Poll - how many 4* DDQ did you fail?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cleared every one up to and including Jean Grey. I missed Reed and Bobby as my phone was on service and I was locked out - both had 9 covers, so Iceman at least had a decent chance. Won with a 5/2/0 Cyclops, lost with 0/1/2 Red Hulk and 1/2/2 X-23. My Ghost Rider at 1/1/1 hasn't gotten lucky yet...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 fails. 5 coming in the last 8 characters. tried most of them, but not all - one cover GR isn't happening.

Fury - should be able to finish with him second go
    XPool - should be able to finish with him 2nd time too
    Dino - haven't kept him - probably won't come up again until next anniversary
    Flaptain - might have a chance if I can pull 1 or 2 more reds
    MFer - might have a chance with more blue covers
    cyke - would love to get him up and running but covers haven't been happening for him
    x23 - slow start, woefully undercovered
    GR - 1 cover

so, from flaptain on, I struggled some. jean, ice and rulk were all pretty easily done but the others just had no chance.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nick Fury vs Magneto (Classic)
    Invisible Woman vs Quicksilver
    Elektra vs Blade
    Star-lord vs Gamora
    Kingpin vs Luke Cage
    Sam Wilson vs Captain Marvel (Modern)
    Mr. Fantastic vs Doctor Doom
    Ghost Rider vs Galactus (not even trying with 1/3/2)

I thought it was funny that I lacked covers in the characters everyone seems to hate because they drop too much: Starlord, Invisible Woman and Elektra.
  • whoami24601
    whoami24601 Posts: 94
    edited December 2015
    I won 5, which means I failed 15/22.

I won with XFW, Nick Fury, Invisible Woman, Devil Dino, and Professor X. Since then, nothing. I will be very happy to see this reset back to XFW in 5 days and give me a chance again.

EDIT: "reset" not "resent".
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost five, assuming I don't win today via divine intervention (I won't).

Thor: Had her at 1/3/3 at the time of the fight. Needed either a decent source of damage or multi-turn stun to beat Ragnarok and had neither. Now she's at 3/5/5 and gonna kick his **** the second time through, though.

Captain Falcon: Less than four red means no chance. I'll have him at least to 2/3/3 for his second fight, which will hopefully go better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mr. Fantastic: AhahahahahahaNOPE.

Cyclops: Not enough red or blue. Should be in a better position next time around.

Ghost Rider: I haven't gone all-out on the simulator so all I've got is three red covers. That's not doing the job.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    5 also

Starlord: got annoyed with this one and gave up after burning through my health packs, should be doable next time have more covers now
    Sam Wilson (Flaptain): not enough covers
    Cyclops: not enough covers
    X23: not enough covers
    Ghost Rider: not enough covers

I am so glad it appears that they are starting the cycle over. Had so many successes early on, I got spoiled, and the last 7-8 times have been really hit or miss.

Cheers!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I failed 3 -

Star Lord - I think he was 1/0/2 at the time, I now have him at a whopping 3/0/3. Tried once, didn't bother to try again.
    Sam Wilson (Captain America) - at the time he was 3/3/0 - no real chance, I don't think I even tried.
    Ghost Rider - I have 2 red covers for him, that's it. I'm not even going to try. I don't think getting the green out of the sim today would help, so I'm not going that route either (besides, I'm at like 1200 and it would be a grind.)

So yeah, I've done really well. Most of my 4*s are in the 5-10 cover range, and so long as you have each cover, this has generally been enough to do it so long as you keep at it. I was really surprised I was able to get Electra with a 5 cover X-23 (1/1/3) but I think I got her the third try.

Star Lord and Flaptain are the big exceptions, I think - their powers are too bad and their opponents are really tough. Ghost Rider seems doable, I just am not at that point yet.
  • I only lost one which was the woefully unfair match up of Mr Fantastic vs Dr Doom. I don't think I was ever really close to winning that one, very frustrating considering I won some other 4*DDQs with characters with half as many covers.
    Would have probably added Ghost Rider but I got lucky and pulled 3 covers yesterday.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I could not do 7 of 22, so I got 15 LTs from DDQ.

However, during the last 110 days, I actually got enough 4* covers from DDQ, daily supply, PVP and the odd PVE to optimally cover the following 4*s - (Wolverine, HBIM I had already) Nick Fury, GThor, IW, Star-Lord, PX, Iceman (ok he got whaled a little). When 4* DDQ started, most of my older characters were at 8-11 covers or poorly specced, and most of the newer characters were at 2-4 covers. In the 2 seasons where 1300 was a guaranteed cover, I was hitting those consistently at 70%.

Each of the 4*s has gained about 2 covers during the 110 days; I'm pretty certain that I can beat XFW with XDP in 25 days, and I will have a fighting chance with most of the other newer ones in 3 months even if Thing vs Torch, Mr.F vs Doom, and FalCap vs CMarvel are super, super hard matchups with full covers.
    Wolverine vs Cyclops (Uncanny)
    Nick Fury vs Magneto (Classic)
    Invisible Woman vs Quicksilver
    Hulkbuster vs Hulk (Indestructible)
    Deadpool vs Wolverine (X-Force) early "engagement test" 2/3/0 fail now 4/3/1
    Thor vs Ragnarok
    Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl never rostered
    Elektra vs Blade was 2/4/2 now 3/5/4
    Ant-Man vs Jean Grey (All-New) was 3/1/4 now 5/1/5
    Star-lord vs Gamora
    Professor X vs Carnage
    Kingpin vs Luke Cage was 1/4/3 now 2/5/3
    Carnage vs Doctor Octopus 3/0/4 now 4/0/5
    Thing vs Human Torch (Classic) 1/0/3 fail now 1/1/4
    Sam Wilson vs Captain Marvel (Modern) 3/1/1 fail now 5/3/1
    Jean Grey vs Moonstone was 2/1/3 now 4/1/5
    Mr. Fantastic vs Doctor Doom 2/2/0 fail now 2/3/1
    4*DDQ starts around Iceman release
    Iceman vs Jean Grey (All-New) was 5/3/1 now 5/5/3
    Cyclops vs Iron Man (Hulkbuster) 2/2/0 fail now 3/4/1
    Red Hulk vs Hulk (Indestructible) 2/2/5 now 3/2/5 "222 test"
    X-23 vs Elektra 0/2/2 fail now 0/3/2 "back to 270"
    Ghost Rider vs Galactus 1/3/3 (T2 PVE) did not get sim2k cover yet
    4*DDQ resets
    Chulk vs ??? 1/1/0
    Miles Morales vs ??? 0/0/1
    Eddie Brock vs ??? 2/1/2 (T2 PVE)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    My nine fails (attempted all at least once):

IMHB: I only had one red cover at the time. I got really lucky with HB since then, and recently whaled his last two covers, so I'm ready for this one next time.
    Elektra: My Elektra was a joke at the time. I didn't even have all three covers. Slightly less jokey now, but not guaranteed at 3/2/3.
    Star-Lord: Oh man, Star-Lord is bad enough on a team, and Gamora shines as a solo character when overboosted. Not willing to put much effort into this next time if the match-up isn't changed.
    Kingpin: Just not enough covers. I'll have a better shot next time.
    Thing: I expect to fail this again next time too, unless I get a Thing flood.
    FalCap: Cruel, D3, just cruel. I almost made it once, and may have had a bit of a lie-down after Captain Marvel eradicated me with less than 1000 health left.
    Mr. Fantastic: Didn't have his healing power at all. A non-starter.
    X-23: Too freakin' new, guys.
    Ghost Rider: TOO NEW, GUYS!
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    based on todays 4* DDQ I would say that next one will be Bambi vs Russia's nuclear arsenal
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I failed all except prof x.

I had valiant attempts at many, though it was a fail I'm particularly proud of my 1/0/0 IMHB attempt in which I had hulk down to 900 health with some denial game which bordered on demonic possession at times. Got close with XFDP who was at the time 2/0/0 - hes now 3/0/0 so maybe if I get a lucky board...

My 4* roster is better now but will probably still fail with most of them but KP, XFDP, and prof X all stand a chance if the opponent remains the same, IMHB might have a good chance considering he is now 2/0/1.

Biggest fail has to go to Ghost Rider who was match damaged to death in just few turns.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Falcap, mr F and X23.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    This poll really bummed me out when I realized how many I had failed.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a bunch where I didn't have enough covers, so I failed. I feel like I succeeded at around 2/3s of them.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    100% success rate, but not because "I'm good!" as the poll option suggests (well, I don't suck either!), but due to the fact that I had most of my 4* fully covered for the grudge matches (the thing and gr being the only exceptions) and, most of all, with the right specs: some grudge matches - and this is an issue that I truly hope they will fix in the new cycle - basically required one (fully covered) build and one build only to win (mr. fantastic and cap falcon matches come to mind).
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2015
    0 covers for X-23 and GR

Failed KP, Flaptain, HB, MF, RH, Cyc, SL, XFDP, Thing and Antman all due to having 1-3 covers at the time...except for Starlord. That one was entirely due to the genius decision to put him up against a character he has almost zero chance of beating even when optimally covered.

Worst thing is that barring some really good pulls over the next few weeks, the only ones on that list that are likely to change on round 2 are Antman and HB.
  • Managed to beat them all with the following levels:
    icon_wolverine.png X-Force vs. icon_cyclops.png Cyclops won w/L180, 5/5/3
    icon_nickfury.png Fury vs. icon_magneto.png CMags won w/L112, 3/4/3
    icon_invisiblewoman.png IW vs. icon_quicksilver.png Quicksilver won w/L70, 3/4/2
    icon_ironman.png IMHB vs. icon_hulk.png Hulk won w/L250, 5/5/3
    icon_deadpool.png X-Pool vs. icon_wolverine.png X-Force won w/L180, 5/1/5
    icon_thor.png 4hor vs. icon_ragnarok.png Rags won w/L166, 4/4/1
    icon_devildino.png DD vs. icon_squirrelgirl.png Squirrel Girl won w/L172, 3/4/1
    icon_elektra.png Elektra vs. icon_blade.png Blade won w/L131, 3/1/4
    icon_antman.png Ant-Man vs. icon_jeangrey.png Teen Jean won w/L100, 3/1/5
    icon_starlord.png Star-Lord vs. icon_gamora.png Gamora won w/L150, 4/2/3
    icon_professorx.png ProfX vs. icon_carnage.png Carnage won w/L220, 5/3/5
    icon_kingpin.png Kingpin vs. icon_lukecage.png Luke Cage won w/L140, 4/3/4
    icon_carnage.png Carnage vs. icon_doctoroctopus.png Doc Ock won w/L152, 5/0/1
    icon_thing.png Thing vs. icon_humantorch.png HT won w/L147, 4/2/3
    icon_captainamerica.png FalCap vs icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel won w/L152, 2/4/1
    icon_jeangrey.png Teen Jean vs. icon_moonstone.png Moonstone won L172, 4/4/3
    icon_mrfantastic.png Mr. Fantastic vs. icon_doctordoom.png Doom won L166, 1/4/4
    icon_iceman.png Iceman vs. icon_jeangrey.png Teen Jean won w/L147, 3/3/3
    icon_cyclops.png Cyclops vs. icon_ironman.png IMHB won w/L152, 4/2/1
    icon_redhulk.png Rulk vs. icon_hulk.png Hulk won w/L250, 2/5/5
    icon_x23.png X-23 vs. icon_elektra.png Elektra won w/L130, 2/3/3
    icon_ghostrider.png Ghost Rider vs. icon_galactus.png Galactus won w/L115, 1/1/3

Hardest: Top 3 were probably Mr. F, Star-Lord, and FalCap - support characters suck 1v1
    Easiest: ProfX, invisible and it's over. Iceman is a close 2nd, that cheap stun dominates 1v1.
    Most fun: Elektra battles. Both Elektra v. Blade, and X-23 v. Elektra had some interesting dynamics that put the Puzzle back in MPQ for me.
    Least fun: Devil Dino, he's really bad, and boring. Even the underleveled SG was tougher than I thought it would be.
    Most surprising: Definitely Thoress v. Rags - I started getting in to PvP when XFW/4hor was a thing and Rags was garbage, this matchup highlighted the power of the nerf/buff.
    Biggest sense of accomplishment: Keeping IW at level 70
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited December 2015
    This kind of poll is soooo depressing.

"Working as intended," though. Trollolololol.

Yeesh.....
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    I beat all of them except Mr. Fantastic. My 1/2/2 didn't stand a chance against Doom.