Supremacy Goods Effect

2»

Comments

• blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I wanted to say something more useful than *bump*, but most everything has been said.

I appreciate the economics perspective on the issue, although the comments in the thread thus far only serve to indicate the dissatisfaction that seems evident throughout the forums.

Is it that everyone is unhappy (my sense, from Line chat with people who don't frequent here), or that only unhappy people post? Seems more and more like the former.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    blinktag wrote:
    Is it that everyone is unhappy (my sense, from Line chat with people who don't frequent here), or that only unhappy people post? Seems more and more like the former.
    Unhappy people tend to post more, for certain. They're also far more likely to post the same concerns again and again, because they are both disgruntled and hoping for change. A happy player is more likely to say "this is great" about a feature they like, if they post at all, and dive back into playing.

As to what percentage of the player base is happy, that's anybody's guess and D3 probably spends money on market research to get an idea.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Okay, yeah, that part about unhappy people posting more was rhetorical. The echo chamber of unhappiness that is the forums exacerbates it.

The key is I'm finding more and more people unhappy with MPQ, etc., in venues other than the forums.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Where there ever happy people on LINE? That seems to be the gathering place of vets who seem to be unhappy as a rule. I say as the poster boy for angry vet.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    blinktag wrote:
    Okay, yeah, that part about unhappy people posting more was rhetorical. The echo chamber of unhappiness that is the forums exacerbates it.

The key is I'm finding more and more people unhappy with MPQ, etc., in venues other than the forums.

To keep gamers satisfied and happy for 2 years.... Is really tough. I am not surprised that more and more people are unhappy because the game is getting stale.

I was hoping that my post didn't sound whiny... But to highlight the skewing effect of the 5* on the game itself. Hoping that the champion mechanics can address it, but alas allowing 5* to be championed will serve to make the gulf bigger.