The Ultra-Casual 15 Minute Challenge

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
You have angered Mephisto and been cursed with a 15 minute per day limit on MPQ play. What do you play?

(Non-canon version: I retired, but still want to at least hit one match per day to keep the daily rewards going. Plus, I have to do something while sitting on the toilet. So, for a 4* transitioner with 15 minutes or less per day, what do you play?)

You can go ahead and exclude the 2 minutes of load screens from your answers. Am I the only one who keeps thinking my phone went to sleep when it sits on the all black one? No, not the black one with the red circle, the other black one. No, after the black one with the Marvel logo, after the hero splash screen, but before the black one with the spinning circles. I need a new phone.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ, guarenteed iso, a 3* cover you may or may not have, and tokens to possibly pull a 4* or LT / Hero Points.

And once a week you get a 4* ddq, so while transitioning, if its a week with a 4* you may have partially covered, you an earn an LT
  • udonomefoo
    Malcrof wrote:
    DDQ, guarenteed iso, a 3* cover you may or may not have, and tokens to possibly pull a 4* or LT / Hero Points.

And once a week you get a 4* ddq, so while transitioning, if its a week with a 4* you may have partially covered, you an earn an LT

I have all 3*s optimally covered except for one missing Daredevil red, but DDQ is what I've been doing so far. 10-15 mins isn't even enough time to do all the DDQ missions, so I've been doing the two tacos and then if I feel like it I'll do the others. I'd consider going into PVE to get the one 4* CP node, but had terrible luck on those so far.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    DPD takes more than 15 mins to complete?

5 mins for big ench and then maybe 2 x 4 other nodes for a total of 13 mins - not sure where I'd lose the other to mins and frankly in 3* land 5 mins for big ench is a bad day - if I didn't want to preserve health packs for a climb/grind 3 would be likely.
  • udonomefoo
    alphabeta wrote:

5 mins for big ench and then maybe 2 x 4 other nodes for a total of 13 mins - not sure where I'd lose the other to mins and frankly in 3* land 5 mins for big ench is a bad day - if I didn't want to preserve health packs for a climb/grind 3 would be likely.

That's true, my brain is stuck in "don't get hurt" mode. I would also note that I said 10-15 isn't enough time. You said 13, so that statement still wasn't wrong.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I'd just do the two taco nodes, then you'd maybe have enough time throughout the week to get to 300 in pvp for the token there.
  • alphabeta wrote:

I used to end up taking like, 20+ minutes just on TBE alone. (Running MN Mags, 95 max'd LCap, 95 Max'd enough Hood)

But that team did rely on "Keep last goon perma stunned while gathering AP everywhere" so it tended not to go too fast.

Putting in Bullseye and Cage alongside LCap helped make it faster (if losable) , but it's still not exactly a fast fight while there's still 3*s you need.
  • PvE CP node(s), DDQ Tacos, Other DDQ, join an event 15 minutes before it ends and see if you can get a fresh bracket.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My usual Puzzle Quest playtime is on the treadmill, and it seems like it always takes me close to 19 mins to completely finish the Deadpool Daily. Most days I just hit the two taco nodes (I am shocked that it took me so long to figure out that you didn't have to play them in order - for some reason I assumed you had to play the first to open the second one, etc.) and maybe earn a few points in PvP to finish off the last ten minutes.

On a slightly unrelated note, has anyone else noticed the difficulty finishing in the top 100 in PvP without shields recently? It seems like I used to be able to climb to 700, get knocked down to 550, and still land in the top 100. I don't think I've made top 100 in months - I usually get hammered back to 420/440 or so in the last few hours, even with featured/240/240 on defense.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am taking some pve off so i play less. DDQ is a must to hoard tokens and iso (no need for 3*).

I like the idea of sniping pvp events i last 15 minutes (i do it in off season for an hour rather than 15 minutes but principle is the same) - this csn give some great cp and hp return.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    People just do the 2 taco nodes in the DDQ? Those are some of the worst prizes. Why wouldn't you do the first 2* node for a guaranteed 1k ISO or the ultra-easy 1* node for 500 ISO? Or just do the whole thing and collect ~4500 ISO total, with a chance at more from a good taco draw?
  • udonomefoo
    @aesthetocyst - Math! Good analysis. Thanks, but I'm still not going back to the multiple hour commitment.

@orion - that's actually smart, considering most tacos end up as 2*=250 iso, but I don't know if I can give up that 1/300 chance icon_lol.gif

I like the idea of late joining brackets, it's just hard to do after so many seasons of 1k+ pvp and/or top 50 pve. No more legendaries! icon_e_sad.gif Oh well, at least I have a 5/2/5 4cyc to keep me company.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Eat more fiber. Might find yourself with a little more than 15 minutes.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    People just do the 2 taco nodes in the DDQ? Those are some of the worst prizes. Why wouldn't you do the first 2* node for a guaranteed 1k ISO or the ultra-easy 1* node for 500 ISO? Or just do the whole thing and collect ~4500 ISO total, with a chance at more from a good taco draw?

I often just do those nodes if play time is at a premium.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would also recommend doing seed teams in PVP. Who cares about placement you get free ISO and rewards at the end and since you ha all the characters don't worry about health packs.
    PVE is a grind even if you just play for CP since you have to clear everything at least once to unlock the 2nd CP. also if you are not playing PVE for new characters every third PVE will be locked out of the essential CP because you won't have the 4* character.

Seed teams is the lazy way To go
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I would also recommend doing seed teams in PVP. Who cares about placement you get free ISO and rewards at the end and since you ha all the characters don't worry about health packs.
    PVE is a grind even if you just play for CP since you have to clear everything at least once to unlock the 2nd CP. also if you are not playing PVE for new characters every third PVE will be locked out of the essential CP because you won't have the 4* character.

Seed teams is the lazy way To go
    seed teams are great, but you don't get 2 tokens unless you time it perfect and do a couple of real matches on top of the seeds, and don't get hit at the end. if you add the time for the 2 real matches, completing ddq is on the table. ddq takes no critical timing, gives twice the iso and 2 guaranteed tokens. no better ROI in the game than ddq.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    If you want to speedier enchilada, try out Patch/Daken/Loki. I use Daken-blue to end the goon rounds, then patch red/green followed by Loki black, and it's smooth sailing.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    15 minutes?

Maybe more like 20, but I would do all of DDQ plus one pvp node and one pve node if time permits.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I'd rather hang out here for an entertaining read than play. So I'd probably do that instead. Sometimes.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

I used to end up taking like, 20+ minutes just on TBE alone. (Running MN Mags, 95 max'd LCap, 95 Max'd enough Hood)

But that team did rely on "Keep last goon perma stunned while gathering AP everywhere" so it tended not to go too fast.

Putting in Bullseye and Cage alongside LCap helped make it faster (if losable) , but it's still not exactly a fast fight while there's still 3*s you need.

Kk, CMags and bp - store ap on wave 1 and two hits from kk on wave 2 and 2 from bp on wave 4 after deploying yellow - took me 2.38 mins today (yes I timed myself - wanted to see - wasn't rushing as needed health packs for ISO botherhood grind)
  • udonomefoo
    edited December 2015
    Interesting, I've been using KK, BP and switch to accelerate KK's purple, I'll try Cmags.

Ok, just tried it - 4:01, but I got stuck with no black or green matches on round 3, so it took a minute. I'll prob stick with switch, I'll try that tomorrow and time it again.