So that champion thing....?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With all the talk about Champions being released, I guess I made the faulty assumption that it would be included with the r91 release.

Just downloaded it on iOS and NOPE.

In the future, if you time a release with a big press event, please specify if it will actually be in the pending release or not.

Comments

• woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Update isn't live on Android yet. They probably can't switch it on until they can force the update to all devices otherwise there will be continuity issues
  • Utmbrad
    Utmbrad Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    They are probably waiting for it to go live on all devices before unlocking it. New update still is not available for Android
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's probably in there, but switched off until the update has been made mandatory (after release on all platforms). Chill.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Joining the club, it's probably locked until launched on all platforms
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    How long does that typically take? Expiring covers...
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    woopie wrote:
    Update isn't live on Android yet. They probably can't switch it on until they can force the update to all devices otherwise there will be continuity issues

Hadn't considered that. Makes sense.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    halirin wrote:
    How long does that typically take? Expiring covers...

I can't remember any update not hitting all platforms in the same day. That said, Google is in California, so it may drag out to close of business for them (3.5 hours).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the clarification that it wasn't live on android yet.

That makes total sense why it wouldn't be enabled and I'm totally cool with that.

However...

This once again seems to be a misstep with the PR division. If a new thing is going to be implemented, please be honest and tell everyone that the platform updates will launch at different times and there will be a delay in its roll out.

As an iOS user, I have no way of knowing if a new thing is live for steam or android, or even for a console.

If it wasn't for you dedicated forum users, I'd have no idea what was up!

Thanks again!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually all the platforms hit within a couple hours of each other -- for Google to not have the patch out by 4:30 PM eastern is very unusual, and also not something the devs can control. They probably figured it would all happen if not at once, then very close to each other.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    This once again seems to be a misstep with the PR division. If a new thing is going to be implemented, please be honest and tell everyone that the platform updates will launch at different times and there will be a delay in its roll out.

Well, per the "Piecing Together..." article, stay tuned to the Facebook page to know when its live.

The developer of a cross-platform gaming ecosystem has to retain control, can't have things going live randomly on different platforms. Imagine the brouhaha if someone got to champion 2 days before someone else. So, it has to happen in steps. Ensure it's in everyone's hands, then make it a mandatory update, then turn the key (remotely).

Sad to say, it really would be a CS nightmare. People would lose it.

Meanwhile, let me put some updates in your updates ..... icon_e_wink.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    The lack of any reds on here since ICEIX left is very disappointing to say the least.

One of the least communicative bunch I have ever seen.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Fwiw, I just updated on android. And now we play the waiting game (or if the waiting game sucks, we can play hungry hungry hippos)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    3669720.jpg
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    i just want to open the ****-ton of covers i've been sitting on for the past few weeks. is the feature coming today? tomorrow? next week? I want the ISO!
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Jathro wrote:
    Fwiw, I just updated on android. And now we play the waiting game (or if the waiting game sucks, we can play hungry hungry hippos)

I just noticed that although I have my time zone settings correct in my forum control panel, you are posting from a time an hour in the future.

I want that feature.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the MPQ update is in my queue on Android. Dunno if it's "required" yet or not, but I was able to update that. Steam updated automatically when I turned the computer on.

So I'm revvin' and ready.
  • scottee wrote:
    3669720.jpg

To be fair, it IS pretty hard to communicate when you are being choked by space wizard magic.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    ios updated. is that everyone now?

edit: voluntary updates are live on ios. I volunteered so no idea when it turns to required so they can turn the key. my BP hopes its within the next 13hrs
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Updated both iOS and Android..
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steam u can update it if u log off, it's not forced yet.
This discussion has been closed.