black panther

Options
2»

Comments

• dtm7817 wrote:
    radiopy wrote:
    I wonder if Black Panther is going to be something other than a 3-star. The last three new characters were all 3-stars (Psylocke,DareDevil, Patch), and, other than Ares, there's been a flood of 3-stars (Hulk, Punisher) in recent months. I wonder if this is potentially a 4-star, or even a 1-star.

I'm thinking the same thing. I think BP is going to be a 2star, with the idea that it helps 1star teams improve their rosters and most teams that already have decent 3 star rosters will, for the most part, ignore this tournament (other than the crazy collectors). If that's the case, as someone with a decent set of 3 stars, I'll probably try to collect one cover but not push myself too hard.

Agreed on 2** cover.

That would be a fitting high-placement reward for a 1* tourney.
  • The next 1* needs to be cyclops. Mainly because he's a total lame **** and it'll be fun letting all the different wolverines taking turns shredding him to bits.
  • On the other hand, it'd be nice to have new 2* or even 1* characters in part because it means that there's a much higher chance to get something useful out of tokens. I'm down to needing two 2* covers - Red Modern Hawkeye (x2) and Blue MN Magneto - and I won't need that second if I hit 700 tournament points tonight. It also means I almost never get anything useful out of any token but a Diabolical.
  • KidInsomnia
    Options
    The next 1* needs to be cyclops. Mainly because he's a total lame **** and it'll be fun letting all the different wolverines taking turns shredding him to bits.

NOOOOO cyclops is the BESSST
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Ooh, Storm's other half has been added, do you think they would complement each other's abilities? The way that Wolverine and Daken counter each other.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another question is are we going to get T'Challa or his sister Shuri? Shuri after all was the one that was active during Dark Reign and we have a different female character that is not Black Widow.

background.jpg

I wouldn't complain either way tho.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    background.jpg

If this is it. I want. I feel my roster needs more of a balance between male and female characters. Then again I collect so I want all of them that I can get anyhow.
  • I would love him to be 2star character. Ares is super fun character to play and really helps with earlier roosters. Recently we had 3 new 3*** chars and only one 2**.
  • Anonymous
    Options
    I am waiting for deadpool/cyclops! Not black panther -.-
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Fingers crossed on some sort of healing. Love to see something other than Spidey or OBW on every team.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A brains + brawn character certainly gives hope of someone with support powers. icon_cool.gif

If I could pick, I'd choose 2* too.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I just realized that BP is listed as the possible reward for Episode 4 rather than the Lone Star tournament. BP could still be 2star, but I'm feeling more likely it's going to be 3 star. I agree it would be nice to get another woman.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    I wonder if Black Panther is going to be something other than a 3-star. The last three new characters were all 3-stars (Psylocke,DareDevil, Patch), and, other than Ares, there's been a flood of 3-stars (Hulk, Punisher) in recent months. I wonder if this is potentially a 4-star, or even a 1-star.

I don't think they would do an event for a 1*, no one would play it. If they ever release more 1*'s I think they just get released or they would be in the next Prologue update. Especially if they do more 1* events it would be nice if they increased that portion for more variety, I just think 1*'s shouldnt' take up a roster spot, they should just be, assuming you have the covers. If you save covers they would be in your covers slot, but once you go to create a cover, they should just take up a free space.
  • I seriously doubt that they would ever release another 1-star. Really the whole purpose of 1-stars is for beginners to get a sense of the game, and then once they gotten a hang of it, progress to the 2-star heroes.

The current roster of 1-stars already accomplishes this. All current players would not need another 1-star hero, and all beginners already have all the 1-star heroes they will ever need.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I don't think they would do an event for a 1*, no one would play it. If they ever release more 1*'s I think they just get released or they would be in the next Prologue update. Especially if they do more 1* events it would be nice if they increased that portion for more variety, I just think 1*'s shouldnt' take up a roster spot, they should just be, assuming you have the covers. If you save covers they would be in your covers slot, but once you go to create a cover, they should just take up a free space.

That's a nice idea. icon_e_geek.gif
    As I keep selling my 1* covers, I'll just be tanking Lone Star unless the reward is somehow amazing.

I would 99% expect no 1* Black Panther but I will just say there is one 1* character that could work; someone with the utility of OBW or Spider-man...
    Either because they'd be so useful on their own, or because in combination they'd be so extremely annoying to fight (a L50 with Venom or Juggernaut scale health would be on par in all but tile strength).
  • Anonymous
    Options
    Black panther's black though :0
  • Early thoughts for me at 5/5/3 for BP.

Giving a bunch of AP to the other team is scary, but black can probably one shot a lot of guys...

But a Molotov-like attack that lobs protects instead of attack tiles? Pretty cool. Wish it did AOE too.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    There's a centralized place for this Event. Locking this for clutter purposes.
This discussion has been closed.