3. 3* champs flat all the way to 266??? The highest 3* I could find was level 224. No sign at that point that their damage values have upward arc at high levels. I hope the do....but at this point, it looks like champ 3*s top out at 85 ... maybe 86.
I know that people are mostly interested in the 3* / 4* range, but did anything change for 2*s?
Final thoughts for now ....
1. After R91 hit, all we could see was the immediate impact to the 3*s and 4* that we had, we had no visibility on champ stats.
2. Based on that limited glimpse, it looked like both 3s and 4s had lost out, like they now flatlined at the top, which was in the long-term worse than the boost they got at lower levels, and ....
3. ... the bigger boost to 4*s was a pain in the butt, upsetting the tanking scheme we were all used to.
4. On the whole, 3*s and 4*s are, overall, big winners. Stronger at lower levels, and significantly stronger above lvl 275. Helps keep those buffed 3*s relevant, and gives champed/buffed 4*s a chance to close the gap with 5*s.
5. The trends from lvl 166 to 270, initially looked so bizarre, serves to set up a much more logical match damage hierarchy than what came before.
For my part, I think the devs did a great job with these match damage tweaks. Just wish the big picture had been more obvious.
now if we could get some word as to what exactly is wrong with level buffs, and how that will be fixed....
4. On the whole, 3*s and 4*s are, overall, big winners. Stronger at lower levels, and significantly stronger above lvl 275.
This thread and those charts are entirely concerned with match damage. Did not look at any other stat. Did not look at health, abilities, sellback, anything. I was interested solely in the changes to the match damage curves, to understand what the devs had done, and how it affected tanking.
But ability stats ... each character would have their own progression. I would guess they would continue to increase, generally speaking. No real reason for them to be slavishly tied to the match damage curves I can think of. The few characters whose ability stats I have paid attention to as I championed them from 166 into the 180s have seen stat increases.
Perhaps you could start a similar project tracking the stats of a few selected abilities?
Updated OP per some additional data, see "Green EDIT" dated today.
It does (so far....) resemble 2 half-parabolas pastiched together in the middle ... and the middle being at lvl 270, damage 83.
I imagine they probably didn't use a 5th degree polynomial as the formula. I think different formulas for under/over level....250 or so? could be a possibility.