Venom Bomb Reply [2nd Run - Merged Thread]

2»

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the first run of the event was pretty good aside from the super-high LT goal, so a re-run with the lowered target is fine by me, although without a Venom prize I can't for the life of me figure why they'd choose to do the re-run so soon -- and on another major holiday to boot!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've known this was rewarding Thing since last week when the Dark Avengers token art updated, I just finished my Thing last season so this is a skip
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    After what I experienced during Christmas, no thank you! I will kiss my wife when the ball drops instead of grinding nodes.

Ha ha joke's on you I'll be at home grinding to take my mind off of the arid loneliness of my failed life.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malenkov wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm really surprised that people expected Venom rewards again. Sure, some people didn't get them the first time... but what about those who did? Top players would almost be completely covering him already. You couldn't expect in a right mind for the game to allow that. It was also quite clear from the announcement that the second run of the event was so people who missed it could experience the new story. Really sorry but you misled yourselves there.

Without weighing in on rerunning the event with different rewards (I really don't want to grind it again), I have to push back in the "almost completely covering" part.

Two players out of every thousand would be able to get Venom to 8 covers (9/10 with pvp rewards). Come on - you can buy covers for 2500hp, which android players could get for less than $5 recently. Plenty of new characters get instawhaled to 13 covers without any concurrent discounts. Rerunning the event with venom rewards would not significant upset either the distribution of covers amongst the general player base or d3's profits (unless people are mad enough about the way that D3 have run the game this holiday season that now they'll spend less because of it).

Two out of every thousand would get 11 covers (you are not counting the alliance rewards). I am not arguing that it would be too much. I'm saying that that would be way too permissive for what the game has shown in the last two years. In other words, I'm not saying that it would be wrong, just that players should know better by now.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you devs for this re-run!

First time skipping PVE for the legendary token or any sort of rewards. Happy Holidays to everyone and to those who play this PVE... enjoy blood vomitting on New Year's Day!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    got to love not a single peep from the dev about this issue.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see nothing has been altered on this second re-run. These Carnage nodes are not worth my time. Really got to question whether D3 even play this game cause this is not fun in even the slightest. What chance am I meant to have of winning when Carnage gets off a heavy hit 3 turns in? Its Galactus all over again. It just leaves me angry, is this what you want from people playing your game D3? Its certainly a sure fire way of lowering the amounts of people who will continue to do so.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    I'm kinda bummed because I skipped the first run because I want to play PVE for t50s in nodes, and that ain't happening in a new character PVE, but I can't do that in this one because I don't have a single 4or cover. icon_e_sad.gif

I really wanted to give this event a proper try but it ain't worth it if I'm going to get barely any HP from it.

(I do need one more Torch red cover but eh depends where it is in the results)
    t50 does not require the 4* essential like t10 does. I'm running t50 easily in sim and didn't get venom. many don't like sim because of the scaling, but I'm managing. I need to get a handle on the goons - didn't play the first one much and won't play this one much either. need thing - might try a late bracket lottery.

Entirely dependent on bracket.

I mean i got #1 in an event and 4 miles covers without the 3 star and only semi optimal clears, only grinding in the last sub to hit legendary. But i tanked the events before due to fatigue of the game.
    You can't leave a bracket once you get in so the person just has to cross their fingers. And thing is a decent 4 star compared to the recent string so competition might be decent.

Generic update: Yeah I got to do like, 2ish hours of grinding to get to t50 at the end of a node. I just want some HP man so I can get a roster slot for a bad 3* so I don't miss out on another goshdarn essential, darnit.
  • GarYin
    GarYin Posts: 10
    I don't know which is worst...playing 4*DDQ with a 5/3/1 Sam Wilson vs Cap Marvel or "Back in Black & Red" which is totally luck-based (at least for me).

Pure LUCK seems to be trending atm from being able to beat a node, getting 1 cp from a node, to pulling anything useful from tokens.

My solution...rename the game to Marvel Lucky Quest as the only "Puzzle" bit is how puzzling that I'm still playing the game despite my ramblings!
  • how the **** to win if carnage fires off his red spell every 2-3 turns???? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    After what I experienced during Christmas, no thank you! I will kiss my wife when the ball drops instead of grinding nodes.
    To make it up to her..
    do a different type of grinding for the duration of the event.. as if you're doing optimal clears.. ;)
    Also, could you change the title to "Venom Bomb Replay"? I assume that's what you meant?
    So exactly eight hours apart as quick as possible with a two-and-a-half to three-hour grind at the end to get nodes down to zero? Sounds... less than optimal.
    icon_e_wink.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make sure you hit all the essential nodes...