Sam Wilson (Capt. America) Updates

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Falcon fans! Look below for details on updates going live very soon for Sam Wilson.

Sam Wilson (Captain America) has had an increase in his power levels. For example, Sam Wilson’s powers have gotten 40% better at base level.

New Values

Wings of Liberty

Level 1: Creates strength 18 Protect tiles.

Level 2: Creates strength 25 Protect tiles.

Level 3: Creates strength 32 Protect tiles.

Level 4: Creates strength 46 Protect tiles.

Level 5: Creates strength 76 Protect tiles.

Max Level

Level 3: Creates strength 61 Protect tiles.

Level 4: Creates strength 88 Protect tiles.

Level 5: Creates strength 143 Protect tiles.

Old Values
Wings of Liberty

Level 1: Creates strength 10 Protect tiles.

Level 2: Creates strength 14 Protect tiles.

Level 3: Creates strength 18 Protect tiles.

Level 4: Creates strength 26 Protect tiles.

Level 5: Creates strength 42 Protect tiles.

Max Level

Level 3: Creates strength 59 Protect tiles.

Level 4: Creates strength 85 Protect tiles.

Level 5: Creates strength 139 Protect tiles.

New Values

Aerial Avenger

Level 1: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 37.

Level 2: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 48.

Level 3: Also reduces the timer on a friendly Countdown tile by 1.

Level 4: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 69.

Level 5: Strengthens 2 friendly special tiles.

Max Level

Level 3: Strengthens 1 tile by 94. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

Level 4: Strengthens 1 tile by 135. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

Level 5: Strengthens 2 tiles by 135. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

Old Values
Aerial Avenger

Level 1: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 22.

Level 2: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 29.

Level 4: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 41.

Level 5: Strengthens 2 friendly special tiles.

Max Level

Level 3: Strengthens 1 tile by 90. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

Level 4: Strengthens 1 tile by 129. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

Level 5: Strengthens 2 tiles by 129. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

New Values

Dive Bomb

Level 1: Deals 945 damage, plus 143 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 2: Deals 1323 damage, plus 200 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 3: Deals 1701 damage, plus 257 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 4: Deals 2457 damage, plus 372 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 5: Deals 3969 damage, plus 601 for every friendly Protect tile.

Max Level

Level 3: Deals 3312 damage, plus 500 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 4: Deals 4784 damage, plus 723 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 5: Deals 7728 damage, plus 1168 for every friendly Protect tile.

Old Values
Dive Bomb

Level 1: Deals 559 damage, plus 84 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 2: Deals 783 damage, plus 118 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 3: Deals 1006 damage, plus 151 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 4: Deals 1453 damage, plus 218 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 5: Deals 2438 damage, plus 353 for every friendly Protect tile.

Max Level

Level 3: Deals 3148 damage, plus 475 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 4: Deals 4547 damage, plus 686 for every friendly Protect tile.

Level 5: Deals 7346 damage, plus 1109 for every friendly Protect tile.

Comments

• woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Hi David, AP costs remain the same right?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh! It's not so much a buff across the board as a remedy for the fact that Sam's powers scaled up with levels like a 3* character rather than his fellow 4*s. Makes sense.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Well, that excitement lasted for about twelve seconds.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Thanks, but guys, this isn't the feature in the announcement that we needed more information on.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2016
    Well this, this changes EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the immediate clarification on this most pressing concern. The entire player base was on the edge of their seats pending these details.

Cracking good job.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Falcon fans! Look below for details on updates going live very soon for Sam Wilson.

Sam Wilson (Captain America) has had an increase in his power levels. For example, Sam Wilson’s powers have gotten 40% better at base level.

New Values

Aerial Avenger

Bummer this didn't change. That still hinders 4* Cyclops yellow CD tile, and 4*DP's purple ability CD tiles, 4* Starlord's red & yellow CD tiles, Antman's Blue and Yellow CD tiles... and that's just some of the 4* ally abilities that should NOT be reduced by this ability. There's also the 3* abilities i didn't mention.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Aerial Avenger
    Bummer this didn't change. That still hinders 4* Cyclops yellow CD tile, and 4*DP's purple ability CD tiles, 4* Starlord's red & yellow CD tiles, Antman's Blue and Yellow CD tiles... and that's just some of the 4* ally abilities that should NOT be reduced by this ability. There's also the 3* abilities i didn't mention.

UGH, I was hoping that would be re-coded to at least identify only the tiles you'd WANT to reduce.

Or at the very least, move it to the 4th blue cover so those of us who don't want that ability can avoid it with a 5/3/5 build.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    What a weird rework... talking of a maxed Falcap, this is a tiny nerf to his yellow, a tiny buff to his blue and a shuffle of his red's values that sometimes will represent a tiny nerf and sometimes a tiny buff.

What this character needed was a more drastic change, for example making his blue actually better than 3* Falcon's yellow, which presently is not.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Why bother, his red is still way to expensive. He still sucks terribly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobulator wrote:
    Why bother
    Because they wouldn't be demiurge if they didn't spend the rest of this afternoon rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Falcon fans! Look below for details on updates going live very soon for Sam Wilson.

New Values

Aerial Avenger

Would have been nice if they at least moved this upgrade to 4 covers so we aren't stuck with the CD reduction at cover 3. Regardless, still no one will use him. I am quite dumbfounded that out of all the 4* characters he is the one that got the attention.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    well on a positive note, he's slightly better for those uncovered to attempt to beat the DDQ4* node. At least his first few levels of red hit harder. Wondering if maybe this was the reason.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    well on a positive note, he's slightly better for those uncovered to attempt to beat the DDQ4* node. At least his first few levels of red hit harder. Wondering if maybe this was the reason.
    Part of it, I'd guess.

Although this also makes me think he'll probably still face Captain Marvel next time, which is... still really painful.

What I want to see is a change to his blue to be more of a Captain-America-meets-Falcon hybrid. Maybe an active stun that also buffs friendly tiles, or a passive/active with a diminished buff-on-match behavior and a mid-tier active stun power?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    What a weird rework... talking of a maxed Falcap, this is a tiny nerf to his yellow, a tiny buff to his blue and a shuffle of his red's values that sometimes will represent a tiny nerf and sometimes a tiny buff.

What this character needed was a more drastic change, for example making his blue actually better than 3* Falcon's yellow, which presently is not.

Afraid I don't understand. How did his yellow get nerfed if the new values are higher than the old ones across the board?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Afraid I don't understand. How did his yellow get nerfed if the new values are higher than the old ones across the board?

My bad, I misread. A tiny buff it is.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I'm getting my final yellow Falcap to max him tomorrow, can't wait to start wrecking people in pvp with this awesome new and improved character!! icon_lol.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Make his passive increase the Countdown by 1 instead of decreasing it and it would help quite a few 3-4* as mentioned above (Cyclops, StarLord, Ant Man, etc)

I would use him just for laughs with Mr Fantastic, he would increase Mr Fantastic's countdown, they both spam shields, that red would hit pretty nicely if you manage to get it off before Jeanbuster/Icebuster melts your face, but still that red is too expensive
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Aerial Avenger

UGH, I was hoping that would be re-coded to at least identify only the tiles you'd WANT to reduce.

Or at the very least, move it to the 4th blue cover so those of us who don't want that ability can avoid it with a 5/3/5 build.

They really need to recode it so that this kind of power improves friendly countdown tiles i.e. is aware that some need to be increased rather than reduced.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Aerial Avenger

They really need to recode it so that this kind of power improves friendly countdown tiles i.e. is aware that some need to be increased rather than reduced.

I'm assuming Falcap was meant to be used with Steve Rogers as a partner. Other than that, most of the newer CD mechanics have been geared towards increasing a CD tile (e.g. 4* Cyclops, Mr. Fantastic) which just makes this ability less useful than it should be.

Perhaps instead of reducing a CD timer, maybe on a blue match Falcon flies in and removes a special tile ala 3* Falcon.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

And..... 3.3% at max level! Yay? icon_question.gif

Also, there isn't really much context here, since didn't everyone's powers also get stronger at lower levels with the patch?

Why not take the opportunity to make him worthwhile? His current nickname is Falcrap, and I don't think this will change that.