Poll - how many 4* DDQ did you fail?

13»

Comments

• bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Only won Prof X so far but I got way more covers this time around.

Should win Ant Man and IW this time...have a shot at XFW....so....good progress for a 3* transitioner!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're supposed to lose
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    I failed 4.

Mr. Failtastic was 2/1/2 at the time. It's a little improved at 2/1/4.

FailCap was 3/3/1 at the time. The lone red cover was so pathetic that it's base damage wouldn't trigger Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption. Not much better at 3/3/2 now.

I didn't waste my time with my 0/0/1 X-23 or 0/1/0 Ghost Rider.

It'll be hard to improve from this showing. But I have been hoarding tokens for several weeks now.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    I only won 3 times...FEEL the Transition!
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    Let's not be too negative.. here's the other post Your DDQ4* success rate? from a couple of months ago.. icon_e_smile.gif

I've updated the success rate and made a list in the spoilers, up to the last one. There's been 21, 22 with Ghost Rider included.

Answering your poll, it's 9 for me.. I was hoping my 1/2/1 Ghost Rider could make it 8. (Edit: I miscounted earlier and voted wrongly (7).. sorry)

Here's the list (damn.. editing my own results out from this took a lot of time and I got beaten by someone.. icon_lol.gif):
    Wolverine
    Nick Fury
    Invisible Woman
    Hulkbuster
    Deadpool
    Thor
    Devil Dino
    Elektra
    Antman
    Starlord
    Prof X
    Kingpin
    Carnage
    Thing
    Sam Wilson
    Jean Grey
    Mr Fantastic
    Iceman
    Cyclops
    Red Hulk
    X-23
    Ghost Rider
    Looking at the bright side.. for the next cycle, I could/should win more than half that I couldn't before. These additions have really sped up my 3* to 4* transition. Also, when opening this week's taco tokens trying to get GR, I got 4* icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png instead.. he's now 5/2/2 icon_lol.gif

The thread you linked was one I started, and I have the exact same number of wins then as I have now. So my percentage is way down from the 30% I had back then, and I wasn't pleased with it before.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    I lost only 2; Falcrap and X23.

Considering I have never spent money on a 4* cover -- ever -- I consider this more than awesome.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    This kind of poll is soooo depressing.

"Working as intended," though. Trollolololol.

Yeesh.....

I could have choose to phrase it positively, but I didn't... Mainly because I thought it is easier to remember which match up too tough to beat.

I am surprised by the poll results because we often said that the forummites have a larger proportion of vets. But the success rate is still so low....

Clear sign of how the 4* DDQ is not helping the transition at all. In fact, the recent change to the PVE reward structure may be slightly better in helping the 3* - 4* transition.
  • I'm on day 174 and I beat 4(prox, iceman, x23 & ghost rider). So I had zero wins in the first 10 fights and only a single victory in the first 17 but 3 of the last 5 were good to me and I almost beat the rulk fight as well. Apparently I'm in the minority that is having an easier time with the recently released 4*s since everyone has been chomping at the bit for the rotation to flip.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat 11 of them, Thing was very touch and go, he was 1/1/4 at the time, now he is 4/3/4 so should be much easier next time lol.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I lost 3:

Xforce Wolverine, 26 tries (low covers because I sold my maxed one)

Mr Fantastic, 36 tries( 3/5/3 wasn't enough because he just sucks)

Ghost Rider, 10 tries (0/3/1 no luck here and I forgot to try again before time ran out)
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Star-lord vs Gamora poorly covered 1/3/1 star lord didn't stand a chance against the most dangerous woman in the galaxy

Kingpin vs Luke Cage didn't have poke of doom, even the countdown tiles couldn't tick fast enough.. now he's 1/5/3, should stand a better chance overall

Thing vs Human Torch (Classic) yeahhhh.. this one wasn't pretty, thing got roasted alive repeatedly, didn't have his red, now I do, come on hotshot, bring it

Sam Wilson vs Captain Marvel (Modern) 1 in red isn't nearly enough, don't quite like my chances still as I've only gotten another yellow cover

Mr. Fantastic vs Doctor Doom nope, failtastic was a huge nope

overall I've only lost 5, in hindsight, that is pretty darned impressive; I guess often we get so caught up in the fails we forget to stop and think about those we managed to get through, a good 75% success rate here, bring on the next rotation!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need to change from 2 to 1. GR connected on a last-second hail mary.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, since it is going to re-start:

01/03/2016 X-force vs. 270 Cyclops
    01/08/2016 Fury vs. 270 Magneto
    01/13/2016 Invisible Woman vs 270 Quicksilver
    01/18/2016 Hulkbuster vs 270 Hulk
    01/23/2016 DPXF vs 270 X-force
    01/28/2016 Thor vs 270 Ragnarock
    02/02/2016 Elektra vs 270 Blade
    02/07/2016 Ant-Man vs 270 Jean Grey
    02/12/2016 Starlord vs 270 Gamora
    02/17/2016 PX vs 270 Elektra [changed from Carnage after PX change]
    02/22/2016 KP vs 270 Luke Cage
    02/27/2016 Carnage vs 270 Doctor Octopus
    03/03/2016 Thing vs 270 Human Torch
    03/08/2016 FalCap vs 270 Captain Marvel
    03/13/2016 Jean Grey vs 270 Moonstone
    03/18/2016 Mr. Fantastic vs 270 Dr. Doom
    03/23/2016 Iceman vs 270 Jean Grey
    03/28/2016 Cyclops vs 270 Hulkbuster
    04/02/2016 RHulk vs 222 Hulk
    04/07/2016 X-23 vs 270 Electra
    04/12/2016 Ghost Rider vs 270 Galactus
    04/17/2016 Howard the Duck vs 222 Punisher (green/blue abilities only)
    04/22/2016 Cho-Hulk vs 2/2/2 level 270 Beast
    04/27/2016 Miles vs 270 Starlord
    05/02/2016 Venom vs 270 Carnage
    05/07/2016 Nova vs 270 FalCap
    05/12/2016 Spider-Gwen vs 270 Spider-Miles

27 instead of 21 the first time, I beat 26 (all but Gwen with a 3/1/2). All characters were at 172 or higher when taking it on, except for Howard and Miles (who could both go invisible).

All characters beat it within first two tries except for 13-cover 172 MrF, I dearly hope they either replace Doom or make him a 2/2/2 like they did with Beast vs. the other worst 4* (Cho, and yes I think MrF is just as bad).
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    For some reason I can't vote on the poll buy I either lost or didn't even bother trying a total of 13. Geez, I thought I did alot better this last cycle too... icon_cry.gif
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    For the second cycle, I was able to beat all except the Venom and SpiderGwen matches. My 4* Venom is 1/1/0 and Gwen is 1/1/1. I hope to have them better covered as well as Drax, Punisher and Winter Soldier when/if they come up in the third cycle. I've been able to beat the rest in the first or second try because I always come to the forum to check on the best winning strategy posted and follow suit if I am able. Glad for these threads that facilitate my in game success. Thank you.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't remember if my FalCap won or not. He's level 177 4/5/4 so I'm thinking that I did beat her eventually.

I failed with MrF (didn't even try actually) and with Gwen (0/3/1).

Hopefully this next time around I can win them all.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    This round the only one I didn't win (because I didn't try) was Gwen. She is at level 70 at 0,4,3 and I have an iceman cover pending for me to champion. Spending 20-50k ISO for a legendary token for a cover I may or may not need was not worth it when I can use that ISO towards iceman a character I can use and still get the LT. I was actually hoping we would get Pun this round as I have him much further along then Gwen.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    This round only Gwen and Howard. Was busy during both and could have probably done it but didn't put the time in. but Gwen would've needed more ISO.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I was pretty proud to only lose twice (Star Lord and Gwen) this go around where I only won a couple times the first go around. I look forward to trying for a perfect streak on this 3rd go.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I lost Thora and Starlord this time through. Starlord was more laziness because he's a tough win regardless, and Thora wasn't covered... she is now. Next round I should win them all.