List of Champion Rewards from Video

2»

Comments

• So it's gonna be very difficult to level them? I thought it's an ISO - based feature. Wow, hm. icon_e_sad.gif Okay, I'm waiting on the beginning of this new mechanic.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Nice job. So, if we take these numbers, and assume that all tokens, cp and hp will be funneled back into covers to champion other characters, and factor in the 1000 ISO that will not be earned from selling the covers, each extra 4* cover will now be worth an extra 190 ISO, .13 tokens, 1.25 CP, and 35 HP. It's always nice to get something for nothing... except it's not really nothing, there's an up-front cost. And it's not like most of us get a ton of extra 4*s that we've been selling. These per-cover values aren't exactly game-changing, and I'm not sure at what point you'd feel as if your up-front cost has been recouped.

Since this gives you back 90k Iso, and you'd normmally get 100k from just selling the covers outright, you can also see this as "buying" 2675 HP, 96CP, and 10 legendary tokens for 10k Iso. Not a bad trade, especially since your characters also got stronger.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another huge advantage of free respec I haven't seen mentioned: future-proofing.

That is, nerf/buff-proofing.

Remember all the rush to respec XFW after the big nerf?

If only they had all been championed.

All thru 2015, nerf after nerf, it was pointed out that when most games "funbalance", they push a free respec on players.

Well, this isn't quite that ... you have to EARN the ability to respec, but it is (supposedly) unlimited respec on demand.

Yay.

The respec is definitely the best part of the feature. No more need for dups with different builds. Of course every good part of a feature has to include 3 bad parts
  • simonsez wrote:
    20 levels on a boosted 4* is significant.
    Which aspect of those 20 levels is significant? The 1k extra health, or the 300 in extra damage an attack will do?
    Scarecrow effect, which is the most significant form of defense in the game. What does 290 scale to?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarecrow effect
    These days, scarecrows are high level 5*s, not a 4* with 20 extra levels on it.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Scarecrow effect
    No, high level 5* are don't tread on me signs behind a guy wearing a confederate flag teeshirt holding a shotgun.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Scarecrow effect

5*s aren't scarecrows, they are actual tanks with thick armor and heavy firepower LOL

Scarecrows look scarier than they are. A slightly upleveled 4* fits that description.

A good chunk of the 5* being run in PvP appear way scarier than they are.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Scarecrow effect

5*s aren't scarecrows, they are actual tanks with thick armor and heavy firepower LOL

Scarecrows look scarier than they are. A slightly upleveled 4* fits that description.

A good chunk of the 5* being run in PvP appear way scarier than they are.
    The original comment was high level 5*. A 400+ OML can easily wreck your team. Any team is beatable. The math you have to do is decide what is the probability that it could go sideways. A high level 5* increases those odds significantly.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I took it and tried to predict the rest (my predictions in yellow), since there are clear patterns:

EXBCVxh.jpg

That totals to: 2675 HP, 96CP, 10 tokens, and 90k Iso. Should be close, give or take.

Well more generous than anticipated. By my count, the true number is:

4000 HP, 250CP, 11 tokens, 117.5k iso.