Softcap level for 4*s???

2»

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    atomzed wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

But for PVP I'm a strong advocate of 270, and not soft-capping. 220/250 (where you stop getting damage boosts) indicate at best "weak" (not as much health) and possibly worse "under-covered" (easy) when folks are quickly choosing who to attack.

Agree 100% on this part. In pvp, you are more likely to get hit when you use a level 250 character instead of a 270 character. Especially when the character is boosted, the discrepancy increases.

Basic psychology at work here. Should I hit someone who has two maxed character or someone with un-max characters if both yield the same amount of points? Obviously the latter.

I will for sure max all my 4*s when I get to that point. Of course we all know about the Iso climb so it's just a matter of perching a group of characters at a certain level until you can climb the next rung with that same group. Did it with all my 3*s, well the ones that deserve to get maxed, and I'll do it with my 4*s. Just building up the Iso stockpile to leap to the next tier.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Nice graphs, but I think cumulative costs would be more informative (e.g. how much of a total difference is there between two given levels).
    If you want the numbers. Did you mean something like this?

Or, this (the Wiki has lots of information about iso costs (even for 5*s).

Here's a graph of all rarities from the Wiki:
    latest?cb=20151202114123

Aww, that 1* graph is adorable.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    btw - not really disagreeing with you guys for where y'all are. as an early-mid transitioner, I'm just trying to maximize my ROI and do things most effectively/efficiently. does that make sense or do you guys disagree and think that a pair of 270s is more important than all the rest? thanks.

Nothing wrong with your choice Txmoose. It is a perfectly fine way of maximising your Iso.

I actually soft capping some of my 4* at 250 for the same reasons. My Thing, Fury and Xfdp are all at 250 and will stay there for a long time.

However for those "god tier" 4*, it is almost always better to max them since you use them so often. JG, IMHB, Iceman, Rulk... If you have them in the right spec, and have the iso, I will recommending maxing them up front.

Again, I emphasise that my strategy is to max those strong characters and without spending iso on low tier characters. I have stop maxing my 3* for a few months (until recently which I max vision, no regrets though). Char like psylocke, QS, 3* spidey are going to remain at most at level 120. I am diverting all my iso to the strong 4* if possible.