Why are there players with 2,000+ points in PvP?

2»

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice to be able to get to the LT at 1300. If you want to get up to 2000+, you would probably need to spend a lot of HP for shields or else make sure your teammates in the same shard are okay with you sniping them left and right.

I find the LT much more useful than getting top 10 or better. Plus it's better for my alliance if I get a high score.. they don't benefit by my making #1 in my shard if I do it with a low score.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Malcrof wrote:

The PVP game has changed quite a bit over the past 5 or 6 season. 2k is not too hard, but it costs quite a bit in Hero Points to do the hops. I have no usable 5*s, and only 3 level 250+ 4*s, it just takes practice.

Well, if you only have a star.pngstar.pngstar.png roster, no amount of HP blown can help you reach 2k. Just saying. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    westnyy2 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Vael6943 wrote:
    The answer is cupcakes. It's a **** new trend in pvp. Basically, once they get to a certain level, they start leaving 2 star teams out so alliance mates can hop quicker with little time for snipes
    not **** at all. I've eaten so many ccs over the last 2 seasons I'd be 500lb. ccs are left for all who find them. coordination helps and alliances are there for a reason, to help each other. but in doing so, they help the player base as a whole with easy, quick points for those who find them. I left a cc last night at 1470 which many ate of, and I didn't have one alliance mate even in my slice. why is helping others and others helping you such a foreign concept to so many?

I agree. The concept is not **** at all. Do the people coordinating them get higher? Sure but everyone else can benefit as well. For all the complaining that goes on about the top tier teams, it sure seems there are a lot of us who have no issues riding their coattails to 1300. If someone wants to spend the HP to get to 3K, bless them. Not only are they giving me easy targets to hit, but they are also a bigger target to snipers. My CC at 1400 may be useless to the high scorers but I'd like to think I'm helping someone else on their climb.

For sure it helps. I may have eaten your cc once or twice. icon_lol.gif I'm a more casual player in pvp, and bother to hit 1k only if the cover is something I need. Occasionally I get lucky breaks in finding ccs and that helps me reach 1.3. Keep 'em coming!!! icon_lol.gif
  • D3 already makes the game frustrating enough with its mechanics, why not find a way to reduce the stress while helping the entire playerbase and slapping D3 in the face?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    D3 already makes the game frustrating enough with its mechanics, why not find a way to reduce the stress while helping the entire playerbase and slapping D3 in the face?
    completely understand the sentiment. I do think that d3 doesn't mind one bit - I'm sure they don't see it as slaps in the face, because my guess is that CCs produce more shield usage. case in point, earth's mightiest. only intended to go up to 1300 and let it drop, but my 2 hops up to that point had easily found CCs and after my second hop, found more, so I shielded and hopped up to nearly 1500 for a t10, only reason I spent an extra shield (which was net neutral with extra hp/cp reward) was the plethora of CCs I was finding.
  • It's more in the sense that you can achieve maximum progression much easier and with less shields, and opening the 1300 door for much more people who maybe couldn't even dream with the LT yet.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

The PVP game has changed quite a bit over the past 5 or 6 season. 2k is not too hard, but it costs quite a bit in Hero Points to do the hops. I have no usable 5*s, and only 3 level 250+ 4*s, it just takes practice.

Well, if you only have a star.pngstar.pngstar.png roster, no amount of HP blown can help you reach 2k. Just saying. icon_mrgreen.gif

Not true. Zepuk in our alliance has nothing above 166 and scored 1500ish just a PvP ago. Alternating all shields while eating cupcakes can get you there
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    zeeke wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Not true. Zepuk in our alliance has nothing above 166 and scored 1500ish just a PvP ago. Alternating all shields while eating cupcakes can get you there

Agree with zeeke. I have a friend who only has maxed 3*, but with the help of the BC and CC, he was able to consistently score about 1.3k.
    U
  • puppychow
    TxMoose wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    D3 already makes the game frustrating enough with its mechanics, why not find a way to reduce the stress while helping the entire playerbase and slapping D3 in the face?
    completely understand the sentiment. I do think that d3 doesn't mind one bit - I'm sure they don't see it as slaps in the face, because my guess is that CCs produce more shield usage. case in point, earth's mightiest. only intended to go up to 1300 and let it drop, but my 2 hops up to that point had easily found CCs and after my second hop, found more, so I shielded and hopped up to nearly 1500 for a t10, only reason I spent an extra shield (which was net neutral with extra hp/cp reward) was the plethora of CCs I was finding.

I actually skipped the event b/c: a) preoccupied w/ pve grind, b) didn't think the rewards were worthwhile. If I *KNEW* ppl were going to toss like ccs like you're saying, I would have played it. icon_e_confused.gif
  • puppychow
    zeeke wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Well, I stand corrected. Gotta luv these LINE coordinating alliances. icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow wrote:
    Well, I stand corrected. Gotta luv these LINE coordinating alliances. icon_lol.gif
    About 80-90% of the T100 alliances then?
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    About 80-90% of the T100 alliances then?

Admittedly I don't have a very good handle on this, but I always thought that it was maybe more like 100% of T20 alliances and maybe 50% of T100, with some portion of those being T20 subsidiaries who are maybe less involved?
  • puppychow wrote:
    For sure it helps. I may have eaten your cc once or twice. icon_lol.gif I'm a more casual player in pvp, and bother to hit 1k only if the cover is something I need. Occasionally I get lucky breaks in finding ccs and that helps me reach 1.3. Keep 'em coming!!! icon_lol.gif

I hit a 1700 personal best and hit 1300 about 50-60% of the time with an entirely 3* roster, well before I did any of the evil LINE coordination or the emergence of the cupcake meta. If you doubt that, anyone on here from SHIELD will be happy to confirm. In fact, we don't require BCs or shield check chats of any kind, and there are members of our alliance right now that do zero coordination and hit 1300 regularly. I'm not saying this is a typical experience... but let's not pretend it's impossible, either.

As for the OP, why hit 2000 points? For the same reason you climb a mountain. Because it's there. Because you can. Because it's fun. Because you're competing with friends and enemies and frenemies. Because of any one of a dozen other reasons.

Speaking generally again...

So much energy and breath gets wasted on here about how people should play, but honestly, as long as they aren't exploiting, hacking, or otherwise outright cheating, you have no moral leg to stand on. Play however you want, but if you actively choose to not avail yourself of a valuable resource (LINE chats) then that is your choice, but no one is forbidding you to do so. In fact, if you want to, and don't know how, all you have to do is ask.