Advice on CMags/Loki/Doom fight?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This is the tinykittiest fight of all the tinykitty fights I've seen to date in MPQ. The broken nature of CMags red really shines through here, crippling much of my party before even Spidey can get going.

Any advice? I'm guessing Hulk is prolly part of the solution, or Skully.

Comments

• Mags red when not buffed is not overpowered
  • This 1/2 feels like a troll thread.
    If it isn't I would say take out doom 1st then mags then Loki.
    Bring someone along who can take out dooms tiles if he gets em off.
    You need to watch for mags pink going off on you. Black/pink is really all they got going.
    Hulk / OBW / Dakken will rock their world. If you use this combo take out mags 1st. Dakken will downsize doom.
  • buckfanana wrote:
    Mags red when not buffed is not overpowered

A 2-pt cost potential cascade causer that doesn't turn end? Sorry, broken.

regardless, not my question.
  • This 1/2 feels like a troll thread.
    You need to watch for mags pink going off on you. Black/pink is really all they got going.
    Hulk / OBW / Dakken will rock their world. If you use this combo take out mags 1st. Dakken will downsize doom.

I've been wiping Mags first. Doom has caught me three times late... demons at L230 are not fun.

Loki has mopped me another two times as the only one left with critical results from Illusions. At least the RNG is laughing.

I'll swap order and try that.
  • qtquazar wrote:
    This 1/2 feels like a troll thread.

I've been wiping Mags first. Doom has caught me three times late... demons at L230 are not fun.

Loki has mopped me another two times as the only one left with critical results from Illusions. At least the RNG is laughing.

I'll swap order and try that.

Yeah doom is your biggest threat IMO.
    Mags has the 1 high damage move that could wipe 1 cover. If dooms demons go unchecked there goes your team.
  • It's definitely one of the harder fights. Spidey/OBW/Someone with Purple/Blue boost is probably your best bet, start stunning when Mag hits enough blue to throw protect tiles up. If you have a high level IM40, try Spidey/IM40/Someone instead, so IM40 can tank while collecting blue and you won't need to worry as much about cascades.
  • I guess I'm spoiled by Spidey/Hulk/GSBW. I find this battle pretty trivial.
  • I start with Loki - Illusions generate AP and he often gets enough AP to use them every turn, also making cascades.
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I guess I'm spoiled by Spidey/Hulk/GSBW. I find this battle pretty trivial.
    I wouldn't say it's the hardest battle, even though I don't have them.
  • I start with Loki - Illusions generate AP and he often gets enough AP to use them every turn, also making cascades.
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I guess I'm spoiled by Spidey/Hulk/GSBW. I find this battle pretty trivial.
    I wouldn't say it's the hardest battle, even though I don't have them.

It's the hardest battle for this grouping besides getting horrible boards vs. 3 minion teams. It's not THAT bad though. Overall, this sub had the weakest difficulty overall, even if the other ones had a few really trivial fights (2 minion+xforce or demonlition team for example). I wish there were more demolition teams...they are so awful.
  • I used Hulk/Daken/Hood. Daken shuts down Doom and Hood shuts down Mags.
  • I used Hulk/Daken/Hood. Daken shuts down Doom and Hood shuts down Mags.

So same strat I had except hood doing what OBW was doing. I don't have my Dakken levelled though so I been doing hulk spidey hood. Just save up to like 28 red and 20some green and have at it with hulks red. Lol. Takes forever and takes a lot if blue.
  • I used spidey/im 40/patch

I'm recharge to get blues for spidey stun and strike tiles from patch....run off a couple of unibeams and you're good.

I went Loki -> Mags -> Doom

If I didn't get yellow/blues towards the beginning, I was pretty screwed LoL
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used spidey/im 40/patch

I'm recharge to get blues for spidey stun and strike tiles from patch....run off a couple of unibeams and you're good.

You kill Loki first? I usually don't even kill Loki. I just wipe out the other two and shoo him away. "Now Now Loki, you do realize you suck too badly to be part of this team right? Right? What did we learn? That's right come back when you get a 3rd cover... Or stay home till you get a gimmic partner like Patch to come out and play. Really, you are just embarrassing yourself. Loki, how does it make you feel when you get into a fight and try to hit your black ability only to realize that there are no strike tiles and that you aren't allowed to use it? Feels like a Roth IRA doesn't it? Go home Loki."
  • I used spidey/im 40/patch

Exact lineup I ran for this round. Can't wait for this thing to be over. My bracket was top 5 heavy with top guy about 216k and top 5 about 2 to 6k of each other. But from there its about a 40k gap to #10 so i think I pretty much secured top 10. Even just playing mainly high pt missions and a single pass through the rest, I have never died so often in a PVE event. More than half came at the hands of lvl230 maggia or hammer goons sadly.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto is the threat for me. Doom needs too much black - stick an AP stealer in there like Hood, OBW or MBW and he's toast. Loki is just annoying.

Your other option with Doom is red denial. Go with GSBW, Daken and Hulk. All that green will have Daken marking up all the tiles as strikes so Doom can get at most one or two demons out. If loki converts the strikes to shields it uses up dooms black anyhow, and hulk/gsbw can reset the entire board pretty quickly.
  • You must deny the red because if Magneto has enough red he can eventually get some kind of crazy cascade and wipe the floor with you, and at 2 AP he's got a lot of chances to try that if you didn't deny the red. Purple is another dangerous color since Magnetic Translocation will probably kill you and even if they used Illusion instead, if it hits any red tiles you will lead to cascades later.

So far I've the best success with OBW/Spiderman/Patch, and the strategy I used is not always the same. The simplest way is to collect about 20 blue and then just stun away. If the AI doesn't cooperate I just Berserker Rage and double dip on OBW's strike tiles, and hope the computer will match enviornmental tiles.
  • Thanks for the discussion, all. Much appreciated. This tourney has been fairly straightforward for me--really enjoyed it at the start--but this round is giving me trouble --a lot of matches lost near the end to RNG/cascades.

Way too much grinding on this tourney for a work week, anyway, and Valentine's day to boot (apparently, a lot of people spent it with OBW).

I'll take my top 50 and sit the rest out.

Cheers.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Don't give up yet, I did just fine with 1-3-2 Spidey, 5-5-3 mStorm, 1-0-1 Hulk. I took Magneto out first because he has the cheapest ability. Right after a Technopathic strike from unstunned Doom Magneto managed to get enough purple to take out my Hulk, though. If I were a bit more lucky with blue, could have continued with Hulk. The strategy is to stun Doom when the enemy has enough black so that Loki uses Trickery instead (if there are no protect/strike tiles of yours, match purple or use Latverian env. **** that gives you 3x 3 strike tiles). Same with purple, ideally you should stun Magneto so that Loki wastes all the purple on Illusions.
    I took out Doom after Magneto, Loki was safely killed last, I wasn't perma-stunning any of them, although Doom did spend most of the round stunned. It took some time with just Storm and Spidey, but nothing unbearable. My oBW-lvl 15 Punisher match against pre-nerf Wolverine was much longer lol.
  • I am using the old spidey/venom combined with osbw. Keeping check of the opponnents reserve to see if I devour mags or doom first. Loki gets a stun from me occassionaly and I shut down mags first and doom when they got a pool of blue and black increasing.
  • I'm fairly new, so I don't have the best covers but I have found that Cstorm/Daken/Captain America can do the trick. I go after Magneto first just because his red is annoying and his pink will pretty much kill anyone in one shot. Giving yourself some blue stockpile also helps with Cstorms stun early. Because you have daken, many of the reds will be taken over with his tiles so they won't turn in to demons.

I find that Cstorm is usually dead shortly after I kill magneto for one reason or another, but after that dakken & cap do the rest of the work.

I actually wish my Thor had a higher level yellow ability because that would help even more to lock down the red tiles with daken's passive. I would use him instead of Captain America.