Before I sell my now useless duplicates...

Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is there going to be any increased compensation?

We expended a ton of resources creating max level duplicates in order to get multiple cover configurations, now the only benefit to a duplicate is to substitute one for the other when one is injured or downed. Not really worth the 366,107 ISO we spent to take a second 4* to cap (plus the 13,000 ISO opportunity cost of using those covers instead of selling them). Currently I can sell my dupe for 49,000 ISO and 0 HP. That's only a shortfall of 330,107 ISO. Not like anyone could use 330,107 ISO in this market, which is completely flush with ISO and no one is complaining of being perpetually short.

Comments

• Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:

We expended a ton of resources creating max level duplicates in order to get multiple cover configurations, now the only benefit to a duplicate is to substitute one for the other when one is injured or downed. Not really worth the 366,107 ISO we spent to take a second 4* to cap.
    If they are max level, exchanging one cover and the ISO needed for a Legendary Token might be a plan?
    (I mean, I understand what you're asking and why and you are probably justified in asking so my suggestion isn't meant as an answer to your question but a suggestion on what you could do before selling the dupes)
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Not that this really helps, or there is an answer(yet):

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=37693
  • Buret0
    edited January 2016
    Buret0 wrote:

We expended a ton of resources creating max level duplicates in order to get multiple cover configurations, now the only benefit to a duplicate is to substitute one for the other when one is injured or downed. Not really worth the 366,107 ISO we spent to take a second 4* to cap.
    If they are max level, exchanging one cover and the ISO needed for a Legendary Token might be a plan?
    (I mean, I understand what you're asking and why and you are probably justified in asking so my suggestion isn't meant as an answer to your question but a suggestion on what you could do before selling the dupes)

For example, I have a level 270 and a level 269 Jean Grey. My 270 Jean Grey is 5/3/5, my 269 is 5/5/3. I no longer need the option, because I am sitting on a Jean Grey from the legendary token I got from the Fury fight today. However, I'm only sitting on 5,812 ISO, having spent a bunch on making champions. The fact that I am 0/29 in 5* legendary tokens since turning off in app purchases (when I was averaging about 30% when I made frequent purchases, even when it was only 5% chance) is a conspiracy theory for another day.

What I've got is two maxed (I can spend the iso on the last level if need be, I just like to be able to quickly tell the difference between the two) Jean Greys. If one is a champion (with the cover I have), I can change the cover configuration whenever I want and no longer have a need of this very expensive duplicate.

I'm wondering if they are going to offer an increased buy-back on max covered, max leveled duplicates since they have just made them a huge waste of resources and roster spots. (with the exception of the single cover duplicates for alliance covers, like MBW or Star Lord)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Per that thread, I actually went ahead and placed a ticket asking if it is possible. Not holding out a lot of hope but it was worth a shot.

I haven't heard anything back yet.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I sent a ticket for my 2/2/2 JG and 2/3/3 HB and CS is willing to break them up. If you invested any ISO (mine were sitting at level 70), you won't get any additional compensation. Exact quote from the e-mail:

We would be more than happy to help, we can convert the duplicate characters you no longer need to Comic Covers to be used for Champion Levels. Keep in mind we cannot provide any Iso-8 or Hero Points that were used on the character before this conversion, and can only provide the Comic Covers that are currently applied to that character. Would this be acceptable for you?

If so, then in order to proceed we will need you to submit the descriptions of all the duplicate characters that you wish to convert. This includes their full character name, cover spread, and level. (Ex: Magneto (Classic) 5/5/3 lvl 35).
  • madok
    That is awesome. Hopefully they send that response to me too.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone's favorite super whale went from duplicates of nearly everyone to none since championing. I suspect he did not just up and sell them all.
  • Buret0
    woopie wrote:
    I sent a ticket for my 2/2/2 JG and 2/3/3 HB and CS is willing to break them up. If you invested any ISO (mine were sitting at level 70), you won't get any additional compensation. Exact quote from the e-mail:

We would be more than happy to help, we can convert the duplicate characters you no longer need to Comic Covers to be used for Champion Levels. Keep in mind we cannot provide any Iso-8 or Hero Points that were used on the character before this conversion, and can only provide the Comic Covers that are currently applied to that character. Would this be acceptable for you?

If so, then in order to proceed we will need you to submit the descriptions of all the duplicate characters that you wish to convert. This includes their full character name, cover spread, and level. (Ex: Magneto (Classic) 5/5/3 lvl 35).

So I have the option of:

(a) keeping the duplicate;
    (b) getting 13 Jean Grey covers for championing; or
    (c) selling the duplicate for no covers and 49,000 ISO?

Personally, I'm holding out for more. The in world currency value of the ISO to level a 4* is $583.19 ($641.51 with taxes). To negate their value almost completely and then to offer $75.38 worth of ISO if we choose to sell or to get the 13 covers back for championing, but none of the ISO?

When I was spending on this game, I felt good about supporting the game, but getting the ISO to level a single 4* character shouldn't cost more than a new gaming console and the season pass for Fallout 4. Your game is good, but there's a reason I cut back and turned off the in app purchases on my phone.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah my decision was easy because I didn't dump any additional resources into the characters. You could wait and see, but I'd be surprised if they increased sales prices
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for characters not maxed yet, wonder if its acceptable to make dupes then request a deconstruct after the main one is maxed? don't want to play outside the system, just want to know the rules of the system.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Didn't quite understand.

It means that the official answer is that instead of selling our expiring dublicate 4* covers, we recruit them, and when we champion the hero, we send a ticket and take the dublicate covers back?

Sounds like cheating.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they really were useless before champions update then players wouldn't have had them. Most who have duplicates do so for a reason, weather it be for team up sending reasons or so they could continue in battle after the first one was downed or low on health so players could continue battling with another. Maybe a player had 2 of the same character in a different configuration to fill a different role.

Players have had their uses out of duplicate characters already and to be fair asking for those covers back to add to a champion is just plain greedy. The very thing that some of us accuse D3Go! as being.
  • Buret0
    When they nerf a character they offer increased buy back rates. They nerfed duplicates. Seems pretty simple.
  • the question will be for how long will they honor the deconstruction of duplicates. i think its great that theyre doing it now for dupes created before championing went live but are they really going to want to be deconstructing dupes created today going forward maybe 3 months plus down the road so players can use roster slots for covers they cant champion today because the character isnt max level due to insufficient iso today.

theyll need to say something officially.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:

Aww, that's adorable. You're just precious. *squeezes cheeks*
  • madok
    udonomefoo wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:

Aww, that's adorable. You're just precious. *squeezes cheeks*

But sometimes saying nothing at all means so much more. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Buret0 wrote:
    woopie wrote:

So I have the option of:

(a) keeping the duplicate;
    (b) getting 13 Jean Grey covers for championing; or
    (c) selling the duplicate for no covers and 49,000 ISO?

Personally, I'm holding out for more. The in world currency value of the ISO to level a 4* is $583.19 ($641.51 with taxes). To negate their value almost completely and then to offer $75.38 worth of ISO if we choose to sell or to get the 13 covers back for championing, but none of the ISO?

When I was spending on this game, I felt good about supporting the game, but getting the ISO to level a single 4* character shouldn't cost more than a new gaming console and the season pass for Fallout 4. Your game is good, but there's a reason I cut back and turned off the in app purchases on my phone.

It's silly for people to convert their iso investments in characters into real world dollars by comparing to it to what it costs to purchase iso. Those iso purchase costs are for maniacs, mega whales and not really meant to be purchased by anyone without mountains of disposable income. Your iso investment is not worth 600 dollars.

I'd take your 13 covers for championing and be happy, I'm a little surprised they're even doing this. I sincerely doubt they'll do even more.
  • If I count all the iso and hp I've earned in the game to date, I wonder what that works out to an $/hr earning for time spent in game... hrm.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't quite understand.

It means that the official answer is that instead of selling our expiring dublicate 4* covers, we recruit them, and when we champion the hero, we send a ticket and take the dublicate covers back?

Sounds like cheating.

it's obviously not cheating since Customer Service is willing to do it while knowing exactly and explicitly why we are doing it. Lol.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    If they really were useless before champions update then players wouldn't have had them. Most who have duplicates do so for a reason, weather it be for team up sending reasons or so they could continue in battle after the first one was downed or low on health so players could continue battling with another. Maybe a player had 2 of the same character in a different configuration to fill a different role.

Players have had their uses out of duplicate characters already and to be fair asking for those covers back to add to a champion is just plain greedy. The very thing that some of us accuse D3Go! as being.

They weren't useless before the Champions update, but if CS/Demiurge is willing to allow you to break up dupes to feed to Champions, I don't see a problem. Before the Champions update, you were paying the HP for the roster slot and if you leveled them, you were putting in ISO. Based on one person's experience, that CS is willing to break up a dupe to return the covers, but not the ISO, then the fault doesn't lie with the person benefiting from what CS/Demiurge is allowing you to do. If CS/Demiurge wasn't willing to return the covers, then asking for them to be returned would be greedy. Since CS/Demiurge are setting the rules, there is no greed in accepting their terms.

As someone with multiple dupes, I know what I was getting into by building, leveling, keeping dupes. That is a sunk cost. The greed would come in, if I was wanting something more than the what CS/Demiurge was willing to dish out. If they're willing to break them up, you can't fault me for accepting it. Personally though, I won't be dismantling any dupes for covers. I will respec my dupes, and level them to a usable state, even if I have that character championed. The bottlenecks in the game are healthpacks and ISO. The person that can overcome those, has the upper hand. You either pay for the healthpacks/ISO, work for the ISO, or find other ways to get around them.