For everyone who said they never give us anything...

2»

Comments

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    6 lts, 1 oml and 1 phoenix, plus a much needed hb, though kinda spoiled by my 3rd consecutive Elektra draw and a useless xfw cos he's only 229. Still, getting 2 5*s back to back after 15 previous draws without one is superb enough

Now if only those tokens will give me that damn iceman which has been missing from my roster since forever
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I think I might be having a stroke… a post about the new feature and no comments about how **** it is, how D3 are a bunch of buffoons, threats of quitting, or the like? Truly a momentous day...
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Dwarfsteel wrote:
    I think I might be having a stroke… a post about the new feature and no comments about how **** it is, how D3 are a bunch of buffoons, threats of quitting, or the like? Truly a momentous day...

Other than some issues with some scaling and damage, which may or may not be bugs... Seems like its going pretty well so far! Everybody is stoked at the legendary's they are cracking to care too much yet!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I championed 29 characters today. Hoarded ISO and tokens, missed to maxed 3*'s having tokens somehow.

It was the greatest day I have ever had, or ever will have, in this game.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I got my 10th X-Force Wolverine from my seasonal heroic 10-pack and since he's only level 170 I had to sell it.
    And then I spent my saved up CP on legendaries and got my 11th X-Force Wolvie yellow. Also my 6th Elektra black now.

Still, I got my first red Hulkbuster, so AT LAST he's useful. My Elektra now has 13 covers, making her my fourth 4* with max covers. Got a red red hulk, a fifth purple Ice Man. Lotsa good stuff.

Now is going to be the tricky time of gathering ISO to spend on championing characters I get 3* rewards for. I pounced on Kamala and Luke Cage straight away simply because they're good in different builds. Plus I had a kamala cover already and lucked into a Luke Cage cover as I was opening my saved tokens. Got him from a standard token, would you believe.

Also suddenly 2* Storm is incredibly hard to come by. Who knew?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love it so much I blew my 1.4m iso stash championing all 2*s including Bags, maxed out 38 3*s and championed 37, then stuffed in covers until I got 35 LTs which I'm going to save for now, maybe to open next season or when I can max out a 4* or 2. So broke now. Need more iso!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    D3 has totally slapped me in the mouth. This is the first time I've actually felt hopeful about building my roster and transitioning to 4* land. I was highly skeptical of the Championing before it went live, but now, I have nothing to say but WOW. i only Championed three today, but each LT got me someone I needed. I got an IW yellow (now 9 covers), LThor red (now 8 covers), and Ghost Rider green (second Rider in two days). I also discovered a new appreciation for PVE in order to get more ISO and Champion more characters. All in all, an AWESOME added feature!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dwarfsteel wrote:

It wouldn't be fair to complain about the feature yet, it hasn't been around for 24 hours, so there are no obvious flaws aside from the ISO shortage, but thats nothing new to this game.

So it's some covers and some invested iso back.

We'll see more when they can fix the scaling. We can't tell for a few months what the long term effects on anything are because covers also haven't gotten anymore common.
    Most changes just obviously effected a few sides of the game, this one will take a sec because it seems like it will effect a good chunk of things, good or bad is left to see.

iso8big.png change in the pipeline doesn't seem unlikely.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Dwarfsteel wrote:

It wouldn't be fair to complain about the feature yet, it hasn't been around for 24 hours, so there are no obvious flaws aside from the ISO shortage, but thats nothing new to this game.

We'll see more when they can fix the scaling. We can't tell for a few months what the long term effects on anything are because covers also haven't gotten anymore common.
    Most changes just obviously effected a few sides of the game, this one will take a sec because it seems like it will effect a good chunk of things, good or bad is left to see.

The "newness" of a feature never stopped the complaining before. Seems within minutes of anything new being announced there's a plethora of threads/comments bashing it, the competency of D3, how the game is ruined, how they're going to quit if it's implemented, etc etc.

Look back at when this feature was announced. There was maybe one positive comment for every ten negative ones. Now it's launched and (other than some power adjustment/scaling concerns) it's being received with open arms.

Just find it amusing that so many are ready to jump down D3 's throats and cry of some grand conspiracy to screw the playerbase when there's talk of a change.

Sure the long term effect of this remains to be seen and I'm certain some adjustments will be made, but I'm confident it will be done in the best interest of the game and "most" of the players who play it as intended.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dwarfsteel wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Dwarfsteel wrote:

The "newness" of a feature never stopped the complaining before. Seems within minutes of anything new being announced there's a plethora of threads/comments bashing it, the competency of D3, how the game is ruined, how they're going to quit if it's implemented, etc etc.

Look back at when this feature was announced. There was maybe one positive comment for every ten negative ones. Now it's launched and (other than some power adjustment/scaling concerns) it's being received with open arms.

Just find it amusing that so many are ready to jump down D3 's throats and cry of some grand conspiracy to screw the playerbase when there's talk of a change.

Sure the long term effect of this remains to be seen and I'm certain some adjustments will be made, but I'm confident it will be done in the best interest of the game and "most" of the players who play it as intended.

Think of the things with the biggest backlash.

The one thread about a glittery winning screen didn't seem nearly as valid as say, galactus run 1 where within an hour everyone could tell it was ****.

The one lone thread about someone not understanding how random draws works? thats just one person complaining.

You don't really find it amusing, you hold a bias just like they seem to (hell we all do) . People tend not to report things when they are positive. If the forums were flooded ever day with how good iron fist was, that'd be nice, but silly.

When currency is threatened to be changed, or Xforce etc being nerfed, true healing disappearing, a tier more powerful then anything else in game by LEAPS AND BOUNDS, the pack re draws(which technically hasn't been addressed, but I'm not in a place to fight that battle), there was outcry because as said those changes were immediate and obvious. usually made WAY more dramatic with a lack of dev input.

It's not so much being received with open arms, it's being received. No on has the iso or covers of 3,4 and 5's to see if this will adversely effect the games future meta, or if the scaling differences become dramatically more impactful at higher levels.

I can't think of a soul willing to
    A- get so many covers of any given character
    B- Actually pay the ridiculous ISO costs of fully leveling everything,

Your opinion is valid, if it's always positive, thats great, others input isn't less valuable because it isn't positive, and i've never understood that sentiment, especially when you expect things to change for the better. it just takes a shift of perspective.

From my perspective, a drought of rewards for things that didn't give rewards is going to have everyone temporarily thrilled. The luster will go.

Give it a few days, you'll see relevant and backed up complaints and entirely irrelevant and unbacked complaints.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I've championed 4 3*s so far based on tokens I had (Doom, Cage, Fist, Pun) and from those LTs I got:

greenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

blackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
    blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png
    yellowflag.pngicon_thing.png

All of these very much needed. Now I just need ISO to champion the 20 other 3* I have maxed icon_lol.gif

Kidding aside, this is actually the easiest way I have gotten 4/5 stars and I think this is an awesome boost to those who are early in the 4* transition.
  • I'm also surprised to see the ISO rewards. It looks like for 3* you make a net gain.
    Each 3* cover is worth 500 ISO, and the rewards go non-ISO, 500, 500, 1000 repeating for a while, so you lose 500 ISO, are down 500, down 500, then break even. Rince and repeat.

Eventually the 1000 ISO changes to 1500 so you start to gain. And towards the end every other reward is 1500, so the gain goes up by 1000 per cover. Then it jumps *again* to 2000 so you start to gain 1500.

By the end you'll have more ISO than you would if you'd just sold them all.
    Maybe D3's trying to stop being so stingey now. If so, yay for that!

Not only this but as i said in another thread, what happens when you add the value of the champion actually going up a level. imagine how much iso it would have cost if they had just upped the level cap?!
  • Between the championing, CP rewards, PvP, and DDQ4 I opened 22 LTs in the past 24 hours. Got the OML Yellow I have been wanting forever, four 4*s that I was planning on buying with HP over the coming week, two 4* champ levels, and a couple other usable 4* covers.

My 5* draw rate is still below 10% (one of my last 50), but overall I'm very pleased.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I championed all my maxed heroes who had spare covers sitting in the queue, and then I sold all my rare covers that I didn't feel I'd be able to max out and champion in time. Opened all 350+ plain tokens so I'd have enough ISO to do the trick. Won two SSs, so not too shabby. One or two more SSs, and he could be the permanent teammate to my OML.

Now, to get to work, maxing out all my 2*s, 3*s and 4*s! Even IW finally deserves some love!

I'll probably hoard my ISO now, waiting to have enough to max someone in one shot, so that way I'm not just piddling here and there, going nowhere fast. For the most part, my characters are pretty much good enough to hold their own in pvp, so there's no one I need to rush to level up. We'll see.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Genuinely surprised and pleased with the Championing thing. I think it’s a decent addition adding a new dimension to the game and stretching out current play while looking for much needed covers.

The ledge tokens I got for championing them at the first stage was really cool and something I wasn’t expecting at all. Out of the 8 or 9 I levelled I think I got one repeat for something I didn’t require. No 5 stars but seeing as I am barely into 4 star land I don’t mind at all.

Thanks for this addition I think its on the whole positive.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    kalex716 wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    Yup, 2 5*'s out of my 5 3* champions. My first OML yellow and SS black (the two I was looking for).

You should go post this in one of those "WHO ELSE IS SUPER DUPER UNLUCKY AND ON THE **** SIDE OF RNG" threads. It will cheer them up to know its all worked out fine for at least someone...

Yeah, they're known as a cheerful bunch that wishes well on those with better luck than them.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    After all the drama and concerns with the patch (mainly about the removal of hp=covers), this patch has been a huge success IMHO.

You've managed to breath new life into the "daily grind". I was genuinely excited to get a star.pngstar.pngblackflag.pngicon_blackwidow.png cover from a simulation fight because it allowed me to push her to 99 icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm loving the new changes, and can see why the removal of HP was done.

My only concern is that ISO seems to be even more of an issue (for everyone in my alliance). Personally, I have 13 days to raise over 100k ISO or I'll lose the chance to champion my Nick Fury with a level I got from _another_ token_legendary.png from another character.

The initial cascades of LT into Champion into LT was epic fun this morning.

Overall one of the best changes introduced to date.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously, between cashing in all my tokens and CP, making champions and hitting the top progression in PVE, I added twenty 4* covers and one 5* yesterday. Not even opening my first unusable LT could diminish my joy. It's like a late Christmas morning!

And I'm sorry to all the people who lost their winfinite combo, but I'm very happy to have kept PX down in the 150s.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    All my queued covers are now multiple covers for Deadpool, Doom, Groot and Daken, who I have at 140-150, I swear they're trying to make me buy ISO on purpose, I WILL NOT CAVE.

Sacrifices will have to be made, already given up on Deadpool and sold the covers, somehow have 2 weeks to max the other 3 to use the 14 covers I have, meaning about 130k ISO, not likely!