Character slot price

Options
2»

Comments

• Bugpop wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    I would love to see them hand out a roster slot as part of the daily rewards, like one every 40 days. At the rate they are putting out new chars that wouldnt keep pace, but it would ease the pain of trying to keep at least one of each hero/villain.

I think this is a really good idea. Maybe not so often. Maybe for a special event. Anniversary of game release or something.
    1 slot/year is almost like not giving them at all.
    I would like some trading ability, not only covers, but also tokens & slots. Kinda like exchange 10 tokens for 1 slot.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    I would love to see them hand out a roster slot as part of the daily rewards, like one every 40 days. At the rate they are putting out new chars that wouldnt keep pace, but it would ease the pain of trying to keep at least one of each hero/villain.

I think this is a really good idea. Maybe not so often. Maybe for a special event. Anniversary of game release or something.
    1 slot/year is almost like not giving them at all.
    I would like some trading ability, not only covers, but also tokens & slots. Kinda like exchange 10 tokens for 1 slot.

I threw it out as an example. As MPQ isn't US-only, I wasn't sure that Memorial Day, Independance Day, and Labor Day were appropriate suggestions.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HP is indeed hard to get when you're just starting out. It can be pretty rough, but the prologue should give you enough HP for a few slots. I would focus on leveling 2* characters and sell off your 1* for the time being (Modern Storm is the only exception, as she's very good for a 1*). You'll still need 1* heroes for certain tournaments, but you can get to them at some other point.

I managed to get about 30 slots with 3000hp, and I haven't spent a dime. It gets easier as you continue playing because you rarely get new characters where I am.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I have 26 slots and mine cost 350 each now.
    I feel like it should have capped at 250 maaaaaybe 300.

I've hit 700 already. I have 52/55 slots full.

Why? Do you have doubles of eighteen guys? There are 34 covers including the not yet released psylocke.

Seems crazy to have so many doubles.
  • aboudreau wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

Why? Do you have doubles of eighteen guys? There are 34 covers including the not yet released psylocke.

I have every cover except psylocke, and then I have alternate builds of several characters. Some haven't been levelled yet but others have. I have a group of 2 and 3 star characters, most have abilities maxed, around level 30-40. C.Storm, Thor, Ares, MN.Magneto, Spider-Man, and a couple others. Many are alternate builds in the works.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    aboudreau wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

I have every cover except psylocke, and then I have alternate builds of several characters. Some haven't been levelled yet but others have. I have a group of 2 and 3 star characters, most have abilities maxed, around level 30-40. C.Storm, Thor, Ares, MN.Magneto, Spider-Man, and a couple others. Many are alternate builds in the works.

Are the alternate builds so useful? Do you see yourself wanting to level two covers like that?

What covers are the alternate builds attractive for. I just can't imagine having so much spare I so.
  • aboudreau wrote:
    Are the alternate builds so useful? Do you see yourself wanting to level two covers like that?

What covers are the alternate builds attractive for. I just can't imagine having so much spare I so.

Huh? I don't know what you're asking. Am I under investigation, officer?
  • Just wondering.

There are only a few covers that have two builds that are good. Which ones are you thinking you might use?

If you don't mind me asking.
  • Modern Hawkeye. I'd like to have one with 5 blue and 5 red. Respec is interesting but it's nice to have options
    Classic Storm. I have 5/4/4, but I wanted 5/5/3. Wind storm is too awesome, and that extra turn of stun is really worth it.
    Modern Storm, 5/3/5 and 5/5/3. I wanted to see if her Hailstorm was a nice counter to ragnarok's thunderclap. Nope. I just have 2 squishy storms which I can work with instead of 1. I use them.
    Thor, Mine is at 5/4/4 and I made an alt at 5/5/3 before they adjusted him.
    Ares, 3/5/5 and 2/3/2. I wanted to have an alt with 5 green
    Spider Man 5/5/3 and 3/5/5.
    M. Black Widow. Low level verson to use in easy fights. Her stun works just as well at level 15 as it does at 40. Same goes for recon.
    C. Hawkeye, similar to black widow. Use to get fast AP in forest. Have to make sure he's not activating thorned rose.
  • Most people when arguing about why roster slots shouldn't be given as rewards is because they fluctuate in price. Putting a cap on them would fix that problem and should make it quite possible. 2 birds with 1 stone sort of.
  • Most people when arguing about why roster slots shouldn't be given as rewards is because they fluctuate in price. Putting a cap on them would fix that problem and should make it quite possible. 2 birds with 1 stone sort of.

But a slot is a slot. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.