Before I sell my now useless duplicates...

2»

Comments

• PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Feeling quite poor at the moment.... Average job, 1 husband, 2 foster kids and 2 dogs....

Then I read about duplicates of almost EVERY character??? The roster slots alone for that is my kids schooling for a year!!!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    My roster is in my sig, which I've enabled for this post. I'm up to 129 slots. I've only spent $45 total, and that's since the anniversary. $20 for roster slots/tokens for daily deal during the anniversary, $20 for tokens/roster slots for daily deal during the Naughty or Nice vault, $5 for the Google sale that gave me $20 worth of HP and the CP that came with a $20 purchase.

I'm able to have 129 slots, simply by using the HP I've gained by playing the game, at the level I play it. I'm a t2 caliber PVE player (should say t1 now) and am ok with only hitting 1k in PVP. The HP that comes in from placing that high in PVE (subs, not finishes) and the HP I'm not spending by shielding more often to get to 1.3k, goes to roster slots. If you're a t10 caliber PVE player, you can get 100 HP a day, for 24 hr subs. For 48 hr subs, you'd get 250 HP. Demiurge does release a lot of characters, but the people playing at the level I am, won't have to pay out of pocket for more slots.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Would have been nice if someone with authority would have answered this question instead of having CS tell me later that they can't do anything AFTER I sold my covers. The correct order of operations was: (1) read forum to learn about possible solution to useless duplicates; (2) contact customer service about information read on forum; (3) wait for CS response telling you to sell your duplicates; (4) get 49K ISO and 13 covers.

I sold my characters because no one had told me that I could get both the 13 covers and the 49K ISO if I contacted CS first.

"We do apologize, but we cannot provide this service for any duplicate characters that were sold before approaching us with this request."
    -snip-
    "Once you have completed this list, please reply to this message with that list and we will be able to provide further instructions if your account qualifies for this offer. Make sure you do NOT sell these characters until we proceed."

See, this is where the Reds need to get out in front of this. I asked the question in the forums and since then, everyone is getting a different answer.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Would have been nice if someone with authority would have answered this question instead of having CS tell me later that they can't do anything AFTER I sold my covers. The correct order of operations was: (1) read forum to learn about possible solution to useless duplicates; (2) contact customer service about information read on forum; (3) wait for CS response telling you to sell your duplicates; (4) get 49K ISO and 13 covers.

I sold my characters because no one had told me that I could get both the 13 covers and the 49K ISO if I contacted CS first.

"We do apologize, but we cannot provide this service for any duplicate characters that were sold before approaching us with this request."
    -snip-
    "Once you have completed this list, please reply to this message with that list and we will be able to provide further instructions if your account qualifies for this offer. Make sure you do NOT sell these characters until we proceed."

See, this is where the Reds need to get out in front of this. I asked the question in the forums and since then, everyone is getting a different answer.
    Now you ask to have the recently sold characters restored
  • Buret0
    So, I drew a Silver Surfer from the 20 CP pack I bought. Current cover distribution: 6/2/2. I'm never going to get four more surfer covers in the next 14 days, let alone the ISO to gain those levels and champion him... Should I sell the cover or will they eventually deconstruct a duplicate Surfer for championing?

Current 5* cover distributions:

Surfer: 6/2/2
    OML: 1/1/0
    Phoenix: 0/0/0
    Spider: 0/0/0

Before OML was released:

Surfer 3/1/2

After OML was released, before Phoenix was released:

Surfer 1/1/0
    OML: 1/1/0

Phoenix to Spiderman:

Surfer: 1/0/0

Spiderman:

Surfer: 2/0/0

RNGeesus really wants me to have blue surfer covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:

My 4/1/1 SS is right there with ya. Sure he can heal.. but without a couple more red... not adding any more iso into him...
  • Buret0
    Malcrof wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

My 4/1/1 SS is right there with ya. Sure he can heal.. but without a couple more red... not adding any more iso into him...

If I could customize my SS (championing is going to be the only way), I would go 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. The healing bump at 5 blues is so minimal, and totally random charged tiles can be as helpful to the other side as they are to you. Thing is, is damage bump on red is almost all levels and not really covers.

1171 damage per AP at 5 red covers or 888 damage per AP at 3 covers, it doesn't really matter. With 5*s, the most important thing is just getting different covers in order to get the health, match damage, and boost to ability powers. The exception being Surfer's black, which is a huge waste of AP at lower cover levels and eventually gets to be a decently powerful attack that gathers much more AP than it costs at 5 covers. At level 2 it gathers 9 random AP over 3 turns (assuming it isn't wiped out) dealing match damage for the tiles it gathers. At 5 covers it gathers 20 AP over 4 turns at 5 tiles per turn. That's an AP return of +7, and if you put it on a board edge it will always gather the five tiles around it, allowing you to predict the colors you will obtain.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Read this thread last Thursday. Put in CS request to deconstruct dupes. Got same emails and instructions you OP did. Got all my covers to use today. Pretty straightforward and self explanatory process.
  • Buret0
    Read this thread last Thursday. Put in CS request to deconstruct dupes. Got same emails and instructions you OP did. Got all my covers to use today. Pretty straightforward and self explanatory process.

Well, last Thursday we were under the impression you either got the ISO for selling or the covers for championing, not both. Since we've never heard from the reds, we were all just guessing at the time.

So I sold my 269 JG and my 270 4Pool and lost 26 covers because I needed the 49K (x2) ISO more than I needed the covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dupes are not useless, they have the same use they had when you built them to begin with, sending team ups, saving health packs etc..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm keeping my hood/loki dupes at lower levels for tanking purposes when they get boosted. hate hood and loki essentials where they tank 3 or 4 colors. only other dupes are for parking some covers in hopes of deconstructs later. I'm aware of those risks. anyway, that's how I see it.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:

Well, last Thursday we were under the impression you either got the ISO for selling or the covers for championing, not both. Since we've never heard from the reds, we were all just guessing at the time.

So I sold my 269 JG and my 270 4Pool and lost 26 covers because I needed the 49K (x2) ISO more than I needed the covers.

After initial request with CS notifying them of my intent to deconstruct, their followup email explicitly told me not to sell off my dupes until I had heard back from them, as they were reviewing my eligibility for deconstruction. When all characters were identified and approved, I proceeded to sell off the dupes in question as instructed. I got 1k ISO from the sell off of those dupes, regardless of how many covers they had (ranging from 4-13 covers) and they were all at base level 70 with no add'l ISO thrown in, unlike your dupes with a huge ISO investment sunk into them. They were mainly for use as health pack savers when the character was boosted for the week. I'm just sharing that my experience with CS was ideal and they basically double checked at each reply to make sure I was aware of what would happen before they implemented any changes. I could have backed out at any time if I felt that the results would not match my expectations.

I'm sorry that you lost your nearly completely maxxed dupes. I can't fathom losing 26 covers for two top tier 4*s. Hopefully you got good LT pulls from the championing that ISO went to. Before last Thursday, when championing began, I did sell off about seven 4* dupes with single covers for the ISO bc I knew I wasn't close to championing their main counterparts. Best bonus to all this roster cleanup is about 13 extra roster spaces.

My point is that thanks to this thread and a few others regarding deconstruction and all the unclear speculation from forum posters about eligibility and consequences of selling off, I'm happy that I went straight to CS for resolution and happy for approval. If I had been denied by CS, I'd still be plugging along with my dupes to use as cover holders for those not close to championing. I was also chiming in as an instance of a non-whale player that got good customer service.
  • Buret0
    Malcrof wrote:
    Dupes are not useless, they have the same use they had when you built them to begin with, sending team ups, saving health packs etc..

I built my most expensive duplicates for one reason: different cover configurations.

I had a 5/5/3 and a 5/3/5 JG (her extra two blue covers never really did much, but I ALWAYS put her in on D over the 5/3/5 and I ALWAYS used her to fight battery builds like IF).

I had a 3/5/5 and a 5/3/5 4Pool. I used one on D and one on O. I didn't need the second one for health because the first one had that beautiful red.

I would never send the duplicate as a team-up because the passive is 5-covered instead of the active, so I risk sending my team a 3 cover TU.

That being said, there were two duplicates that I held on to, because you don't need to level them up for them to be useful. There's a big difference between spending the 360K ISO on a team-up and just dropping five covers and a roster slot. One of them I'm prepared to do for my team, the other I am not.

So I retained my 5 yellow cover star-lord duplicate, because he has no levels, no ISO invested, but his TU is useful. I retained my level 1 MBW with 5 blue covers because receiving that all team + extended target stun as a team-up is awesome and all it costs me is a roster slot.

I have asked for my level 70ish KK and IMHBs to be deconstructed, because they were alternate builds with no ISO expense really put into them (KK was a 5/5/3 healer to be used with Ice to activate his nuke with the freezing causing healing, HB was a 3/5/5 battery to power up other more powerful red abilities, like 4Pool, Carnage, 5*s).

So don't tell me how I used my duplicates Mal. I know exactly when and how my duplicates had value.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    That roster spot that your duplicate sits on (the one you probably bought for 1000HP), when they the dupe back to covers. Is that roster spot lost?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    ChuckFan wrote:
    That roster spot that your duplicate sits on (the one you probably bought for 1000HP), when they the dupe back to covers. Is that roster spot lost?

No. You have empty roster slots because part of the process is selling off those characters. Which is super annoying when opening tokens and 1*s and 2*s get auto recruited

1st world problems.
  • Buret0
    madok wrote:
    ChuckFan wrote:

No. You have empty roster slots because part of the process is selling off those characters. Which is super annoying when opening tokens and 1*s and 2*s get auto recruited

1st world problems.

Yup. I went to do the 1* DPD and I was like, "Yelena and Venom? What are you doing here?"