Quality of life changes wishlist

2»

Comments

• VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    SHIELD CHANGES

NO time limits on shields, i.e. NO waiting for 8 hrs. This will be a financial gain for developers and like another person commented useful to those of us that have jobs.

Also you can not loss l more than you gain in pvp. If you win a match a and gain 30 points but are attacked for 100 you get nothing but loss nothing either. This one will not happen because it will decrease shield revenues.

When you put a shield NO points can be subtracted against you after that, even if another player is still in a match. This one pisses me off the most, shielding and than 2 min later points are subtracted.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Also, could you elaborate on:
    Pvp scoring applies the result of the fight you where just in before deducting any points lost defensively while in that fight
    Does that mean if you win a fight, you won't lose points, or at a minimum, you can't lose more points than you win during a match so long as you win the match? That might be good.

I read that to mean, as an eg ,you're on 985 points and you accept a match worth 35, and win, but during that match 3 other people hit you, and u drop, lets call it 100 points. Currently you would see your score climb up, but you wouldn't receive the prog reward at 1000 points, then you'd get the 'you were attacked' notification and once you've hit the leader boards (refreshed your score) you'd notice you weren't at 1000 points. The change above would have the 35 points you won added to your 985, giving you the 1k progression reward, and would then take away the 100 points lost during the match, dropping you back down to 900... the only issue i see with this is it has to 'freeze' your score somehow while 'in a match' which would be an easy way to shield without shielding (hold a match open until the end of the event).

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

This is what I meant - the free shield trick is a good point - maybe limit it to 5 min hold on score - most matches especially on hops are less than this anyway and maybe need a short cool down but sure it's not an insurmountable problem

that also goes to point of also ur invulnerable to break every shield at the last 5 minutes of pvp event. which puts the panties in a bunch for the peeps that will say, "i can't always be there to break shield and fight for my placement at the end of every pvp."

i like your idea but the whining the dev will get won't let them implement this.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    VA5 wrote:
    SHIELD CHANGES

NO time limits on shields, i.e. NO waiting for 8 hrs. This will be a financial gain for developers and like another person commented useful to those of us that have jobs.

Also you can not loss l more than you gain in pvp. If you win a match a and gain 30 points but are attacked for 100 you get nothing but loss nothing either. This one will not happen because it will decrease shield revenues.

When you put a shield NO points can be subtracted against you after that, even if another player is still in a match. This one pisses me off the most, shielding and than 2 min later points are subtracted.

shield latency. if u already lost ur points u would already see it when ur score added up. but if u shielded and go to main menu, the server will ping ur shield a little bit afterwards. u should go to leader board right after u shield to force their servers to recognized that u shielded.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those are not "quality of life" changes. Not that they wouldn't improve our lives, heh, but that's not what the term in game lingo means. Quality of life changes are all about accessibility. For example, a long-requested quality of life change is the addition of a "quick level up" button, as opposed to having to keep a button pressed for a long time. Another would be showing both teams AP at all times during battle. Or lumping earned nodes by rarity, etc.
  • Flume
    Flume Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Those are not "quality of life" changes. Not that they wouldn't improve our lives, heh, but that's not what the term in game lingo means. Quality of life changes are all about accessibility. For example, a long-requested quality of life change is the addition of a "quick level up" button, as opposed to having to keep a button pressed for a long time. Another would be showing both teams AP at all times during battle. Or lumping earned nodes by rarity, etc.

I would have thought that "quality of life" would be more on topic of pve refresh timers and grinding node point values.
    You know, game premises that actually diminish your quality of life.

I also don't understand the "20 ISO problem".
    This is only a problem because the event scoring dictates to keep repeating the nodes.
    I still swear that balanced characters fixes the perception of these non-problems.
    Let me reasonably play my Elektra against your HB and we won't all have the same roster with way more wasted ISO than you're worried about.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Pylgrim wrote:
    i though it it meant loosely any thing that alone or in combination with a few features that is so annoying that it makes you want to quit playing the game. most of these items fall in that category.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    i though it it meant loosely any thing that alone or in combination with a few features that is so annoying that it makes you want to quit playing the game. most of these items fall in that category.

Yeah, you (and me) would think that, but again, this is gaming lingo here. It has very a definite meaning.
  • Heartburn wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

No, he's right. "Quality of life" changes should be small things that simply allow players to do something they can already do in a simpler or more intuitive fashion. At most, QoL changes should only involve minor tweaks to game mechanics. That's the entire point of calling them "quality of life" changes rather than "mechanics changes" or "balance changes" - yes, mechanics/balance changes can (and often do) improve the players' quality of life, but you don't call them QoL changes because they're bigger than that.

The following suggestions from this thread would qualify as QoL changes:
    • Pvp scoring applies the result of the fight you where just in before deducting any points lost defensively while in that fight (minor tweak to mechanics)
    • Either a remove all option on boosts or default to no boosts being applied rather than carry them forward
    • "Raise level by one" button
    • Scroll bars for leaderboards
    • Sort function for rewards screen
    • Sell all 1*/2* button
    • an open all button for standard tokens
    • I want to be able to find characters more easily on the character selection screen.
    • on the character selection and training screens, I'd really like to flick through them, rather than hitting a button.
    • when u see node in pve u know how much they are worth without clicking
    • during our team selection there be a bar with color damage in order of most to least and with the icon of which character will tank them
    All of the others (especially the repeated cries for "Fix scaling!") would be full-on modifications to game mechanics or balancing.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    cactusrob wrote:
    Sell all 1*/2* button.

This would be so nice, though now with championing, I'd actually rather see a way to filter the covers we have by both star level and the actual cover (e.g. I want to see how many 2* Storm covers I have, how many 2* Human Torches, etc.).
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I would like to see ISO given for each defensive win in PVP and Simulator. So if your defensive win give you 1 point, that would be 10 ISO. 10 points = 100 ISO. Cheap and free ISO. Not game-breaking and but it chips away at the challenge of finding more.

Also, the Motherlode needs to be adjusted like yesterday. Any 3* transitioner still can get that ISO in two weeks if they occasionally play the Lightning Rounds and each PVP option and PVE node they can. Still doesn't add up enough to anyone looking to increase their roster. It takes at least a month for that same player to get 20k in HP.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    20 iso changed to 100 iso

you get 100 iso per alliance member playing instead of 10.

not much, but it'd help.
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I'd like a few changes that I think qualify as quality of life: one, in PVP, I'd like to be able to see what the shielded status is of a potential team so I can decide whether I want to attack them or give them a few minutes to put up their shields; two, I'd like to be able to see what a potential team's current ranking is in the event; and three, also in PVP, I'd like to be able to scroll through the whole list of 500 people instead of only the ten people around me and the top 10 people.

Actually, all you have to do is implement three and you'll implement one and two, although it would be nice to implement one and two in a way that wouldn't require people to scroll through the whole list. Such as just putting shield status and event ranking under their current Alliance listing on their team info page, or something like that.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like a storage vault for 3 and 4 star character covers. As someone going from 2-3 and probably a year off having enough iso for championing them all at 166 all that's happening is people will pull further away and then in a year I can start using the champ system for my 3 stars. If I could vault them while spending the next year earning iso it would really help me maintain the current gap. Most of my 3 stars are currently well covered but at level 120. My plan was to only ever take the best of them to 150ish and the rest to 120-140. Now this system has changed the game, I have to take most of them or all of them to 166. I either need an iso flood or a vault or by the time I get to 166 everyone I'm currently fighting at 166 will be out of sight again.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    It would be nice to be able to:
    1)See the number of covers characters have when we see the opposing team (before we get to choose our team. It shows only what covers they have now, but not numbers.
    2)Do a quick respec (for champions only, i.e. whithout applying covers) on the pre battle screen. Something like just tapping to reduce one cover and tapping on the other to increase it. Here, maybe picture can help describe what I mean icon_e_smile.gif
    rsPFzvRl.png
    • whitecrit.png lower if needed to make room
    • redcrit.png move if needed to make room
    • greencrit.png select the character you wish to respec
    • yellowcrit.png it starts with 13 total on the left three numbers (starting covers) and a zero (spare covers) and a minus sign (must first take away some covers before adding them elsewhere); while there are spare covers (fourth number is not 0) FIGHT! is dimmed/greyed out and you can also tap to change minus sign into a plus sign to start applying spare covers
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    two quality of life changes I'd like to see are:
    1: in a survival node show the current wave and total number of waves.
    2: some abilities trigger if the character is below a certain health %. For example ares red, storms yellow or rocket and groots yellow. But in a battle you dont know if you are at 49% 50% or 51% health, so on top of health bar also show percentage.
  • I would really like a "claim all rewards" button.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    PeeOne wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    20 ISO only given after all other rewards assigned to the node have been given

Wish list

Lightening rounds to run all week - stop penalising me for having a job

Epilogue missions or some form of non competitive game mode to play while waiting

LOVE these 3
    Re the 20 Iso... Star Trek: Wrath of Gems does that - you earn certain rewards for the first 4 passes THEN reverts to the lowly 40 crystals

Wait... Star Trek: Wrath of Gems? Now downloading. ****, now I have yet another mobile game. And it's both TOS and TNG. Sweet.

Anyway, RE: the OP... I love all many of the suggestions mentioned in this thread. I'd say my favorites would be:
    • Filter all earned covers by * rating and allow mass selecting/deleting/applying to characters
    • Survival node current/total wave display
    • Pvp scoring applies the result of the fight you where just in before deducting any points lost defensively while in that fight (minor tweak to mechanics)
    • Scroll bars for leaderboards
    • Lightning Rounds on weekends
    • More ISO in general
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    A Caltrops nerf would improve my quality of life tremendously.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Flume wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

I would have thought that "quality of life" would be more on topic of pve refresh timers and grinding node point values.
    You know, game premises that actually diminish your quality of life.

I also don't understand the "20 ISO problem".
    This is only a problem because the event scoring dictates to keep repeating the nodes.
    I still swear that balanced characters fixes the perception of these non-problems.
    Let me reasonably play my Elektra against your HB and we won't all have the same roster with way more wasted ISO than you're worried about.

The 20 ISO problem is why should it take 20 times to do same node to get the command point reward because in the mean time all its given is 20 ISO.

That's not character balance or scoring optimisation - 10+ times you'll have cleared the node for 1 point.

This is after all a game and games are meant to be fun - 20 ISO is the opposite of fun.

Non problems - ha ha - got to love a troll post.