A Poll - Who's 5* scaling info

2»

Comments

• I had a 2* roster (with some lv80/90 3*) when SS came to me; my scaling went crazy. Since I got rid of him the levels of the opponents have dropped noticeably - now I can manage to clear PvE, yay
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I do not have 5* so I can't vouch for it. But I'm not sure we can speak about "anecdotal" evidence when the issue is talked about by IceIX in such a way :
    denouement wrote:
    Here's a recap of the podcast:
    (...)
    - There are three bracket modes: high level, mid-level, and newbie. Entry into bracket is 100% performance based with checks in place to prevent gaming the system.
    - PvE scaling has two components. Primarily performance-based with a roster-check that can adjust based on changes in roster strength. Explains that 5* triggers the roster-check and a fix is in the works.
    - Scaling check compares groups and is not linear/continuous, average level can bump up "enough" to place you into a different "group"
    - Fixes considered include "benching" characters for events or an even cut (e.g. not considering top and bottom X number of characters) but sounds like nothing concrete decided. Ice says some in office hit by it and it "sucks."
    (...)

From MPQ interview Puzzle Warrior 3 Podcast's thread.

So it seems some are lucky and are unaffected while it riggs the scales for the others who are now forced to punch above their weight. Being lucky doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Got all three 5* and noticed the scaling go way up since rostering my first 5*.

Got 3-4* leveled @166, 5-3* @ 166, and the rest of my 3* &4* @145 a 120 (need Iso).

Getting frustrated see 270- 250 ares, venom, doom, moonroach,and rags. 6-8k hits. "Come on man!"

Darknes21 (LogansLoonies)
  • KidCharlemagne
    KidCharlemagne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I have two 5*'s and my PVE scaling seems to be about the same but my PVP scaling has gone through the roof. All my characters are fully covered and capped at 94. In the past seasons Shield opponents would start at around my level and increase as I climbed. Got my first 5* towards the end of the season 20 and didn't notice much, in any, increase in scaling. Last season I got my second 5* about midway through and instantly all matches were against 166+ teams. Because I was at 1500 points at the time I wasn't sure if it was the ranking or the 5*. But this season started at 166+ teams so 5*'s definitely affect PVP scaling. Other PVP events are only slightly better and have to do a ton of skips just to get to 300 points.

Basically one 5* probably might not affect your scaling too much in PVP but two definitely will. Just having them increases your scaling, I never played either one of mine. Going to have to finally start leveling up my 3's just to have a fighting chance of getting to 400-500 in PVP events. I prefer PVE so hoping the leveling won't mess with that too much.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Before the accursed 5-star I was making Simulator 2000 progression and was just about to start aiming for 1000 in PvP. After rostering SS getting to 1400 in Sim is almost impossible and making more than 400 in PvP is about the max I can reach when before I made 700 in an hour or so.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    IceIX already said that this was a problem, and they were going to try to fix it. There isn't a need for a poll, it is a legitimate problem they still have yet to fix.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Dauthi wrote:
    IceIX already said that this was a problem, and they were going to try to fix it. There isn't a need for a poll, it is a legitimate problem they still have yet to fix.

"Yes it is, because the people complaining in here are just making it up, since ALL we do is complain, anyways." Or whatever people are trying to prove. lol
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Before the accursed 5-star I was making Simulator 2000 progression and was just about to start aiming for 1000 in PvP. After rostering SS getting to 1400 in Sim is almost impossible and making more than 400 in PvP is about the max I can reach when before I made 700 in an hour or so.
    Oh, and another data point is that before the SS I made the final node in Gauntlet (no Whales used) - with SS I started struggling in the second sub and could get only a third of the way into the third sub until it turned impossible.
  • I have a roster with plenty of level 166 3-star characters, but no good high-level 4-stars (The only 4-stars of a decent level are Invisible Woman and Devil Dinosaur, both of which I made the mistake of leveling above 166.). I also have two 5-stars, both at 270.

So I have two characters at level 270, Devil Dinosaur at 199 and Invisible Woman at 178. And honestly, these aren't useful in PVE. But I think they are effecting the scaling somehow.

Right now, looking at the current PVE event, the top node I'd like to attack is all level 258 enemies.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how my effectively level 166 roster of usable, useful characters can possibly win. Before I got the two 5-stars and leveled up the two 4-stars to above 166, I always felt like I at least had a theoretical chance of winning the top node in any PVE event with my 166 roster. Now, I never feel like I could possibly win.

So, yeah, I think 5-stars and the very weak 4-stars are doing something to the scaling. I don't know how it works, but the game has gotten a lot harder since I got them. I feel like I never get anything useful out of PVE and even breaking into the top 500 in a PVE event is now a challenge, because I simply can not defeat a lot of the nodes.