The new Soft Cap

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Remember how they wanted nobody to soft cap? They created a new one, by mistake I presume.

So all your newly championed characters now do less damage than they did before championing right? Why? Because after you championed them they are now mid-level and not max. The update said that mid-level will now do less damage than before. Well done you have just nerfed your characters.

So the solution? Don't champion characters unless you have the appropriate amount of covers to champion max them. previous max level cap is now the soft cap.

The ONLY reason that I am even posting this is in the hope that a dev reads it and realises that nobody wants a character that was worse than before especially when you just paid iso to make them better and so we will all not be Championing characters.

EDIT: The power levels for characters at their max are the same before and after championing them (without adding more levels that is) However : Characters not at their max are being reported as doing less damage than previously at the exact same level.

Apologies for any misinformation

Further Edit: The difference in damage is now known to be due to boosting differences and not base level differences

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Can you give some examples with stats? I haven't championed anyone yet.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do they even playtest any of these features before launching them, having people pay extra to get a worse character is idiotic, at worst a 2* champion should have the power of a maxed 2* when unlocked and improve from that point.
  • Remember how they wanted nobody to soft cap? They created a new one, by mistake I presume.

So all your newly championed characters now do less damage than they did before championing right? Why? Because after you championed them they are now mid-level and not max. The update said that mid-level will now do less damage than before. Well done you have just nerfed your characters.

So the solution? Don't champion characters unless you have the appropriate amount of covers to champion max them. previous max level cap is now the soft cap.

The ONLY reason that I am even posting this is in the hope that a dev reads it and realises that nobody wants a character that was worse than before especially when you just paid iso to make them better and so we will all not be Championing characters.

Actually they don't. Just checked the Stats on my Deadpool 3* with 4 champion levels. All of his color power strengths have increased by 1, and all of his damage moves have also increased.

Check the stats before you assume. The update you speak of was to pre-championed characters.

-Nick
  • OneLastGambit
    Nicurry wrote:
    Remember how they wanted nobody to soft cap? They created a new one, by mistake I presume.

Actually they don't. Just check the Stats on my Deadpool 3* with 4 champion levels. All of his color power strengths have increased by 1, and all of his damages move have also increased.

Check the stats before you assume. The update you speak of was to pre-championed characters.

-Nick

My mistake, after checking OBW and MNMags (my only champs) Nick is indeed correct, both of them are better than before. Though strangely my un-championed 3* Steve does very slightly less on a shield throw than before
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nicurry wrote:
    Actually they don't. Just checked the Stats on my Deadpool 3* with 4 champion levels. All of his color power strengths have increased by 1, and all of his damage moves have also increased.

Maybe he was referring to powers rather than match damage.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    Nicurry wrote:

Actually they don't. Just check the Stats on my Deadpool 3* with 4 champion levels. All of his color power strengths have increased by 1, and all of his damages move have also increased.

My mistake, after checking OBW and MNMags (my only champs) Nick is indeed correct, both of them are better than before. Though strangely my un-championed 3* Steve does very slightly less on a shield throw than before

Thats interesting, along with the buffing issues. @Crowl I cited both match and power damage increases.

-Nick
  • OneLastGambit
    Crowl wrote:
    Nicurry wrote:

I was referring to powers, but like I said both OBW and MnMags both do more damage on powers after being championed. If anyone can confirm a 3* that does the same.

Nick?
  • Crowl wrote:
    Nicurry wrote:

I was referring to powers, but like I said both OBW and MnMags both do more damage on powers after being championed. If anyone can confirm a 3* that does the same.

Nick?

All of my 2* and 3* Characters that I've championed do the same damage or more post-champion. Can not confirm if damage levels are lower for normal 94/166 characters, as all my max 2* and 3* characters have been championed.. icon_e_smile.gif

-Nick
  • OneLastGambit
    Nicurry wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Nicurry wrote:

Nick?

All of my 2* and 3* Characters that I've championed do the same damage or more post-champion. Can not confirm if damage levels are lower for normal 94/166 characters, as all my max 2* and 3* characters have been championed.. icon_e_smile.gif

-Nick

Compare them with the character profile on the forum, it tells you their max damage levels. Or post their champ stats on here and I'll compare
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just compared blade pre- and post-Championing and his stats are all exactly the same, and also match his listed stats from the character forum.
  • OneLastGambit
    I just compared blade pre- and post-Championing and his stats are all exactly the same, and also match his listed stats from the character forum.

Thanks Crooked Knight. My apologies people for leading you all on a wild goose chase, though my Steve definitely does 52 less damage on a shield throw than he did before, he is however only lvl140 so perhaps that is now considered to be mid-level and so he does less damage.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please update the first post. Lots of people only read that and right now is spreading misinformation that will make people angry unnecessarily.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if it's a bug or not, but some have gone down. I know for sure my HT red power is doing less damage and an alliance-mate is saying that Ares is also doing less damage. Perhaps some of these are indeed coded differently than others (i.e. % of max as opposed to a lookup table kind of thing). Also my HT wasn't even championed so it looks more like a direct change to the characters themselves.
  • OneLastGambit
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Please update the first post. Lots of people only read that and right now is spreading misinformation that will make people angry unnecessarily.

Done
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    Not sure if it's a bug or not, but some have gone down. I know for sure my HT red power is doing less damage and an alliance-mate is saying that Ares is also doing less damage. Perhaps some of these are indeed coded differently than others (i.e. % of max as opposed to a lookup table kind of thing). Also my HT wasn't even championed so it looks more like a direct change to the characters themselves.

My level 171 5/3/5 HT has the following listed stats:

redtile.png 80
    blacktile.png 71
    greentile.png 62

Fireball: 3429 damage
    Inferno: 158 power attack tiles
    Flame Jet: 276 damage/AP (2480 max)

All of those figures are equal to or higher than his pre-update figures for level 166, as listed in the wiki. So this only affects levels beyond the original cap.
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    mohio wrote:

My level 171 5/3/5 HT has the following listed stats:

redtile.png 80
    blacktile.png 71
    greentile.png 62

Fireball: 3429 damage
    Inferno: 158 power attack tiles
    Flame Jet: 276 damage/AP (2480 max)

All of those figures are equal to or higher than his pre-update figures for level 166, as listed in the wiki. So this only affects levels beyond the original cap.

The reduction is in the boosted values. Championing went live in the middle of my PvE grind and my HT,BP, and Colossus all had a 25%+ reduction in damage immedietely. I think at 166 the damage is the same but they reduced the amount it scales up when boosted.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Health for my 2*s boosted to 150(+) has definitely been lowered. Before the update, OBW was at around 5k health right at level 150. Now at level 161 she has 4.6k health. The same for 2* Storm who seems to have less health around level 150 than she did before.
    I'm not sure on the match/ability damage, they feel decently the same. At level 94 they're definitely the same. I just know that boosted they feel a lot more squishy than before the update.
  • I thought this thread was going to be about this, for some reason...

FU5588lg.jpg
  • OneLastGambit
    colwag wrote:
    I thought this thread was going to be about this, for some reason...

FU5588lg.jpg

It's not... but it dam should have been! That is awesome!
  • I haven't championed any characters yet, but ALL of the stats on my pre-champion maxed characters are nerfed icon_e_sad.gif it certainly doesn't make me want to put more into this game. Especially when it's combined with having issues with passive abilities not triggering on some other covers. Boo.