Squirrel Girl, Why?

2»

Comments

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Its a free daily gift just for playing... Why complain?

Giving someone a useless reward for an extended period of service is a slap in the face.

Dang, I can't afford to dine out with y'all. As someone on Day 457, I have 15 3* characters that aren't finished yet and a few more on their "first 13" build that could use a change in color.

For me, the Daily Prizes are a small, non game-breaking way to possibly become more competitive. For D3, it's a way to keep players coming back "one more day" and eventually buy a shiny thing or two.

But a "slap in the face" for your "period of service," geez, that's some hyperbole there. How has your daily drain on D3's servers resulted in making the world a better place or padded their bottom line? I've had many multi-hour grinds for placement and to boost my alliance, but I in no way confuse this with a job or community service.

Also, as someone who rose from entry-level to management in his current software career, our company's every-5-year anniversary award is a $50 gift card and the supervisor's OK to take off early after lunch. I don't promise that my workplace will be anything like yours, but most workplaces want you to justify your current worth, rather than reward you for it.
  • The thing here Bear is that while I agree that just selling the cover fixes part of the problem, you are yet to see how bad the game progression gets worse and worse as you get closer to the end of the 3* needs.

Now you need covers, yes, but every cover puts you closer to the place the others complaining are. When I was in your place I thought it was madness to save tokens, how could someone do that? 150 days after and I need 0 3* covers (save one SG green to fix her build) and I see no point in opening anything that isn't a LT.

Imagine when I hear that 200 days from now I will still be getting those covers? Even worse, that D3 handpicked those prizes thinking it was a good idea.

Keep playing and you will see what I mean.