thank you for nothing[A Goodbye Thread]

2»

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    It may behoove your return to keep your daily streak alive, login once daily play with Deapool, get whale points and your daily reward.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Hendross wrote:
    It may behoove your return to keep your daily streak alive, login once daily play with Deapool, get whale points and your daily reward.
    I'm not so sure about that, just looking at the game makes me frustrated right now (it reminds me of how unlucky I am and how frustrated/depressed when I'm not even able to win an easy fight).
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Hendross wrote:

I definitely agree w/ this. DDQ is probably the most stress free aspect of Mpq right now. And most of the nodes are basically freebie iso/tacos. It'll only take 5-10 minutes out of your day to do whatever nodes you can.

Play pve/pvp at your leisure. Pve is definitely a challenge to schedule time for, and it's not for everyone. But you could certainly hit some nodes for easy rewards here and there, plus possibly LT. As for pvp, you could leave it to the last minute and enter a bracket for like 1/2 hour prior to expiration. Blow your 10 heals and play until time runs out. You'll get at least the token at 300 pts if you're doing 50 points matches, and your score won't be high enough for ppl to bother hitting you.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    puppychow wrote:
    Hendross wrote:

I definitely agree w/ this. DDQ is probably the most stress free aspect of Mpq right now. And most of the nodes are basically freebie iso/tacos. It'll only take 5-10 minutes out of your day to do whatever nodes you can.

Play pve/pvp at your leisure. Pve is definitely a challenge to schedule time for, and it's not for everyone. But you could certainly hit some nodes for easy rewards here and there, plus possibly LT. As for pvp, you could leave it to the last minute and enter a bracket for like 1/2 hour prior to expiration. Blow your 10 heals and play until time runs out. You'll get at least the token at 300 pts if you're doing 50 points matches, and your score won't be high enough for ppl to bother hitting you.
    The token at 300 pts in pvp is mostly useles **** only 2 stars gets out of those, so I don,t really thinks its worth investing time into it
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    If you can do it, it is absolutely silly not to get at least 400 points in every single pvp to get 25 free HP. Easy to do, dumb to leave on the table if you are capable. That automatically means an event token, just look at it as 250 iso and you wont be disappointed. Because like 90% of the time it's going to be 250 iso.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Thank you for all the positivism and advices in all of your posts.

I'll proceed to take a break for the the 2 weeks of the holidays while deciding wether or not coming back is something that could interest me or not. In the meantime, if you guys don't mind, I'd like to ask a few advice in order for my potential come back to be fully informed.

I see that most of you suggest to leave PVE and concentrate on PVP, but I dont see how that helps me. I've never beeen able to go above 800pts and most of the time it isn't sufficient to get in the top 100, so no cover me. At least in PVE if I dont get the placement reward, there is still a legendary all shiny that will arrive in my hands.
    "concentrate" is a bad word to use with it.
    This is a game, it should never be a focus. To concentrate is to devote more effort than necessary to complete the task in a better way. That makes it work, not a game. Also you're in the wrong slice and bracket it sounds like.

If you are going for placement, pick a dead slice (2 or 4 are good ones) since its very thin at the top, and not many people climb so much as stumble over one another.

If you are going for progression, pick a live slice (1 and 3) because there are higher point targets to help you climb higher. You're at more risk of getting hit, but once you hit a level you get the reward even if you fall back down.

All in all though, for the next 2 weeks just chill and don't even think about your comeback. Ask us when you get back if you decide to keep trying for it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Thank you for all the positivism and advices in all of your posts.

I'll proceed to take a break for the the 2 weeks of the holidays while deciding wether or not coming back is something that could interest me or not. In the meantime, if you guys don't mind, I'd like to ask a few advice in order for my potential come back to be fully informed.

I see that most of you suggest to leave PVE and concentrate on PVP, but I dont see how that helps me. I've never beeen able to go above 800pts and most of the time it isn't sufficient to get in the top 100, so no cover me. At least in PVE if I dont get the placement reward, there is still a legendary all shiny that will arrive in my hands.

I'd like to interject if I may?

I am a mid 3* transitioner (best covered 3* are LCap and Switch at 9 covers each) and I manage to finish t100 in the last 5 PvP with my fledgling roster. Don't enter the event until the last 3 hours, blast up as far as you can go in that time with no breaks and then shield out. With 800 points you should probably be finishing t25 for sure. I finish between 50th-100th with 650 points and I'm not doing it optimally either.

That's just my advice and I'm no expert. I'm sure a vet will also say something similar.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to interject if I may?

I am a mid 3* transitioner (best covered 3* are LCap and Switch at 9 covers each) and I manage to finish t100 in the last 5 PvP with my fledgling roster. Don't enter the event until the last 3 hours, blast up as far as you can go in that time with no breaks and then shield out. With 800 points you should probably be finishing t25 for sure. I finish between 50th-100th with 650 points and I'm not doing it optimally either.

That's just my advice and I'm no expert. I'm sure a vet will also say something similar.

You're also in an easier bracket. With a higher level roster, I'd wait until only 90 minutes left, if not 60.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    I'm not so sure about that, just looking at the game makes me frustrated right now (it reminds me of how unlucky I am and how frustrated/depressed when I'm not even able to win an easy fight).

I have to agree here, at the very least log-in and do the 2 nodes that give you taco tokens and use deadpool to get your dp points if you're considering coming back. Stockpiling taco tokens will at least pay off some day and dp points obviously come in handy every once in a while. Those 2 fights are super simple too, so i'd be honestly shocked if you wiped and got frustrated doing them, plus your daily rewards is something you want to keep moving if you continue with the game.

I get where you're coming from and wouldn't blame you at all if you call it quits, but if you're not sure I'd personally do the bare minimum until you truly decide. As far as PvP goes, I joined an alliance that only requires minimum PvP scores (no PvE) after feeling similar burnout and it's made my gameplay much more enjoyable. I'll offer the same assistance as GK did earlier and say if you need advice to advance in PvP just PM me and I'll be happy to help, as I'm sure most of the vets here would be willing to do.
  • jigawatt
    jigawatt Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    yeah, these mobile games, gotta remember to 'play for fun, not for #1'.

I just started but it's far from my first asian-inspired "they hope you whale up and grind" fest. I literally don't have the time to grind between job and family, so I just play an hour or two a day. I *know* I'm never going to attain top rewards. so I just find some 2 stars, 3 star characters I like, hope a new cover procs for me, and then I'll proceed to pay $$$ to max out the covers when I can. and my alliance is full of regular spenders, not HUGE spenders, but points trickle through every few days, so that helps with 4*s. and, at some point, if all the 2 and 3 star characters I care about are maxed then... it'll probably be time to leave. there's other games out there. But while I'm here, I'm all casual. I'm playing the game this game isn't about to be playing me. If all I can max is a few 2* characters and basically be done, then I'll be done bc I'm not participating in random draws and grind fests for better cards, they can keep that mess.