Quality of life changes wishlist

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So called quality of life changes have been mentioned as up coming in some of the recent champion comms. Obvious questions - what would good look like and what would be on your wishlist and make you a very happy forum lurker.

Minimum acceptable QoL improvements

20 ISO only given after all other rewards assigned to the node have been given

Increased availability of ISO somehow

Fixes to longstanding bugs (eg critical exploding in mid air with certain characters)

Pvp scoring applies the result of the fight you where just in before deducting any points lost defensively while in that fight

Wish list

Increase sale ISO price for duo covers - champions levels is great but long term ISO neutral and ISO just became the limiting factor for most people - game could stand a doubling of sale value at each tier level to help people get towards maxed characters to then champion them.

Either a remove all option on boosts or default to no boosts being applied rather than carry them forward - ISO is scares so a quick mistake is hurting now

Pvp matchmaking fix

Changes to scaling in pve so have a 5 star doesn't cripple you but so having a maxed roster should always be the most effective long term strategy

Nodes can only put goons with characters with a different colour set - Ie no more hood with two yellow feeders or carnage with two red feeders (yes I know this will never happen but hey it's my wishlist)

Lightening rounds to run all week - stop penalising me for having a job

Epilogue missions or some form of non competitive game mode to play while waiting for shield or node but aimed at veteran player - there have been lots of good suggestions but maybe some sort of ten wave node with each wave getting progressively harder - say 1000 ISO per wave cleared and have it refresh once a week - this I can accept we would be "meant to lose" unless we are say maxed 5* but maybe a maked 4* should be able to clear wave 8 and maked 3* wave 6 as a guide and after that it's a challenge to out perform your roster

Other thoughts?

Comments

• PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    alphabeta wrote:

Wish list

Lightening rounds to run all week - stop penalising me for having a job

Epilogue missions or some form of non competitive game mode to play while waiting

LOVE these 3
    Re the 20 Iso... Star Trek: Wrath of Gems does that - you earn certain rewards for the first 4 passes THEN reverts to the lowly 40 crystals
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Considering they like matching me with the same 3 people at a time, I'd like to second the thread on the board calling for the removal of the skip tax.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    -"Raise level by one" button
    -Scroll bars for leaderboards
    -Sort function for rewards screen (even if just a "reverse sort")
    -remove the skip tax
    -if unwilling to fix the "20 iso problem" at least increase it to 50 iso
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Either a remove all option on boosts or default to no boosts being applied rather than carry them forward - ISO is scares so a quick mistake is hurting now

This is how it used to be, and it's awful. Having to add boosts back in every battle is way more than randomly costing yourself iso once in a while.
  • cactusrob
    cactusrob Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Sell all 1*/2* button.
  • Some really good suggestions so far!

Ill add one. Take a stronger stance against cheating. 1st time warning, 2nd time banned to sandbox forever. No exceptions!

Its completely heinous that whales can run bots 24/7 without repercussion just because they gave you a bunch of money. Not to mention the token exploit...BOO!
  • You forgot one pvp thing. An ability to select your defenders.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    FIX YOUR SCALING, so that 1* and 2* rosters are not facing MAXED 270s in PvE and MAXED 166s in PvP!!!!!
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I would love a sell all 1* option, and an open all button for standard tokens.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I'll plug a post I made in the ghost town that is the Suggestions forum: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36344&p=467740#p453088

Basically, I want to be able to find characters more easily on the character selection screen. The more new characters that are added, the more annoying it is to scroll through all of them to find your go-to team. And it's going to get even worse with characters all at different levels due to championing (so they're not even alphabetized anymore).

My suggestion was a "favored parings" option. Things like fixing the 20 iso reward, and the iso flow generally, are obviously more important. But I seem to have decided to make this my pet issue.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Similarly, on the character selection and training screens, I'd really like to flick through them, rather than hitting a button. It's a touchscreen, after all.

But the 20 ISO is the biggest one I'd like to change.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    TRIPPLE ISO AND GET RID OF THE CHANCE OF GETTING 20 ISO!!!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:

Epilogue missions or some form of non competitive game mode to play while waiting

Yes! Kill 20 ISO and more non competitive play.

Other ideas:
    Fix scaling. Quit making leveling characters a bad thing.

Also, could you elaborate on:
    Pvp scoring applies the result of the fight you where just in before deducting any points lost defensively while in that fight

Does that mean if you win a fight, you won't lose points, or at a minimum, you can't lose more points than you win during a match so long as you win the match? That might be good.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Punatulkku wrote:
    You forgot one pvp thing. An ability to select your defenders.

I understand what you're saying, but this would be awful in practice because everyone ELSE is selecting their defenders too. If everyone's able to optimize for defense, good luck completing even 1-2 battles during a hop before getting hit.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I like some of the ideas listed above like, a favorites button to make it easier to find your more often used heroes, up the 20 iso reward, putting in a sell button for 1 and 2 stars.

I'd like to see no expiration time on unused covers. Maybe put a limit of x amount a player can store before they have to sell or use them.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    Does that mean if you win a fight, you won't lose points, or at a minimum, you can't lose more points than you win during a match so long as you win the match? That might be good.

I read that to mean, as an eg ,you're on 985 points and you accept a match worth 35, and win, but during that match 3 other people hit you, and u drop, lets call it 100 points. Currently you would see your score climb up, but you wouldn't receive the prog reward at 1000 points, then you'd get the 'you were attacked' notification and once you've hit the leader boards (refreshed your score) you'd notice you weren't at 1000 points. The change above would have the 35 points you won added to your 985, giving you the 1k progression reward, and would then take away the 100 points lost during the match, dropping you back down to 900... the only issue i see with this is it has to 'freeze' your score somehow while 'in a match' which would be an easy way to shield without shielding (hold a match open until the end of the event).

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waiting for the hammer to come down and to put this in the desolation called suggestion forum.
  • alphabeta
    firethorne wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

Yes! Kill 20 ISO and more non competitive play.

Other ideas:
    Fix scaling. Quit making leveling characters a bad thing.

My elaboration is

You go into a fight on 980 points - during the fight you are hit for 100 points and the fight nets you 50 points.

Today you come out of the fight at 880 and end up and 930 when the win is added.

I'd propose your score is temporarily locked at 980 while in a fight - you come out and get the 50 points and clear the 1k progression before the -100 is applied. You end up back at 930 but by a different route more in favour of the player.

That I'd view as a quality of life improvement as its not a wholesale change the game mechanic just sequencing - you could and probably should do more other the whole pvp mechanic but I'm trying to keep what could reasonably be expected of quality of life improvements in mind in my suggestions
  • alphabeta
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

I read that to mean, as an eg ,you're on 985 points and you accept a match worth 35, and win, but during that match 3 other people hit you, and u drop, lets call it 100 points. Currently you would see your score climb up, but you wouldn't receive the prog reward at 1000 points, then you'd get the 'you were attacked' notification and once you've hit the leader boards (refreshed your score) you'd notice you weren't at 1000 points. The change above would have the 35 points you won added to your 985, giving you the 1k progression reward, and would then take away the 100 points lost during the match, dropping you back down to 900... the only issue i see with this is it has to 'freeze' your score somehow while 'in a match' which would be an easy way to shield without shielding (hold a match open until the end of the event).

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

This is what I meant - the free shield trick is a good point - maybe limit it to 5 min hold on score - most matches especially on hops are less than this anyway and maybe need a short cool down but sure it's not an insurmountable problem
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    one of my favorite suggestion is when u see node in pve u know how much they are worth without clicking, either have how much they are worth around the node or worst case superimposed on node which can also lead to it not being clear.

And also when u click on any node pvp or pve when u see enemy team it have number of covers the character has like when we look at our roster. so we don't to look at their whole roster to see the number of covers they have and how they are spec-ed.

also during our team selection there be a bar with color damage in order of most to least and with the icon of which character will tank them.