Worst character

Venom[high ap req for devour, low damage, should have passive regeneration]
hawkeye[high ap, bad ability, puny damage, even boosted not to many difference]
loki[he's the joker, only randomly flip the board with no damage or tactical advantage]
bagman[only good if u're planning to combo with spidey yellow, is it okay? same spiderman?]
yelena[high ap req, low health point, low damage]
cap america[too high ap req]

Comments

• Iron Man. He's a good starting character, but too redundant and derivative. Hawkeye, Venom, Cap, even Bag-Man can fill unique roles on a team. The only reason to use Iron Man is because you have a high level Iron Man that was easy to obtain.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Every character has his purpose I find.

Hawkeye, Bagman, Cap can find a purpose in PvE.

Don't have Spidey so can't speak to Venom, but thats supposed to be a good team yeah?

Ironman becomes redundant, but when my Thor goes down I still find use in him as a 2nd team leader.
  • Juggernaut.
  • Venow pwns hard. He's part of my strongest team and that's where he'll stay icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hawkeye is good for PvE, as both of his abilities can eliminate specific enemy countdown tiles. Iron Man is good for grinding out matches against lower level computer characters, as his yellow ability can keep you from taking damage therefore making you need to heal less. Venom in combination with a spider is great for knocking out huge HP guys like high level Ragnarok.
    Yelena is the only character that I really don't see any good use for. Low HP, crummy abilities... Just never find a use for her.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    My buffed Yelena pulled out a lot of wins for me in the recent Dark Avengers only tournament and because of that she is now leveled up. She can do damage and steal all colors with her purple ability so I'm thinking of finding a good use for her, especially in long matches.

My vote for worst are

Moonstone: Low health, long regeneration period after she is downed, her purple skill is way too random to be strategic and her red skill's damage is dependent on the red tiles on the board instead of just raw damage (aka Iron Man's replusor blast). Fought tooth and nail to earn her and she was the biggest let down ever. She is 'uncommon' too so leveling her up with rare covers is a chore.

Classic Hawkeye: Both high AP costing abilities, purple ability only does damage and doesn't do anything to gain the AP back, doesn't have much health either.
  • I'm actually growing fond of Venom as a third character. Stun whole team only costs 7 AP. When you need that stun, you REALLY need that stun. Devour is kind of expensive, but it frequently comes in handy as a late-game finishing move, and he has enough HP to last the match.
  • Juggernaut, not close.

1*, low stats, only two skills: a bad nuke, and a board scrambler that doesn't generate AP. Basically a bag of hitpoints with no synergies and a low level cap. But, you know, nothing can stop him.
  • Tesla wrote:
    Juggernaut, not close.

I'm seriously considering dumping Juggernaut to free up space. How much damage does his suicide attack do at level 40?
  • cepage wrote:

I'm seriously considering dumping Juggernaut to free up space. How much damage does his suicide attack do at level 40?

Don't know, don't care... you'd have to be insane to drop that much ISO into leveling him up.

The one and only reason I've kept him around is that I expect a future tournament will boost him. And even then I'm not sure it's worth it -- the suicide attack is just so hideously bad, and green isn't much better since it doesn't generate AP.

The only good thing about him is a lot of HP. But I don't know if he has more at L40 than Iron Man does at L50 -- and even then you have to consider that one of his abilities is useless if you actually want to use him as a tank.

Really, I challenge anyone to claim that Juggy isn't the worst.
  • Dninot
    So is there any reason to hold onto Jugs, or level him up?
  • Dninot wrote:
    So is there any reason to hold onto Jugs, or level him up?

Only one that I can think of, and that's in 1-star tournaments. If you're defending, doesn't matter if Juggernaut self-harms, so Iron Man/Juggernaut/Storm is going to be harder to take down than Iron Man/Black Widow/Storm. He probably kills faster too. Remember that you can start with 6AP from boosts, so that's enough for both his abilities to go off on turn 1.

So if I had him levelled, I'd use him at the end of a push to reduce the amount of hits I take, and in the last 5 minutes to speed kill and also encourage opponents to attack somewhere else.

However, that's a lot of investment for a limited use... I think that he could use a third ability, or take less damage from his Headbutt.
  • Dninot
    There has to be better 1* teams. I feel like I'm going to be spending a lot of time spreadsheeting this game when I get the time.
  • I like Jugs. If only because he can take hits really well. Even his own. If that bothers you, just don't use him?

To me the most useless is Hawkeye. Classic. I just can't with his uselessness.
  • I seem to recall a lot of people using Juggernaut in their 1* squads - doesn't strike me as all that unusual due to decent HP and the fact headbutting during defence battles isn't going to cause you to heal him. As pointed out by Agent Coulson.

Can't say I saw many Hawkeye's in there. That has to be telling.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I seem to recall a lot of people using Juggernaut in their 1* squads - doesn't strike me as all that unusual due to decent HP and the fact headbutting during defence battles isn't going to cause you to heal him. As pointed out by Agent Coulson.

Can't say I saw many Hawkeye's in there. That has to be telling.
    Telling that Hawkeye shines in pve much like Juggs shines in PVP defence. The great thing about the game is each character has strengths and weaknesses for different kinds of battles.
  • I have no max level characters yet, but as a player who tries to fight above his rank (and stockpiles medpacks), hIgher level Juggs can be a bit of a deterrent for me. I'm much more willing to go after someone with better characters if they have higher cost powers and/or lower hp than someone with a high level Juggernaut. The AI will use Headbutt as frequently as possible... and if it is only at a cost of 6... it can be quite annoying to take all that damage if I'm unable to lock him down. He might still be the worst, though. icon_e_smile.gif

EDIT: Hawkeye is pretty good PvE, but PvP he isn't usually as helpful as others. He is one of my alternates right now, though. It is a rare situation, but using Take Aim to get 4 simultaneous Crits is really satisfying. Hawkeye is defnitely worse than Juggernaut in PvP defense. His powers are not utilized effectively by the AI. Juggernaut's powers are much more suited to how the computer plays.
  • hawkeye most usefulness is for PvE. that's true. but his role is so obsolete compared to other character.
    juggernaut can do better clearing enemy tiles. storm classic and moder is better. by the time u got enough ap to do hawkeye red skill. it's better to use it for another char skill, which can finish the opponent more quickly.
    hawkeye red skill shpulde be regenerating ap and stun the enemy. or lower red AP req to 4-6.

venom devour take so much AP, and don't even think of instant kill the opponent. it's almost impossible to make lots of web tiles, without being matched by enemy
  • You guys jinxed us. Now they're giving us a tournament based on the worst characters in the game...
  • Venom isn't that bad, guys. His level 5 whole team Devour is way too hard to set up, but he's not totally worthless as a character. Stunning and direct damage are very useful abilities to have. All around, he's probably the second best of the Dark Avengers after Ragnarok (but then it *really* falls off after that).

Bag-Man is terrible.

Loki is terrible.

Dark Widow is really bad.

Juggernaut is really bad. (self-damage? No, thanks)

Moonstone's red is kind of an OK skill, but otherwise, yeah, she's really bad. Her purple is just...what...

1-star Hawkeye would be better if his abilities were cheaper, but yeah, he's really not very good since he's capped at 40 with 2 skills.

New 3-star Iron Man actually seems really not that good. Draining all colors of your AP? Stunning himself? Really?