DDQ Cylcops vs IMHB

Options
13»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you continued quoting the text is " If you have 10 or more Team-Up AP, instead drain 10 Team-Up AP, deal xxxx damage and destroy a chosen row".

That "instead drain 10 Team-Up AP" is the confusing part. It should read, "also drain 10 Team-Up AP...".
    None of the text of any ability happens without spending the ability cost. Saying "Also" would imply that the power would deal the damage from the first part and the damage from the second part. Probably the clearest way to express it would be to move the "Drain 10 TU AP" after the damage and row destruction clauses.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    4/3/2 Cyke here. Leveled him to 180.

Took 4 tries.

The primary issue with Cyke is that his power output at 4 red is just not great for the cost, where at 5 the red is an amazing nuke. Since that is his only damage output worth mentioning against HB's 17k+ health, you have to be careful.

Absorbing at least one rep. punch in the face is probably going to be a must here because you can't block both. Black is more dangerous than red, whatever you do - do not let him get black. Once I realized that, then boosted TUs/Y+R and damage on Y/R.

Still went down to the wire with me blasting him 4 times, FOUR. It was a long drawn out battle.

Leg token: Yellow antman. Useless, but more useful than my usual SL/IW/XF nonsense.

I have a 4/3/1 and beat him on my 3rd try with only r/y and all color boosts. As long as you deny black and keep taking the red, I found it easy. Placing yellow just racks up the red like no other. I even used his unboosted red to set up team up tile matches to get more.

This was a great match up since it really involved thinking and strategy. Loads of fun.

I've got a 4/2/1 Cyke and have yet to pull it off. Leveled to 135 and not sure boosting to 150 will make a big difference. I think I've only gotten HB down around 10K before he was able to collect 9 red, at which point I just quit out. I've been boosting R/Y and all colors plus R/Y damage, but no luck so far. However your posts give me hope, so I'll keep at it and pray for favorable boards.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:

Took 4 tries.

The primary issue with Cyke is that his power output at 4 red is just not great for the cost, where at 5 the red is an amazing nuke. Since that is his only damage output worth mentioning against HB's 17k+ health, you have to be careful.

Absorbing at least one rep. punch in the face is probably going to be a must here because you can't block both. Black is more dangerous than red, whatever you do - do not let him get black. Once I realized that, then boosted TUs/Y+R and damage on Y/R.

Still went down to the wire with me blasting him 4 times, FOUR. It was a long drawn out battle.

Leg token: Yellow antman. Useless, but more useful than my usual SL/IW/XF nonsense.

I have a 4/3/1 and beat him on my 3rd try with only r/y and all color boosts. As long as you deny black and keep taking the red, I found it easy. Placing yellow just racks up the red like no other. I even used his unboosted red to set up team up tile matches to get more.

This was a great match up since it really involved thinking and strategy. Loads of fun.

I've got a 4/2/1 Cyke and have yet to pull it off. Leveled to 135 and not sure boosting to 150 will make a big difference. I think I've only gotten HB down around 10K before he was able to collect 9 red, at which point I just quit out. I've been boosting R/Y and all colors plus R/Y damage, but no luck so far. However your posts give me hope, so I'll keep at it and pray for favorable boards.
    I beat him with a 4/2/1 @ max level. It was down to the wire with both of us at 800 or so health and I just outmatched the AI for a win. Took me less than 10 tries, so not nearly as bad as some of the other more recent events.
  • Done, in the 42th attempt, 431 lv155 with +2 red/yellow blue/pink AP and +50% red/yellow damage. Yellow Antman, not bad as now I have 5 yellow.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have gotten HB down under 1000 twice out of 10 or so tries with my level 135 4/1/1 Cyclops. And I've had a few more times where I had enough red AP to finish him off on the next turn before getting punched into outer space. I've used almost all my health packs and most of my boosts, but I'm still trying!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never have opened a Cyclops from a token, so the few covers that I have (the ones that have been available to earn) make the fight akin to trying to stop a bulldozer with a laser pointer.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I finished this one on my 2 **** try. 412 lvl 152 boosted r/y AP, r/y dmg and all dmg. Did not take much damage but was able to get a 5 match to start which setup a four red match.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:

Took 4 tries.

I beat him with a 4/2/1 @ max level. It was down to the wire with both of us at 800 or so health and I just outmatched the AI for a win. Took me less than 10 tries, so not nearly as bad as some of the other more recent events.

I'm at over a dozen tries and CAN NOT keep that **** from getting 9 red. No matter how I try to outmaneuver, he always gets just the right tiles to fall to make sure he gets that extra red, blue or black.

HB is an awesome character because everything he's got gets him red, which also makes him a colossal pain in the **** to fight. It really pisses me off when it comes down to luck like this (which is more often the case than I'd like it to be).
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    Level 150 2/2/2 Cyke and after probably more than 10 tries I finally won. I had +2 R/Y, +50% B/P Damage and... +125% Critical boosts. :p I ran out of the all damage. I think the Critical Boosts helped because similar to what Mohio described, I used Red to setup match 5s when I had less than 10 TU. Thought it would be impossible but change in tactics helped.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finally won on my 12th or so try when HB overdrived (overdrove?) himself. Got my 2nd yellow Prof X.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options
    Ok anyone who beat this, HOW?!!!

Aside from just spectacular luck, HOW?!!!
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ^^^

For my 3/2/3 Cyclops, it was luck and board control. But mostly luck.
  • Got it on my 9th try with 442, level 166. Was rewarded with a useless Green Carnage.

AI kept getting Godly cascades of either Black or blue which more or less meant it was game over after.

One thing I've noticed: Why is it possible to put out multiple of his yellow skills when the Separate AP boosts from matching TU tiles does not stack? Wouldn't it be more economical to let one be destroyed whenever a new CD tile of his is placed (like Mystique)? At least you get a shot at a cascade if this is the case. icon_e_geek.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dumped Iso into my 4/5/1 Cyke and brought him straight to level 213. I had heard how great he is, so the leveling was a no-brainer. Cleared Hulkbuster on the very first try with no boosts. It was close since Hulkbuster got a black cascade on turn 2, which meant Overdrive on turn 3, and eating a Repulsor Punch on turn 4. But that yellow fed me red again and again, and ol' Slim opened up the visor to slag the big dumb robot. Cyke is dope.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/0 Cyclops, had an easy time. I was expecting to get annihilated, but I was able to gather lots of red and blast him Before he fired any Powers.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options
    Infrared wrote:
    ^^^

For my 3/2/3 Cyclops, it was luck and board control. But mostly luck.

Yep, I was able to finally pull it out too, mostly because of luck. Turns out the best board was one where all 3 of his colors were starved but there was enough yellow and TU tiles to get me some red. That and some very lucky cascades on my end.

The Mr. F Black from the token was less lucky...