Legendary Comic Pack?

Cabol
Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The new character has been revealed on Marvel.com which will be a 5*
Black Suit Spider-Man
In the article, they mention a new way to get new 5* covers called Legendary Comic Packs that will only include the newest 5* characters.

Will it cost CP, will it be from championing 4*s, will it be like legendary tokens where they're only in 40-packs except maybe PvE/PvP 40-packs?

Let's see your theories!

Comments

• I say, "Wait 20 minutes for the official thread to come, while this one gets locked", probably. icon_razz.gif

Then I'll get a better idea, I'd guess.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Cabol wrote:
    In the article, they mention a new way to get new 5* covers called Legendary Comic Packs that will only include the newest 5* characters.

I assume it's a new token that only gives 95% 4*s, and 5% whoever the newest 5-star is, or 90% 4-stars and 10% of the two or three most recent 5*s.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    colwag wrote:
    I say, "Wait 20 minutes for the official thread to come, while this one gets locked", probably. icon_razz.gif

I'm well aware there will be an official post about them. I was merely trying to start a fun little discussion about them in the mean time.
  • It sounds as if they are not including Symbiote Spidey into the old LTs which means the new LT will presumably not include the old 5*s and instead only include the next three 5*s.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, that was fast. I didn't expect another 5* for at least a month. He looks very strong -- invisibility any time any opponent is stunned can lead to some very interesting team setups, plus the extra damage from his blue. And reducing enemy strike tiles is something people have wanted for a while.

Plus it's a green/purple/X character where the purple is passive! NEW AND DIFFERENT!

(Also also: the new token type won't be called "Legendary Packs." What we call tokens, for some reason, the devs call "packs," even when discussing a single one. So they're just saying this is a new kind of legendary token.)
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I say, "Wait 20 minutes for the official thread to come, while this one gets locked", probably. icon_razz.gif

You're optimistic for 20 minutes. On Friday we were told that they would try to get more information for us for Monday about this " balance pass" regarding characters from championing. An admin hasn't posted all week so please don't go holding your breath or you will be setting a new record.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    It all makes so much sense now.

step 1) make 3* spiderman suck
    step 2) tease everyone with a so-so 4* spiderman
    step 3) create the 5* black suit spiderman that everyone wanted
    step 4) give him badass art in-game (kudos for that!)
    step 5) release him alongside new token that costs mucho money
    step 6) swim in mansion of money
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whales won't keep buying the same old token, make a new one!
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Link to article? Can't find it anywhere
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, that was fast. I didn't expect another 5* for at least a month. He looks very strong -- invisibility any time any opponent is stunned can lead to some very interesting team setups, plus the extra damage from his blue. And reducing enemy strike tiles is something people have wanted for a while.

Plus it's a green/purple/X character where the purple is passive! NEW AND DIFFERENT!

The Unknown Character you are referring to is a 4*. We do not have any details for the abilities on Black Spiderman yet.
    cyineedsn wrote:
    It all makes so much sense now.

step 1) make 3* spiderman suck
    step 2) tease everyone with a so-so 4* spiderman
    step 3) create the 5* black suit spiderman that everyone wanted
    step 4) give him badass art in-game (kudos for that!)
    step 5) release him alongside new token that costs mucho money
    step 6) swim in mansion of money

Don't forget the superior 1* Spidey too! We've been teased too much.
  • Punisher5784
    MajinDavid wrote:
    The Unknown Character you are referring to is a 4*. We do not have any details for the abilities on Black Spiderman yet.

Check out the "Unknown" thread in Character Discussion

It clearly shows 4* "**** Unknown (coming soon) **** " unless Cthulhu forgot to add a star

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=37618
  • Punisher5784
    MajinDavid wrote:

It clearly shows 4* "**** Unknown (coming soon) **** " unless Cthulhu forgot to add a star

Have you read the article on Marvel.com with Miles?

My guess is that Cthulhu intentionally put it as a 4* instead of a 5*. Imagine the havoc here in the forums if we knew we were going to get a fourth 5*?

I am reading it now. Maybe he was originally going to be a 4* since Spidey can be played with Miles but then they changed it to 5* at the last minute. They did mentioned in the last Q&A to expect a new 5* per month.
  • Punisher5784
    Marvel.com: And teamwork? Who works well with Black Suit Spidey?

I think this is the first article that does not state the new character would work well with Starlord icon_lol.gif
  • MajinDavid wrote:

And the article DOES talk about Black Suit Spidey "Turning invisible whenever an enemy is stunned" and other, "Hey this is literally what that thread describes" abilities.

...although suddenly, I'm wondering if getting him to low HP and having IW make him invisible long-term would be a good idea...
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Who do we believe? With a whole marvel.com article dedicated to describing him as the newest 5* I'm more inclined to assume he's going to be a 5*.

If it turns out it's a mistake and he's a 4* release, that is one big interview gaffe
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    colwag wrote:

You're optimistic for 20 minutes. On Friday we were told that they would try to get more information for us for Monday about this " balance pass" regarding characters from championing. An admin hasn't posted all week so please don't go holding your breath or you will be setting a new record.

Correction:

It was actually only about an hour. icon_razz.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    We'll have a bit more on the new Classic Legends Token Pack later today.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We'll have a bit more on the new Classic Legends Token Pack later today.
    Any chance of moving Phoenix into the classic token and upping the odds to 5%?
    token_legendary.png
    icon_silversurfer.png 5%
    icon_wolverine.png 5%
    Classic Legends
    icon_jeangrey.png 5%
    icon_spiderman.png 5%
  • Punisher5784
    So does Spiderman obtain the Black Suit at another time? How can he be played with Venom?

Also I would have loved if this was the cover!

sm13.jpg