Under 30s scored 12k pts for Sim sub normal??

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
There is a guy called Teo_k in my bracket. Sim sub normal, he scored over 12k in 2cycles. Thing is, all his chars are under 30 1 stars.

Is that even possible? Seems very suspicious. I don't know if I should report him...

Comments

• Do you actually play MPQ, or just go around looking for cheaters? It seems half of your posts are about them.

To answer your question, I assume it's quite possible due to rubberbanding if he actually only joined the Simulator recently. If he's a newish player (and not a cheat) I'd expect his "normal" Sim to be pretty easy for him to beat.
  • I doubt you can do so many points without a Hulk.
  • Hm, a second player from same bracket just ranked 2nd too, also under 30s.

I guess there must be a legit way of doing this....

Are the enemies scaled according to global wins only? Or are they scaled according to your level? If they are scaled according to your level, it would make sense why lowbies are scoring so high.
  • Bro, it's a classic case of ****, not cheating. Scaling is so broken that they can do that easily while the people who worked for that place get screwed big time. It should be the devs first priority right now, but since we haven't heard a solution yet (ive been hearing complaints about it for months on here) we can only assume they don't care, they work far too slowly, or they get more money from the game this way. None of those are acceptable.
  • 30s usually stands for 30 seconds...fyi. need an apostrophe for what you meant.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    30s usually stands for 30 seconds...fyi. need an apostrophe for what you meant.

Oh man, I definitely thought he meant 30 seconds, and thought it was maybe suspicious. But he's talking about levels...which is absolutely not suspicious at all.
  • I joined an easy node (late) and was able to rack up 9000 points in one pass through. The bulk of those points were just running down stacks on the hardest missions. I still left a lot of points 'on the table' when I finally gave up.
  • Nemek wrote:

Oh man, I definitely thought he meant 30 seconds, and thought it was maybe suspicious. But he's talking about levels...which is absolutely not suspicious at all.

All this stuff.
  • Another stupid thread from the worst poster on the forum.
  • jozier wrote:
    Another stupid thread from the worst poster on the forum.

Personal differences aside, I dont think it was a stupid post since I have no clue how the eff this game scores for different people. It's another **** event where people are questioning how everything works.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Personal differences aside, I dont think it was a stupid post since I have no clue how the eff this game scores for different people. It's another **** event where people are questioning how everything works.

Normally it wouldn't be a bad post, but the poster in question has a seriously prominent habit of declaring shenanigans on everything in sight, to the point of prolonged irritation at other player's expense. Newer players have painfully low levels on their brackets, and as such they're far from unbeatable (especially given scary 3* heroes are really really really garbage at low levels). Case closed.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Normally it wouldn't be a bad post, but the poster in question has a seriously prominent habit of declaring shenanigans on everything in sight, to the point of prolonged irritation at other player's expense. Newer players have painfully low levels on their brackets, and as such they're far from unbeatable (especially given scary 3* heroes are really really really garbage at low levels). Case closed.

It was a genuine query on the situation. If it was a declaration I would have simply reported it. I found something that seemed a little odd, I asked on the forums if it was normal, and if all reasonable doubts were cleared, I send a report. That's all I am doing.

While you seem to have paid quite the attention to my posting history, you seem to have forgotten that I have called it right on one case, the person I pointed out was indeed a cheater.

Simple terms, I was right once. It pays to check.
  • mechgouki wrote:

Yeah, but a broken watch is also right twice a day.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    It was a genuine query on the situation. If it was a declaration I would have simply reported it. I found something that seemed a little odd, I asked on the forums if it was normal, and if all reasonable doubts were cleared, I send a report. That's all I am doing.

While you seem to have paid quite the attention to my posting history, you seem to have forgotten that I have called it right on one case, the person I pointed out was indeed a cheater.

http://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops ... s/boy.html
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Yeah, but a broken watch is also right twice a day.

Lol. Clever. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything. I'm just saying. Clever.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I doubt you can do so many points without a Hulk.

This.

I played my separate account on my iPad this morning while I couldn't sleep. It's all * guys and Bagman from the prologue, but I drew a Hulk with my simulator pack at 300 and ended up with so many points I'll likely end up in the top 10 of my "Easy" simulator room and the top 150 of my 1000 bracket for the whole run. Only took about 2 hours of play with Hulk used as a tank and maybe 1-2 health packs.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    The ability of people with barely 1* rosters to easily take top spots over people with 2* and 3* rosters has kind of ruined my drive to play PVE, which used to be my main enjoyment of the game. Ive started tanking LR and playing PVP...which seems to be where they are driving the people who have 1+ maxed 2*s. Makes me sad.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    The ability of people with barely 1* rosters to easily take top spots over people with 2* and 3* rosters has kind of ruined my drive to play PVE, which used to be my main enjoyment of the game. Ive started tanking LR and playing PVP...which seems to be where they are driving the people who have 1+ maxed 2*s. Makes me sad.

They really need to adjust things a bit with regards to the difficulty scaling.

Hell, I just proved exactly how farked it is this morning without even trying hard... just playing the event as a goof on my iPad, which I rarely get to use for MPQ as compared to my phone, figuring that I could get a few decent covers and some HP to bank.
  • MarvelMan wrote:

Maybe you didn't look too deep into PvP, but those are ALSO being taken on the top spots by low level rosters.

It is sad, but it seems to be working for the devs as another income source. They "force" low level roster people into gaining new covers that they will want to buy HP for (slots or whatnot).
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unless the 30 owns something, he's fine.