’re going to be introducing a new type of Legendary comic pack that will only include the newest 5-star characters.

So umm....what happens when the newest characters aren't so new any more?
    Make another new, new token. Gotta give whales new things to buy
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most important question - what happens to currently earned, stockpiled leg tokens?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Most important question - what happens to currently earned, stockpiled leg tokens?
    Sweet and Sour LT's?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

LTs won't have 4 5☆s

We didn’t want the addition of Peter Parker to water down the odds for the rest of the crew though, so we’re going to be introducing a new type of Legendary comic pack that will only include the newest 5-star characters

Basically what they are saying is,

"All the whales already have their fully leveled 5*'s in SS, OML, and PHX, so in order to avoid them pulling duplicates we are introducing a new Legendary token so they can take advantage of having a higher % for Spiderman and the next two future 5*'s. This will be ongoing and we plan to have 10 different type of Legendary tokens by the end of 2016. We want to give the players the option of what 5* that want a chance to pull."