I love re-specing!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As you all know, once you champion a character you can re-spect them, but I am not sure if this has been said, you can re-spec any colors! For instance, you no longer have to chase IF's purpleflag.png , you can just obtain 13 covers (5/3/5), max level and champion and respec him with 5 purple!

I just thought it was awesome as I champed Groot and could switch him to 5 yellow even though I never had 5 yellow. Plus I can give Groot 5 green but if he's near dead by the end of match, I can start him next match with 5 Yellow. Awesome, freaking awesome. Imagine if we had championing over a year ago! icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes this is a positive post from Punisher, for once icon_lol.gif

commandpoints.pngEnjoy, grind, drink wine commandpoints.png

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was mentioned when the champion system was announced, but it's definitely an awesome feature. So many characters you want to respec, so little ISO...
  • Punisher5784
    Quebbster wrote:
    It was mentioned when the champion system was announced, but it's definitely an awesome feature. So many characters you want to respec, so little ISO...

I know! I went from 400k Iso, that I was saving for potential 4*'s and down to 100k after lvling some 3*'s to 166 and championing 2/3* characters. It makes me regret all those weeks I didn't bother with DDQ because I didn't need the cover.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's great! I championed my KK just to respec her. I couldn't get more green covers for the life of me, but now I have her at 3/5/5 and can swap her around at will.

Just hope people forget to do this before their PVP fights so I can have a little bit of an edge... icon_twisted.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    As you all know, once you champion a character you can re-spect them, but I am not sure if this has been said, you can re-spec any colors! For instance, you no longer have to chase IF's purpleflag.png , you can just obtain 13 covers (5/3/5), max level and champion and respec him with 5 purple!

Without meaning to sound flippant...what else would respeccing mean if not being able to choose how many covers are in certain abilities?
  • Punisher5784

Without meaning to sound flippant...what else would respeccing mean if not being able to choose how many covers are in certain abilities?

Many players, including myself, asked if we had to have the particular color in the cache to re-spec appropriately. Meaning if I had a IF 5/3/5 and I pull another Black to champion him, do I still need to pull two purple to re-spec him 3/5/5. Don't spoil my mood icon_lol.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I also love it. So much to experiment! Using a 3/5/5/ 3* Daken for DDQ this morning was awesome.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The point is, you don't need to actually earn all 15 covers.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Many players, including myself, asked if we had to have the particular color in the cache to re-spec appropriately. Meaning if I had a IF 5/3/5 and I pull another Black to champion him, do I still need to pull two purple to re-spec him 3/5/5. Don't spoil my mood icon_lol.gif

Ah, so you thought you'd needed to have at some point given the character 5 of every cover?

That would be a weirdly obtuse way of doing it, I gotta say. I'm not sure why you'd think they'd force you to do it that way, that'd just be mean =P
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure why you'd think they'd force you to do it that way, that'd just be mean =P
    Yeah, it'd be almost as mean as telling us "you can't buy covers with HP as of tomorrow", or doing a stealth nerf of the one combo that made PvE bearable. Yeah, why the **** would we ever expect something like that?
  • Punisher5784

Ah, so you thought you'd needed to have at some point given the character 5 of every cover?

That would be a weirdly obtuse way of doing it, I gotta say. I'm not sure why you'd think they'd force you to do it that way, that'd just be mean =P

To be fair, I am use to MPQ being mean to me icon_e_wink.gif
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    I also love it. So much to experiment! Using a 3/5/5/ 3* Daken for DDQ this morning was awesome.

Take the Re-Spec Challenge!

[...]
    4/4/5 IM40

XD
    Had that one already, awaiting the buff if it ever happened. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:

Take the Re-Spec Challenge!

5/4/4 Steve Rogers
    5/4/4 Squirrel Girl
    5/5/3 Patch
    5/3/5 Vision
    5/5/3 Black Panther
    4/5/4 Cyclops
    4/4/5 IM40

XD

Lol, that sounds like a terrible idea. 3/5/5 blade and daken with 5/5/3 IF was really fun though.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Word up, OP. Nothing beats moving colors around to minimize the overlap when two great characters share colors. I enjoyed moving Deadpool's whales down when running him with Jean Grey in the Doom event, then being able to freely move them back when I changed team composition. Be-frickin'-eautiful!
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I like the idea of swapping Rocket & Groot to 5 Yellow to start a fight when their health is low.

Another suggested swap is Scarlet Witch, using her greenflag.png to 5 allows her to destroy goon countdown tiles.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of the awesome 3* champions that you can respec to alternate builds

1) Cage. Change him to 535 for max offence. Change back to red if you want max red def tile.

2) KK. Change to 535 for max heal. Change to 355for max offence.

3) blade. Change to 535 if you want max ap drain. Change to 355 for max attack tile offence.

4) 3* cyc. 535 for beat standalone build. Change to 355 if you are using him as a red ap generator.

5) CM. 535 if you want to destroy all defence tiles. 355 for best ap generator

6) Shulk. You can choose any of her build!

7) Hood. 553 as default. 355 when you pair him up with KP to accelerate all CD tile.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    Word up, OP. Nothing beats moving colors around to minimize the overlap when two great characters share colors. I enjoyed moving Deadpool's whales down when running him with Jean Grey in the Doom event, then being able to freely move them back when I changed team composition. Be-frickin'-eautiful!

Just remember to change it back before sending team ups!
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Yup, I've been reshuffling Grocket a lot in the EotS PvE. 5 green for max offense, back to 5 yellow when health is low.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I've been switching around KK and cMags. Originally, I maxed them both in yellow, which I like, but sometimes, the typical builds are much, much better.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    So awesome.

Tested it right away after making my first champ.

Seemed to good to be true.

Now how many months until it sinks in that I can do this? icon_lol.gif

Need a message on the "FIGHT" screen:

Hey Stupid, did you remember to re-spec?

And check the AI TU???

Better back it up and look, Bud!

I respec my Hood to 355 so that I have 5 black to use on KP cd tiles.

A few games later I brought my typical Sims team Jeanbuster + Hood. I used Hood yellow and it did less than 1000 dmg!

Was so shocked until I realised I didn't respec him back..

icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

To emphasize the usefulness of champion respeccing.. . I have a championed Moonie that I've used for both pvp and pve. For pve, 3 red is ideal because you need her to move/steal hand tiles. For pvp, her red is most useful of the bunch and 5 red is essential.