DDQ When to Taco cash in

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi All,

Wasn't able to find this topic, but sure it's been discussed by someone.

Is there an optimal time when you should cash in your tacos?

I'm currently going TLC - Hoarder mode and trying to save all the tacos I can get my hands on.

Right now I sit at 20 Sweet and 19 Savory.

How many is ideal to have a good shot a pulling something nice 3 stars +?

Not sure I can wait until 300 Tacos.

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I saved 80 tacos for the Cyclops featured vault. Rolled all of them and got 0, yes, ZERO 4*s out of the 2 available. And no I did not get the LT either.

• Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I honestly don't think you should bother.

My opinion is that the taco vault is rigged.

You may have 300 different rewards available, but the probability varies with each award. The cheaper rewards have a higher chance to be pulled vs. Your 4* and LT rewards.

In that regard, how could it be any different than any standard token pool? Waiting almost a year to hoard 600 tacos and a guaranteed pull of four 4* characters and two LT (which will give you dupes more likely than not) is not worth the wait.

You'll probably build a 4* faster through random pulls, progression and HP you win in game. Don't stress yourself.

I just spent a whole PVE sub trying to get 1 CP. I had 24 CP and all I needed was that one last CP. I ground the node down to 1 and kept trying over the course of the day. I was getting so many 20 Iso rewards that I was about to write a ticket. I got my CP...

Dupe.

That was my fault. I should have known better. Just open your tokens and keep playing. There is very little in this game where YOU can truly affect an outcome. How many matches have you won or lost due to cascades? Control your behavior and your impulses. Everything you don't see behind the scenes with coding, game design, and player psychology is what makes this thing work.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    I only cash in when I need health packs, plain and simple
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Currently at 180 sweet, 170 savory tacos. More than 1/2 distance to the goal line. The question now is whether I'll continue playing the game for another few months to hit 300 tacos. icon_e_confused.gif
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Somebody did the math on it in a post somewhere and basically if you have under 100 tokens, your probability is not good enough to warrant spending them. Once you get over 100 tokens, the odds increase more dramatically with each token you save.

I just spend away and hope and pray. I've gotten the 1000 hp twice and a 4*. Basically, if I don't like what's in the upper tier and 4* selection, I save to the next one and spend away.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    puppychow wrote:
    Currently at 180 sweet, 170 savory tacos. More than 1/2 distance to the goal line. The question now is whether I'll continue playing the game for another few months to hit 300 tacos. icon_e_confused.gif

All of this. lol
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    bpcontra wrote:
    Once you get over 100 tokens, the odds increase more dramatically with each token you save.
    There's nothing dramatic about cross over 100. 1/199 isn't much better than 1/200. It's not even dramatically better than 1/300.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    I only cash in when I need health packs, plain and simple

This is me as well. Considering that your chance of a 4* (or LT) is 1% and goes up %.333 with each one spent, your chances of pulling a 4* isn't high at all. On the other hand, they're a great way to keep going on something when you're out of health packs - you can generally get 5 packs with 1-5 pulls, though sometimes you're unlucky.

I will admit, though, that I'm more apt to use up Health Packs when there are one or more 4*s in there I can use...
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:
    Once you get over 100 tokens, the odds increase more dramatically with each token you save.
    There's nothing dramatic about cross over 100. 1/199 isn't much better than 1/200. It's not even dramatically better than 1/300.

It's not phrased quite correctly, but this poster gets at the point of the post that did the math. Essentially, 100 is the "magic" number if there is a specific reward you're looking to grab from the vault. Doesn't mean you've got great odds for MORE than that, but (in the calculations of that post, not non-statistician me) if you're above 100 and see something you like, you've got a good chance of getting it.

Worthless anecdotal evidence: I've gone vault diving for a target four times now, each time with >100 tokens, and each time of got it. Best rate was 11 pulls, worst was 82. Then stop and start saving again.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I use tacos whenever I need both 4* covers in the vault.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    i actually cashed in my sweet's this week, there was finally a vault that had 3* star covers I could actually use (KK and Doc Oc). Here's my breakdown:

165 sweet tokens:

150 health packs

5000hp

95k iso (this includes all the 2 and 3* covers sold).

Fury and Red Hulk covers acquired.

LT remained elusive, though it did pop up on the door a few times, I'm just not quick enough to pop it properly.

Got the covers I needed in KK and Doc Ok, both are now done. Which completes my 3* roster, cover wise.

Hopefully the new 4* method is coming, else my time in this game is going to draw to a close.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The odds do not change as you get more, the number of draws you get does. That is why people save, they aren't trying to improve odds they are trying to empty the vault till they get what they want.

the odds are still 1/300, 1/299, 1/298 etc until 1/1.

The vault is still flooded with 2 stars
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The odds do not change as you get more, the number of draws you get does. That is why people save, they aren't trying to improve odds they are trying to empty the vault till they get what they want.

the odds are still 1/300, 1/299, 1/298 etc until 1/1.

The vault is still flooded with 2 stars

Took me a 2nd read, but I agree here.
    simonsez wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:

You are looking at the chance per draw. The chance per draw with 200 items left is pretty much the same as 199, sure. The odds of you not drawing something you want with 100 tokens (81% chance of one or more 4* rewards) is far lower than with 50 (52% chance of one or more 4* reward).

The odds of you winning what you would like go up slightly less with each token, so it's really a matter of what your risk tolerance is. If you want a 90% chance of one or more 4* rewards (not a specific one), you want 110 tokens. If you have no interest in the ISO reward, it's 131 tokens. If you want a 90% chance of one or more covers / LT, it's 161 tokens. LT only is, of course, 270.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    I cashed in 108 tacos last week to try for the Cyke red cover. Or maybe at least the purple Antman, or legendary, or any of the top ISO and HP prizes.
    I got nothing... A few early 250HP pulls, but other than that, just sitting on 85 health packs now.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Currently at 80 Savory and 90 sweet. Sometime in mid July, I will have 300 of both and I'm going to open them then. That'll be:
    42 five health packs (210 health packs)
    172 two stars (43,000 ISO)
    37 three stars (18,500 ISO)
    30 1500 ISO packs (45,000 ISO)
    2 5000 ISO packs (10,000 ISO)
    1 10,000 ISO pack
    12 packs of 250 HP (3000 HP)
    1 pack of 1000 HP
    2 four stars
    1 legendary token
    per vault. Can I wait seven months 253,000 ISO, 8000 HP, 420 health packs, 4 four stars and 2 legendary tokens? I'm trying!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Can I wait seven months 253,000 ISO, 8000 HP, 420 health packs, 4 four stars and 2 legendary tokens? I'm trying!

I sense the force is strong in you. icon_cool.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be honest with you - being able to pull an extra 5 health packs is pretty awesome. It means I can have some massively bad luck in a climb, spend 10 minutes opening tacos, then come back in like gangbusters.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled 90 Tokens this week for 1 Legendary Token. I even pulled it within the 1st 10 tokens, but I really want my 1st Red Rulk cover. Would have saved longer, but that extra cover would have been useful for today. Coincidently the LT was Purple Rulk, making mine 0/2/2 (good enough to win with boosts.) Pleased overall since that got me a Purple X-23, but she'll be struggling in a few days as she sits at 0/0/3.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd wait for 300 and cash in then. I cashed in one of them at 100 tacos when there were two Thing's in the Thing rotation - pulled one after about 50 pulls and stopped.

Still don't know why it isn't a 100 vault with the same upper rewards.

Hopefully new feature helps make these slightly less worthless - but they'll still be really, really useless. The best use I've seen for them is pull them when you need health packs.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm been tracking my pulls in the other thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33371
    Pongie wrote:
    I recently opened 95 savory tacos and here're my results:

1x 1000 HP
    1x 5000 ISO
    12x 3* (none were needed)
    6x 250 HP
    9x 1500 ISO
    16x Health Packs
    50x 2* (none were needed)

The other 6 (1 from above were from the national taco day if you're wondering why there were 101) I opened previously and gotten these:

1x 10000 ISO
    1x Health Packs
    3x 2* (none were needed)
    1x 3* (not needed)

Disappointed that I didn't get any 4* covers.
    Pongie wrote:
    Was running low on HP so I had the intention of opening my 120 sweet tacos
    Stopped at 34 once I hit the jackpot, 1000 HP.
    The other 33 were:
    1x 4* deadpool
    3x 3*s (only needed 1)
    1x 250 HP
    3x 1500 ISO
    8x Health packs
    17x 2*s

I'm happy with that.

Edit: opened 32 savoury tacos today as I needed health packs for the sentry pvp.

5x 3*s (all sold)
    1x 250 HP
    4x 1500 ISO
    7x Health packs
    16x 2*s

Guess the sweet ones are better for me

Edit#2: my savoury tacos streak continues. Another 20 opened resulting in

1x 3* sold
    2x 250 HP
    1x 1500 ISO
    2x Health packs
    14x 2*s

Edit #3: tried to get the red hulk cover in the vault to increase my chance of beating the clash of titan. Opens 132 sweet tacos...

1x legendary token (red imhb)
    1x iceman blue
    1x 10000 ISO
    15x 3*s (at least 1 used for respec)
    2x 250 HP
    14x 1500 ISO
    21x Health Packs
    77x 2*s

Would have liked a little more HP.