Character slot price

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It's already 300 HP for me, and mentioning how many characters are there just in "Spider-man", it wouldn't be hard for it to raise to 500 when more characters are added.
Is there a limit on it? If not, it should be added, or some other way of getting the slots, kinda like exchanging covers or tokens for them. 200 is understandable, though it's already $2, but 400 would be too much.

Comments

• It's already 300 HP for me, and mentioning how many characters are there just in "Spider-man", it wouldn't be hard for it to raise to 500 when more characters are added.
    Is there a limit on it? If not, it should be added, or some other way of getting the slots, kinda like exchanging covers or tokens for them. 200 is understandable, though it's already $2, but 400 would be too much.

They tend to have a new character every 2-3 weeks. So you only need to "make" about 400-700 hp in that time to "keep up" as it were. That's not including not caring about characters or prioritizing. I was a little annoyed at first, so I can get new players being irritated, but once you play enough you realize you can get away with having about 25 cover slots without a problem even though the mid 30s would allow you go hold everyone currently. They run 2-3 PvP events a week where you can rather easily win 100 hp, more with you actually try. Just those 3 PvP over two weeks will het you enough for that new roster slot..so "keeping up" isn't that hard. Bigger issue is getting to those 25+ slots in the first place...but you probably won't be outstripping your hp if you are both playing and not using the hp for stupid things like 2** covers and 3*** when the cover won't even help you that much.

Only covers worth buying are 4**** end game when you have lots of hp you don't know what to do with and very select 3*** covers that are hard to get AND make a large difference to the character. The 5th yellow hood, 5th blue magneto, 5th blue spidey, and 5th hulk black are examples of okay uses of buying a cover....almost every other one doesn't do enough to make it worth the hp. 2** aren't worth it usually, laughingly so, but for some the difference between something like 3/4 black obw might be worth the 500 hp in her current iteration since she basically is a 3*** in versatility the same way wolverine and thor were before the nerfs.

All that said, the pricing scheme values ISO too highly compared to hp and the hp is overly expensive anyway. So trying to think of it in dollars is just going to give you a headache with this game.
  • They tend to have a new character every 2-3 weeks. So you only need to "make" about 400-700 hp in that time to "keep up" as it were.
    Even 400 is too much, and 700 would be hard to get even participating and winning in all events during 3 weeks (150 HP for having all needed characters and playing every day).
    All that said, the pricing scheme values ISO too highly compared to hp and the hp is overly expensive anyway. So trying to think of it in dollars is just going to give you a headache with this game.
    I'm converting it to money value to show how expensive it is. $15 for 2 slots would be more then such game would just cost if it was P2P.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If 400 HP in 3 weeks is too much to handle for you, you won't have anywhere near the ISO required to level up a new character anyways so why complain.
  • I can understand where the OP is coming from. ISO isn't a huge problem for me but I struggle to get enough HP for new cover slots. HP being used for shields makes this even more bothersome.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    If 400 HP in 3 weeks is too much to handle for you, you won't have anywhere near the ISO required to level up a new character anyways so why complain.

I'm up to 31 cover slots...There are a few characters I don't hold on to as they are useless. I have to agree with you as well, leveling the characters up and adding cover slots is a commitment of sorts. And you must go cliche: Go big or go home.
  • I have 26 slots and mine cost 350 each now.
    I feel like it should have capped at 250 maaaaaybe 300.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The main sources of HP are either the PvE subs (50-100HP every 2 days per sub) or the PvP tournaments (50hp progression reward, 100hp if you place in the top 45), which happens 3 times a week. Assuming you spend say 75hp for a 3 hour shield to stay in the top 45, you still come out with 225hp per week off of PvP tournaments alone. It does take some work and tanking to get a team that can go this far in PvP, but once you're there, its not too hard to be self-sustaining. I've only been spending HP on roster slots and the occasional shield now and then, and I'm currently sitting on 4.4k with 35 slots.
  • The main sources of HP are either the PvE subs (50-100HP every 2 days per sub) or the PvP tournaments (50hp progression reward, 100hp if you place in the top 45), which happens 3 times a week. Assuming you spend say 75hp for a 3 hour shield to stay in the top 45, you still come out with 225hp per week off of PvP tournaments alone. It does take some work and tanking to get a team that can go this far in PvP, but once you're there, its not too hard to be self-sustaining. I've only been spending HP on roster slots and the occasional shield now and then, and I'm currently sitting on 4.4k with 35 slots.

With some effort you can manage to be in top 45 without ever having to shield at all. For me I don't have to do much but stay out of the way of the people wanting to rank in top 10
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have 26 slots and mine cost 350 each now.
    I feel like it should have capped at 250 maaaaaybe 300.

I've hit 700 already. I have 52/55 slots full.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    The main sources of HP are either the PvE subs (50-100HP every 2 days per sub) or the PvP tournaments (50hp progression reward, 100hp if you place in the top 45), which happens 3 times a week. Assuming you spend say 75hp for a 3 hour shield to stay in the top 45, you still come out with 225hp per week off of PvP tournaments alone. It does take some work and tanking to get a team that can go this far in PvP, but once you're there, its not too hard to be self-sustaining. I've only been spending HP on roster slots and the occasional shield now and then, and I'm currently sitting on 4.4k with 35 slots.

With some effort you can manage to be in top 45 without ever having to shield at all. For me I don't have to do much but stay out of the way of the people wanting to rank in top 10

Yeah, my comments were directed more at the people with 2* rosters transitioning into 3* rosters. I haven't had to shield in a while whenever my goal was to just make the top 45 for HP. High level hulks are pretty amazing at scarecrowing the opponents away.
  • Bugpop wrote:

Yeah, my comments were directed more at the people with 2* rosters transitioning into 3* rosters. I haven't had to shield in a while if my goals were to just farm HP. High level hulks are pretty amazing at scarecrowing the opponents away.

Sometimes I run with Dr Doom, 2*Mag, and Bullseye for a whole tournament. I don't know what people make of that team or how the AI plays it. I'm sure it's not how I play it.
  • High level hulks are pretty amazing at scarecrowing the opponents away.

This is exactly the reason why they shouldn't nerf Spiderman's stun.
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    High level hulks are pretty amazing at scarecrowing the opponents away.

This is exactly the reason why they shouldn't nerf Spiderman's stun.

Hulk/xforce will be an insta skip if xforce is made even close to how good his star value dictates he should be. Almost 20k just between the two of them and if theyellow is built decently maybe xforce healing parts of that back? No thank you lol. And while they overlap in colors they still do 4/6 and only need someone to cover purple and blue. Mmm, maybe a defensive team for daredevil to be a part of? I'd go magneto just for the offense though. I also suspect part of the magneto "balance" will be to, sadly, make his blue cost 7-8 and give a higher defensive value to them. Bad for offense, but since mags has no idea how to use his blue offensively on def it will be a possible buff for him defensively. Yea, nit touching that in the last 2 hours of a tournement. Maybe at the beginning, but there are ALWAYS easier and faster fights.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

Yeah, my comments were directed more at the people with 2* rosters transitioning into 3* rosters. I haven't had to shield in a while if my goals were to just farm HP. High level hulks are pretty amazing at scarecrowing the opponents away.

Sometimes I run with Dr Doom, 2*Mag, and Bullseye for a whole tournament. I don't know what people make of that team or how the AI plays it. I'm sure it's not how I play it.

They should teach the machine combos or something. So, for example, when a team consists of those 3 the machine prioritizes grabbing the purple first when possible and then blue in order to line up a ton of black after using doom's blue. Maybe not every time, but have it a possible chance of that program popping up whenever that team.comes out. Something like that for every grouping. No way they would put in the time or effort...but it would be nice to see the ai do something than have a lvl 230 devil dino with 4 green say "you know what? That purple 3 match over there? The one that has my bff punisher's attack tile on it? I'm gonna choose that one. No not the green, the purple one with the sword on it.....yea that one... I like swords."
  • Yep, price and scaling is way too steep, especially counting that HP gain went quite down.

But it could be handled in a different way with winnable roster slot tokens. In the 'intro' tournament for a character it would be all to nice to add one such token besides the cover.
  • Puritas wrote:
    I said 700, not 400. And why would I need ISO if I don't have characters to lvlup because I don't have slots?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand some of the progression, but after a certain point you should just charge a flat rate, I think 500 would be fair, but I agree with an earlier poster, they should be winneable like packs are, I don't think anyone would ever complain about winning another slot
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I would love to see them hand out a roster slot as part of the daily rewards, like one every 40 days. At the rate they are putting out new chars that wouldnt keep pace, but it would ease the pain of trying to keep at least one of each hero/villain.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    I would love to see them hand out a roster slot as part of the daily rewards, like one every 40 days. At the rate they are putting out new chars that wouldnt keep pace, but it would ease the pain of trying to keep at least one of each hero/villain.

I think this is a really good idea. Maybe not so often. Maybe for a special event. Anniversary of game release or something.