List of Champion Rewards from Video

XandorXerxes
XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Here's the list I pulled from watching the video. I may have typo'd something, if I did comment on it and I'll correct it. Standard caveat: actual rewards will potentially differ once feature is released.

2* Wolverine:

141: 500 ISO
142: 1000 ISO
143: Heroic Token
144: 100 HP

3* Captain America:

263: 250 HP
264: 2500 ISO
265: FalCap Blue
266: Legendary Token

4* Hulkbuster:

283: 50 HP
284: 1 CP
285: 2500 ISO
286: 1 CP
287: 50 HP
288: 1 CP
289: 2500 ISO
290: Legendary Token
291: 50 HP
292: 2 CP
293: 2500 ISO
294: 2 CP
295: 100 HP
296: 2 CP
297: 3000 ISO
298: 2 CP
299: 100 HP
300: Legendary Token
301: 3000 ISO
302: 2 CP
303: 100 HP
304: 2 CP
305: 3000 ISO
306: 2 CP
307: 100 HP
308: 2 CP
309: 3000 ISO
310: Legendary Token
311: ?? HP

332: 3 CP
333: 3500 ISO
334: 3 CP
335 100 HP

367: 500 HP
368: 5 CP
369: 15000 ISO
370: Legendary Token

5* Silver Surfer:

547: Legendary Token
548: 20,000 ISO
549: 25 CP
550: 5000 HP

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the service!
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    So what do we make of this? Looks like champ levels might be a little bit iso-negative relative to selling, since at least with hulkbuster you're getting iso every four levels in increasing amounts. So while the iso amount for the three star is more than 4x the iso from selling a cover, that's only at the top end.

Of course, that ignores all the other goodies in between the iso. Those will be nice. But it does look like the 2* rewards might be a little underwhelming. Presumably no legendaries in there.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Thanks. I think the MPQ wikia pages should have these once Champion mode is released.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rewards sound great at all tiers. I'm appreciative. It's a great way to get a decent amount of hp, cp, tokens and iso without needing to do the endless grind of pve. I'll be sad when all my 2*s quickly max out! I may even need to start leveling up all the bad ones like moonstone and hawkeye to get more rewards! Well, we'll see how much ISO I have left over after leveling up my important 4*s (and elektra lol.. I have her at 10 covers already, so look out!!).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I took it and tried to predict the rest (my predictions in yellow), since there are clear patterns:

EXBCVxh.jpg

That totals to: 2675 HP, 96CP, 10 tokens, and 90k Iso. Should be close, give or take.
  • So I took it and tried to predict the rest (my predictions in yellow), since there are clear patterns:

That totals to: 2675 HP, 96CP, 10 tokens, and 90k Iso. Should be close, give or take.

So to note: If literally all you care about is Iso, and only Iso,

You'd get 10 4* covers out of the Tokens, 4 more out of CP, and I guess if you're really desperate you acan buy tokens with the HP but I ain't going to do the math on that.

So you're going to get 104K Iso, and it'll cost you 100K in covers and presumable 5-10K to Champion them, and you got to get all 100 covers for that.

So if you're looking for 100% pure iso profit, probably not the best way to get it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice job. So, if we take these numbers, and assume that all tokens, cp and hp will be funneled back into covers to champion other characters, and factor in the 1000 ISO that will not be earned from selling the covers, each extra 4* cover will now be worth an extra 190 ISO, .13 tokens, 1.25 CP, and 35 HP. It's always nice to get something for nothing... except it's not really nothing, there's an up-front cost. And it's not like most of us get a ton of extra 4*s that we've been selling. These per-cover values aren't exactly game-changing, and I'm not sure at what point you'd feel as if your up-front cost has been recouped.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plus...your heroes actually get stronger, which is, like, the whole point of this thing.

Thanks OP.
  • simonsez
    scottee wrote:
    Plus...your heroes actually get stronger, which is, like, the whole point of this thing.
    Again, confining this to 4*, how many extra covers for a given character will most people ever get? Maybe 20? I don't think 20 extra levels on a 4* will be noticeable.
  • scottee
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Again, confining this to 4*, how many extra covers for a given character will most people ever get? Maybe 20? I don't think 20 extra levels on a 4* will be noticeable.

It's the same as people who underlevel their 3*. If you have the choice between fighting a Jeanbuster at level 270 or 280, you're going to skip the 280. It's not about the strength being noticeable, it's about the perceived strength.

And in the 2* and 3* champions, the levels will be enough to be noticeable.
  • simonsez
    scottee wrote:
    If you have the choice between fighting a Jeanbuster at level 270 or 280, you're going to skip the 280.
    In theory yes, but in practice, you seldom have that choice. You're going to skip, skip, skip and hit the first 50 or 60 point target you find, regardless of whether it's a 280 or 270. You're not going to toss a high point lv280 target and keep skipping to find a lv270.
  • scottee
    Also, when calculating total iso cost, people are missing that we're saving the huge amount of iso it would normally take to raise those levels. I know, most would never pay the iso for those levels, but you're still getting all those 3* levels for essentially 500 iso each.
  • scottee
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    If you have the choice between fighting a Jeanbuster at level 270 or 280, you're going to skip the 280.
    In theory yes, but in practice, you seldom have that choice. You're going to skip, skip, skip and hit the first 50 or 60 point target you find, regardless of whether it's a 280 or 270. You're not going to toss a high point lv280 target and keep skipping to find a lv270.

"Seldom" for one person yes. But the hoards don't queue you one at a time. Run around with some level 160 3*'s and see how long it takes you to put that last bit of iso in to get 166.

And I usually have tons of choice. No I don't take the first 50-60 points target I find. There's always plenty. And if someone has softcapped at 250, you can be sure they get preference. (after considering hero combo of course)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also: free respecs.
    Not a big deal for some, strategically interesting for some, and a godsend for people who maxed a character with suboptimal covers.
  • simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    20 levels on a boosted 4* is significant. Also, pulling duplicate 4* covers from LT won't feel like such a kick in the pants
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    20 levels on a boosted 4* is significant. Also, pulling duplicate 4* covers from LT won't feel like such a kick in the pants

Except when it's for one of the lower tier 4*s that nobody is going to waste their precious ISO on. Those Star-Lord and IW covers are still going to be groan-worthy.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Der_Lex wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Except when it's for one of the lower tier 4*s that nobody is going to waste their precious ISO on. Those Star-Lord and IW covers are still going to be groan-worthy.

I'd be amused if the rewards for championing Star-Lord were better than the others. They likely won't be, as everyone would just view the ISO investment as a necessary cost and then it'd be pointless, but *shrug*
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Would be nice to see some 5* covers in there - my token luck stinks
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    It's a good idea for business !
    How many people will be tempted to buy the last cover for their 3/4/5 Hulkbuster ?
    Free re-spec is not a little advantage i think.
  • simonsez
    20 levels on a boosted 4* is significant.
    Which aspect of those 20 levels is significant? The 1k extra health, or the 300 in extra damage an attack will do?