Gotta question this CP thing

2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    I'm sure they're not un-intelligent, but their lack of communication re: just about everything is not smart. Where is the harm in getting feedback from your userbase ahead of time rather than dropping bombshells on them and having to backtrack?

It's entirely possible these changes will be well received, but there is a lot of anxiety among players who have a lot of time (and, for some, money) invested in this game which could easily be resolved by telling us what's going on.

For example--what are the progression rewards for adding champion levels?? What will HP's be used for in the future? How else can folks get CP's? Answers to some basic questions could satiate so many fears...

I think the devs are trapped in that nervous mindset of being afraid to confirm features before they're ready.
    It's good to be cautious, you don't want to say "We're releasing a new feature in February, it'll mean you'll get 1 CP for every 2* character you defeat, 2 CP for a 3* and 3CP for a 4*. We're also going to allow you to buy packs with CP" and then when February rolls around they've changed the feature completely earning the ire of the boards.

That said...this is why you announce things with wriggle room. You manage expectations. Instead of announcing something amazing and massive a month or two before it goes live, they tinker in the background and drop it on us with little notice. The exact opposite approach.

Instead they could be working with the community. Give a basic outline of what you're planning and keep talking. Don't drop an announcement and then let the rumour mill control the course of the discussion. If you're worried about peoples expectations growing beyond the scope of the project, then keep everyone's expectations in check. Don't allow that to happen. This is what community managers are for, surely?
  • Right. I like that they are able to respond to backlash. They did well revamping Galactus for round two. They did well making sure there were two runs of Venom Bomb to make sure everyone had a shot at trying out the new PVE. Some people can say that they should have ran two events with venom as the reward but that's reaching for more than they'd ever give anyway.

They are now giving us a flood of Championing information the day after they claimed Soon™. They are also delaying the drastic HP cover purchasing to CP after backlash.

That's all well and good but why is it so hard for them to communicate things before they get yelled at by us?

After Galactus Round 2, I remember saying essentially the same thing. It's great that they responded quickly and, for the most part, made up for the terrible Anniversary tokens but when all was said and done, my question remained, "Why does it require backlash for them to do the sensible thing?" And here we are left asking the same question a few months later.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Right. I like that they are able to respond to backlash. They did well revamping Galactus for round two. They did well making sure there were two runs of Venom Bomb to make sure everyone had a shot at trying out the new PVE. Some people can say that they should have ran two events with venom as the reward but that's reaching for more than they'd ever give anyway.

They are now giving us a flood of Championing information the day after they claimed Soon™. They are also delaying the drastic HP cover purchasing to CP after backlash.

That's all well and good but why is it so hard for them to communicate things before they get yelled at by us?

After Galactus Round 2, I remember saying essentially the same thing. It's great that they responded quickly and, for the most part, made up for the terrible Anniversary tokens but when all was said and done, my question remained, "Why does it require backlash for them to do the sensible thing?" And here we are left asking the same question a few months later.

I honestly don't think they play the game at levels beyond creating a beginner account and testing, or herp-a-derp-debugging a character at max level and trying it for a round or two in a test environment. Otherwise it would've been really obvious that galactus round 1 was the opposite of fun, or that some of the released characters like failcap or mr fantastic were awful from the get-go and would never be used except in random niche pve scenarios.