Venom Bomb

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, and I thought after what they did in the first anniversary when they introduced three 4s in a few weeks, a couple back to back, and they got a BIG uproar in the forum they would have learned the lesson.

Guess what, the lesson is they are crazy, but we the players are MORE crazy for playing this game.

Devs repeat with me:
    back to back events with new chars are not good

now repeat 1000 and you can't use copy&paste icon_razz.gif

PS: When things like this happen I always remember Michael Caine in Dark Knight saying "There are people in this world that only want to see it buuuuuuurn!" so I guess devs said "Lets burn everyone!"
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I'm not playing this event out of principle. Its an absolute joke that this event is running straight after Spiderman, and over Christmas.

D3 remind me of a jealous girlfriend who wont allow you to do anything else but spend time with them. I have much better and more important things to do with the 25th of December than sit grinding on your game!
    Even though they are teasing you with a really good buff list? IF,Gamora Rock together and 4Thor rocks in PVE

Yep, cause theres more to life than this game. I'll just pick up a Venom in a LT at some point instead.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    On the seventh day of Miles PVE, D3 gave to me

Four more days of PVE...

What? You're saying you can't grind for 11 days straight???? WIMP. icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif

(j/k. Don't report/ban me. icon_redface.gif )

Make that 15, since they mentioned they'll be running the new pve back to back twice as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Could've been worse, though, could've been for a top tier must have 4*.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Hello, Miles.
    Hello, Pete.
    vuh vuh vuh vuh vuh vuh vuh vuh
    VENOM BOMB

These new symbiote goons are no joke. Overpowered and spammy as all hell. Not looking forward to these things ruining the DDQ. They are nearly as bad as Ultron goons. New PvE though, give us more of that.
    puppychow wrote:
    evil panda wrote:
    j Eddie sucks anyway

Oh for sure. I'm still trying to understand why anyone would WANT his bk power. Brock is really underpowered compared to Carnage.

I want him, but I'm a completest. Miles is damn good though, looking forward to getting him in a useable condition. Kinda irks me that the new kid gets a great power set while Peter gets the shaft. I want a bad **** Peter Parker Spider-Man.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They changed his black before release, at 5 covers it doesn't increase damage from enemy attack tiles at all anymore. Much better now.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    At first, I wasn't even going to try in this event. I am so tired of PVE it's not even funny. But after looking at the placement awards I think I am going to shoot for the 101-150 award. I can use another Bullseye Purple SOOO much more than another 1 cover four star that will take me years to get in a usable spot.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying a new story event and new enemy goons. I won't grind it out to guarantee placement or the top progression, but I'll play through once. Maybe the second run I'll wait till the end to snag a Brock cover.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is it definitely confirmed that they're running Venom Bomb again after this one? If so I'll just enter the second run. Pooped out after grinding ISO-8 Brotherhood every day.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    CNash wrote:
    Is it definitely confirmed that they're running Venom Bomb again after this one? If so I'll just enter the second run. Pooped out after grinding ISO-8 Brotherhood every day.

Me too but I bagged a Miles so it was barely worth it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    My concern is 68k progression on a 4 day event. Progression that high suggests survival nodes, which are currently bugged and not scheduled to be fixed till ??

Wait. . . you think 14k+ points per day is HIGH? If the repeatable nodes offer ~4k pts per clear, that's 4 full clears per day. Nope, I don't see survivals, and would be REALLY surprised if D3 threw those in.

I *DO* expect to see pink spamming hammer nodes teaming w/ star.png Venom.

Typically the LT is closer to 3 clears per day than 4.