Regarding iso income

2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs will simply say there's plenty of Iso in the champion levels, which is more than the cost of selling a cover, avoiding the fact that we need iso to max level them and more to champion.

They may try to say that, but it's just not true. The cost to champion a 2* is 5000. If you take the amount of iso you get from championing an already maxed 2* to level 144 level and subtract the amount you'd get for just selling all those covers, there's only an extra 5000 iso. So you just get back what you put in, no more. Same with 3* (don't know about 4*, but would like to), imagine it's the same. At least with those you'll get characters you can use in pvp, but no real additional iso. It's all smoke and mirrors.

You have a choice.
    Either you pay the ISO up front and eventually get it back, netting a bunch of tokens, HP and CP as you go as well as having a higher level character at the end.
    Or you sell the covers and get ISO to use somewhere else.

You describe it like it's some horrible deception but I really don't see it that way. It's a fork in the road and either way is a legit way to go. It depends if you want long term rewards or immediate ISO for levelling. Either choice is viable, it depends on what you want to do and in what position your roster currently is.
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Like many have mentioned championing doesn't really change the ISO dynamic, it just highlights how drastic the shortage is since players now want to level max waaaay more characters than before. I know a bunch of ideas have been mentioned but I wanted wanted to throw out the pipe dream scenario I brought up to my alliance. I think it would be great if each season a Story event ran called "ISO Raid". It would function along the lines of Ultron or Galactus where alliances worked together to hit thresholds, and the idea would be that as a team we were working together to take down one of Osborne's ISO stash houses. If the alliance hit the top level over the course of the season then it would award a large chunk of ISO (between 50-100K). Basically it would create a "season" for PvE to go along with the PvP season. Allowing it to be one even stretched over 20 days would give players things to do in slow times, and allow it to be put on the backburner if there was a time when both a normal PvE event and PvP even were ending at the same time. I'm sure it will never happen, but I thought it would be a fun idea to float on the forum and see what people think (for the purposes of constructive feedback and to avoid hypothetical dev bashing assume the event was a well balanced, fun thing and not like Galactus Round 1).
  • Thor82
    Thor82 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I love smoke and mirrors
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    delita007 wrote:
    Like many have mentioned championing doesn't really change the ISO dynamic, it just highlights how drastic the shortage is since players now want to level max waaaay more characters than before
    But that IS a change in the dynamic. I was perfectly happy having a bunch of 4*s at 250 and 260, because spending 40-80k for those last few levels was lousy bang for the buck. Made way more sense getting other 4*s into the 200s. But now this DOES pressure you to spend that ISO to max those characters, which slows everything down even further. Eg, I've got 11 covers on a low-level X23, and it'd be great to tool around with her, but it'll be a long while until she floats to the top of the ISO priority list, thanks to championing.
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Touche, poor semantics. The dynamic did change. I should've said the ISO flow was unaffected, but the decision about how to spend it definitely did. The ISO deficit is the same today as it was 2 weeks ago, just now people might actually want to bring their Beast or 3* Bullseye up to 166 for the LT, whereas 2 weeks ago most were perfectly happy not sinking that last 80K into the terrible characters.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    100k per week? Man I wish, a good week for me is around 60k. I just don't have the time to play that a lot of folks around here seem to enjoy. I'm actually going a different direction, championing my 2 stars first, since those covers are abundant, to try to help my iso flow.

Then I have 4star Cyclops who I just covered out. Do I prioritize leveling him? Or championing 3 stars for the LT's? Do I waste championing covers for the iso? This update has been a real kick in the balls for me. I like the system (ish), it seems like a good idea, but the game had an iso problem before this, and now it's just unreal.

The worst part is I would totally consider buying some iso, if the amount per dollar wasn't an absolute joke. Blah.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    So four or so posts regarding iso shortages, including from a mod, and no red replies. Makes me sad

If they won't increase gains, at least consider cutting the leveling cost again...half I say, esp for 2 and 3*
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before introduction of champing...

Forumite : "man I hate LT they are such a dickpunch"

After champing...

Forumite: "holy tinykitty I need to rush to champ all my 3* to get that dickpunch!"