The Ultra-Casual 15 Minute Challenge

2»

Comments

• alphabeta wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    DPD takes more than 15 mins to complete?

5 mins for big ench and then maybe 2 x 4 other nodes for a total of 13 mins - not sure where I'd lose the other to mins and frankly in 3* land 5 mins for big ench is a bad day - if I didn't want to preserve health packs for a climb/grind 3 would be likely.

I used to end up taking like, 20+ minutes just on TBE alone. (Running MN Mags, 95 max'd LCap, 95 Max'd enough Hood)

But that team did rely on "Keep last goon perma stunned while gathering AP everywhere" so it tended not to go too fast.

Putting in Bullseye and Cage alongside LCap helped make it faster (if losable) , but it's still not exactly a fast fight while there's still 3*s you need.

Kk, CMags and bp - store ap on wave 1 and two hits from kk on wave 2 and 2 from bp on wave 4 after deploying yellow - took me 2.38 mins today (yes I timed myself - wanted to see - wasn't rushing as needed health packs for ISO botherhood grind)

That'd be real lovely if I had those characters at anything resembling decent covers, or level 166. icon_razz.gif

Although that still sounds kinda slow. I mean, still "Storing AP", while having nothing to directly take out countdown tiles or stun enemies, and not even generating strike tiles until the final wave?

Bullseye is far from perfect, but he's probably the best for these waves. It's how you end up getting a board with nothing but strike tiles, if all goes well. Generate 7 purple AP, and if you use him with Cage, pop that protect tile and start generating strike-based momentum until you're doing 1300 damage a match, much less all the other rad ability junk.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use BP/KK/She Hulk on the big enchilada. All 3 have an AoE, so I can save up the AP for the 2nd and 4th waves. She Hulk blue can be used in an emergency to take out enemy special tiles if needed.

I timed myself on the entire DDQ today and it took me 11 minutes. Still time for a PvP round or two!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    People just do the 2 taco nodes in the DDQ? Those are some of the worst prizes. Why wouldn't you do the first 2* node for a guaranteed 1k ISO or the ultra-easy 1* node for 500 ISO? Or just do the whole thing and collect ~4500 ISO total, with a chance at more from a good taco draw?

Of course after I say this I just pulled 10k ISO from a taco for the 2nd time in consecutive vaults. But the taco nodes still are worse than the other great guaranteed ISO nodes. I'd still rather do them all.