That's just the thing we all wanted to see

Another week-long grind on PvE...

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Aww, c'mon now! It's only 4 days. Merry Christmas!! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so they successfully sneak in 3 characters in December. ugh. roster slot fatigue dude!!! lay the f off. pve is not fun and roster slot costs suck! that is all.
    rant over. meds taken
    icon_e_biggrin.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Why you hate us Devs... aren't you running this event twice. would it have been so bad to make Eddie the prize for the second run. We are tired and want to celebrate Christmas ...oh well
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Its kinda **** to make one of the essentials a brand new character on a new character release. They need to space this **** out. If you went top 100 on 4* Spidey your almost guaranteed top 100 on Venom.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My concern is 68k progression on a 4 day event. Progression that high suggests survival nodes, which are currently bugged and not scheduled to be fixed till ??
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I know D3 wants us to buy HP for roster slots... but back to back 4stars is getting greedy. I'll drop a useless cover before I buy HPs.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    tanis3303 wrote:

So I suppose INSTEAD of spending time w/ your loved ones, we're supposed to grind on xmas day? icon_neutral.gificon_e_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • puppychow
    Arphaxad wrote:
    I know D3 wants us to buy HP for roster slots... but back to back 4stars is getting greedy. I'll drop a useless cover before I buy HPs.

I've been tempted to drop Venom for Miles (when I get him), but . .. nah. icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    RoboDuck wrote:
    Its kinda **** to make one of the essentials a brand new character on a new character release. They need to space this tinykitty out. If you went top 100 on 4* Spidey your almost guaranteed top 100 on Venom.

Game publisher does this to spur cover pack sales, knowing that majority of playerbase won't have Miles to hit the essential node. Remember, just follow the money trail! icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    fmftint wrote:
    My concern is 68k progression on a 4 day event. Progression that high suggests survival nodes, which are currently bugged and not scheduled to be fixed till ??

Wait. . . you think 14k+ points per day is HIGH? If the repeatable nodes offer ~4k pts per clear, that's 4 full clears per day. Nope, I don't see survivals, and would be REALLY surprised if D3 threw those in.

I *DO* expect to see pink spamming hammer nodes teaming w/ star.png Venom.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not playing this event out of principle. Its an absolute joke that this event is running straight after Spiderman, and over Christmas.

D3 remind me of a jealous girlfriend who wont allow you to do anything else but spend time with them. I have much better and more important things to do with the 25th of December than sit grinding on your game!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    just don't play it.

get off the hamster wheel and enjoy your Christmas. Eddie sucks anyway

(disclaimer: not guaranteeing that I'll follow my own advice icon_e_confused.gif )
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Wait. . . you think 14k+ points per day is HIGH? If the repeatable nodes offer ~4k pts per clear, that's 4 full clears per day. Nope, I don't see survivals, and would be REALLY surprised if D3 threw those in.

I *DO* expect to see pink spamming hammer nodes teaming w/ star.png Venom.
    Considering the typical 4 day progression target is 48k, yes It's very high
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not playing this event out of principle. Its an absolute joke that this event is running straight after Spiderman, and over Christmas.

D3 remind me of a jealous girlfriend who wont allow you to do anything else but spend time with them. I have much better and more important things to do with the 25th of December than sit grinding on your game!
    Even though they are teasing you with a really good buff list? IF,Gamora Rock together and 4Thor rocks in PVE
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

So I suppose INSTEAD of spending time w/ your loved ones, we're supposed to grind on xmas day? icon_neutral.gificon_e_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

The devs won't answer this. They've taken the weekend off for the holidays.
    ;)
  • leeleeshine
    leeleeshine Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    On the seventh day of Miles PVE, D3 gave to me

Four more days of PVE...
  • Isn't this the event where they introduced new types of goons? Spider verse symbiote kind.
  • puppychow

Yeah, I figured there will be folks who won't be playing this event. If the skippers also avoid buying cover packs/spend $$$ during this period, I think D3 will get the hint. Or not. icon_e_confused.gif
  • puppychow
    On the seventh day of Miles PVE, D3 gave to me

Four more days of PVE...

What? You're saying you can't grind for 11 days straight???? WIMP. icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif

(j/k. Don't report/ban me. icon_redface.gif )
  • puppychow
    evil panda wrote:
    j Eddie sucks anyway

Oh for sure. I'm still trying to understand why anyone would WANT his bk power. Brock is really underpowered compared to Carnage.