PSA: Please Don't Post Spoilers!

GothicKratos
GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
You might have noticed, but we've been Rafting all posts/threads relating to spoilers on the upcoming feature. Please refrain from posting things of that nature. Please remember that explicitly posting spoilers is against the forum rules.

We're trying to curtail discussions around the rumored "Championing" feature because, as it's been confirmed by IceIX, the feature, if it comes out of development and into the live game, has been heavily changed since it's original inception. We'd like to avoid false presumptions based on incomplete data as to quell any potential disappointment going forward.

Last I heard, there are plans to give details on the upcoming feature when everyone returns to the office, after the holidays, so if we can just sit on our thumbs for a week or so, I'd greatly appreciate it. icon_lol.gif

Thank for understanding and feel free to reply with any questions/concerns.

[Edited OP to be more informative and clear to all players, not just those in the know.]

Comments

• Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I hear rumors that the devs have leaked information to their own alliancemates. Is that happening? If so, will they stop?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    I hear rumors that the devs have leaked information to their own alliancemates. Is that happening? If so, will they stop?

I believe the sources are not from dev but from players mining the data in the game.
  • Nellobee
    atomzed wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:

I believe the sources are not from dev but from players mining the data in the game.

I know that is SOME of it....
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I heard the new feature lets you pick any character and you can make them any star rating that you want for free except you have to whisper "Hail Hydra" to your phone.

Edit: Oh, um, serious question. I didn't listen to the podcast that was recently advertised, but apparently old mate IceIX said some things but then tacked on a "hypothetically" or "maybe" to basically cover the possibility that such features are changed before arrival or don't end up arriving. So can we just do the same?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    I heard the new feature lets you pick any character and you can make them any star rating that you want for free except you have to whisper "Hail Hydra" to your phone.
    The best thing about after you level your character is when you get reported for cheating 2 more of your characters automatically jump up in star rating!!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    thought this thread was gonna be about Star Wars icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    atomzed wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:

As far as I am aware, the only "leak" was IceIX (not a developer) talking about it very vaguely (mostly dismissing it being how we think it is) about it on that podcast.

The only info I've seen is the same thing that people are talking about here, even on Line. Us mods don't even know. icon_e_sad.gif

[EDIT]: @Mawtful: It was a fun listen, albeit long. I just ran it while I played Kingdon Hearts II icon_lol.gif but yeah, he basically said that that the datamined information was an old feature that's been tweaked and changes a pretty fair bit since inception. He also talked about some cool canceled things like this DDP type thing but based on the "What If..." comics.
  • Nellobee
    evil panda wrote:

Vader is Luke's father! #spoiled
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    So are you trying to limit spoilers, or inaccurate information? Because those are two very different things.

The former, I understand. The latter... well, why limit it if it's just conjecture? It might yield some good discussion, and, assuming D3 wants to listen to feedback from the player base, could prove helpful to the developers to hear some opinions prior to release. And even if they are only half-truths... D3 can pick out the relevant comments.

I get not wanting spoilers posted, but shutting down discussions on potential gameplay mechanics seems to be in poor taste.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    So are you trying to limit spoilers, or inaccurate information? Because those are two very different things.

The former, I understand. The latter... well, why limit it if it's just conjecture? It might yield some good discussion, and, assuming D3 wants to listen to feedback from the player base, could prove helpful to the developers to hear some opinions prior to release. And even if they are only half-truths... D3 can pick out the relevant comments.

I get not wanting spoilers posted, but shutting down discussions on potential gameplay mechanics seems to be in poor taste.

Because people around here get tiny kitty upset when new features don't meet their "expectations" that are based on vague inaccurate information.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Nellobee wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

Vader is Luke's father! #spoiled

I don't recall Luke Cage in Star Wars.
  • GothicKratos
    jobob wrote:
    So are you trying to limit spoilers, or inaccurate information? Because those are two very different things

Spoilers period are prohibited actually, but we normally try and be a little lenient where we can, just in this very specific case there's been a rash of discussion about some data that was mined about a month ago, and we want to nip that in the bud so expectations are not inaccurate, as it's been confirmed we will not be getting that feature - or at least not in the embodiment that it has been spoiled in the past.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

Vader is Luke's father!

I don't recall Luke Cage in Star Wars.

Not Star Wars, but Space Balls 2: The search for more money!!
    I did read that they are in the early stages of making this movie
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I hear the new feature is Luke Cage getting his boss Afro back....
  • Nellobee
    atomzed wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:

As far as I am aware, the only "leak" was IceIX (not a developer) talking about it very vaguely (mostly dismissing it being how we think it is) about it on that podcast.

The only info I've seen is the same thing that people are talking about here, even on Line. Us mods don't even know. icon_e_sad.gif

[EDIT]: @Mawtful: It was a fun listen, albeit long. I just ran it while I played Kingdon Hearts II icon_lol.gif but yeah, he basically said that that the datamined information was an old feature that's been tweaked and changes a pretty fair bit since inception. He also talked about some cool canceled things like this DDP type thing but based on the "What If..." comics.

Well, the developer leak thing goes back a lot further than that, but okay.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    You know what? No. This is a stupid rule. I can post them if I want to.

I might get a ban for this, but I don't care.

Here's one to get you started:
    def79302-e1ab-4221-8c2e-114fbbb6d18d_zpsisqmtyfj.jpg

Here's a whale of a spoiler:
    dolphin-car-spoiler_zps9rd9as1p.jpg

And finally, here's the big one.
    funny-car-spoilers-19_zpswazipxmx.jpg?t=1450842808

Bring it on, mods.

w9p52_zpsruaovm3g.jpg
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    This is the only spoiler that matters:
    Spoiler-Early-h7.jpg
  • GothicKratos
    You know what? No. This is a stupid rule. I can post them if I want to.

I might get a ban for this, but I don't care.

Here's one to get you started:
    def79302-e1ab-4221-8c2e-114fbbb6d18d_zpsisqmtyfj.jpg

Here's a whale of a spoiler:
    dolphin-car-spoiler_zps9rd9as1p.jpg

And finally, here's the big one.
    funny-car-spoilers-19_zpswazipxmx.jpg?t=1450842808

Bring it on, mods.

w9p52_zpsruaovm3g.jpg

This spoiler has been beaten to death, but I'm going to post it anyways!
    7xc3hat.jpg
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    God dammit, GK! Don't post Star Wars spoilers! That is uncool!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    You might have noticed, but we've been Rafting all posts/threads relating to spoilers on the upcoming feature. Please refrain from posting things of that nature. Please remember that explicitly posting spoilers is against the forum rules.

We're trying to curtail discussions around the rumored "Championing" feature because, as it's been confirmed by IceIX, the feature, if it comes out of development and into the live game, has been heavily changed since it's original inception. We'd like to avoid false presumptions based on incomplete data as to quell any potential disappointment going forward.

Last I heard, there are plans to give details on the upcoming feature when everyone returns to the office, after the holidays, so if we can just sit on our thumbs for a week or so, I'd greatly appreciate it. icon_lol.gif

Thank for understanding and feel free to reply with any questions/concerns.

[Edited OP to be more informative and clear to all players, not just those in the know.]

Guys the new feature is already announced in the R91 so why the secret, disclose everything, tell everyone what is this about, so not just a few people knows! Everybody should now if we need to start hoarding tokens or what. I find it very unfair at this stage that some people had some private info about this, even vague info can help a lot in this case. If somebody started hoarding a month ago, he will be able to use this feature at full from the beginning!

Secrets are bad, just ask Snowden and WikiLeaks icon_razz.gif