DDQ Cylcops vs IMHB

Options

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on first try with 5/2/1 Clops at level 150 or something close to that. Basically took 2 full power reds. Even though the AI got off his black and red, I finished the match with under 200 health left, but the yellow sped up red enough to not matter.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him on my 3rd try with a l188 342 Cyke. Got a useless Carnage green out of it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/3/2 level 168 got him 7th try. Used up all 20 100% damage boosts in the tries, any time I didn't stack them I never got close.

Want to make me believe AI doesn't do intentional drops? Maybe a bit less match 4+ black -every single match- right off the top of the board.

RX36sQb.jpg
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah ok - so you need to have the 10 team-up AP to destroy the whole row. Got it. I still think the description reads as if it only uses 10 team-up AP instead of 10 red AP. Should read "instead uses 10 team-up AP and 10 red AP....".
    The ability says, "If you have 10 or more Team-Up AP, instead...." This is a replacement of the ability text that appears above the conditional. You always need to pay the cost of an ability to activate it (barring Colossus blackflag.png).

My 0/1/0 Cyc waves from the sidelines. Looking forward to rhulk's turn, though. I caught a lot of his covers over the past couple of months, so he's 1/5/3 now.
  • 1/2/2 I think I'll pass icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ah ok - so you need to have the 10 team-up AP to destroy the whole row. Got it. I still think the description reads as if it only uses 10 team-up AP instead of 10 red AP. Should read "instead uses 10 team-up AP and 10 red AP....".
    The ability says, "If you have 10 or more Team-Up AP, instead...." This is a replacement of the ability text that appears above the conditional. You always need to pay the cost of an ability to activate it (barring Colossus blackflag.png).

If you continued quoting the text is " If you have 10 or more Team-Up AP, instead drain 10 Team-Up AP, deal xxxx damage and destroy a chosen row".

That "instead drain 10 Team-Up AP" is the confusing part. It should read, "also drain 10 Team-Up AP...".
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took several tries, but my 4/4/0 managed to win out with a very favorable board and all boosts.

Black Carnage for my efforts. Less than ideal, but at least it was needed.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4/4/0 Cyclops, level 188 I believe. 2 tries. The first HB got me with a red/black combo.

Second time around, took damage boosts, red/yellow damage and red/yellow ap. I lined up and fired one red shot at full strength. Though I had the TU ap for a second so I fired that too, but was not full strength. Luckily got him by matching icon_e_smile.gif.... I think. I wasn't watching the last couple of moves, so maybe he killed himself with black?
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3/2/1 maxed at level 131. I think I'd need a perfect board and drops to win this.

I thought I was lucky getting some cyclops draws and rewards before he came up in DDQ, but no. Looks like I'll be waiting till xforce comes around to win anything again.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 lvl 210 I destroyed IMHB in the first try icon_e_biggrin.gif

And yes, after saying 3/5/5 was the best option for Cyclops I have to say that 5/3/5 is too good to pass. 10 red for 11k is too good.

PS: It would be really nice if devs stated which is going to be the last DDQ4 before the cycle resets. I really hope RH is the last one. I could even try with x-23, but my GR and Chulk are incapable of winning this.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I leveled my 5/3/1 Cyclops to 175 before starting - this is my "holding" level for 4*s who are just getting into useful territory. I boosted red/yellow AP, red/yellow damage, and blue/purple damage. I'm low on the all color damage, and I'm not spending HP on those.

Anyway, I just managed to squeeze a win out of my first try. He got off his blue, then punched me for most of my hp, but I managed to get off yellow once and make a few TU matches - so I ended up with 20 red AP and 10 TU. Both blasts took him down to the low hundreds in HP - I had forgotten about the "draining TU" part - I probably would have done better if I destroyed the tile tactically. It was a close thing - one of my matches over the next three turns was off-color, but I managed to take him down with 162 HP left.

I decided to bank the LT since the next season is around the corner.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    PS: It would be really nice if devs stated which is going to be the last DDQ4 before the cycle resets. I really hope RH is the last one. I could even try with x-23, but my GR and Chulk are incapable of winning this.

Agreed, it needs to reset after Rulk. It makes more financial sense for D3, too. From my own experience and reading the other 4*DDQ threads since these challenges started, it seems people are more likely to spend money on additional covers if they have 6-8 already and the fight seems doable with the help of an extra cover or two.

But if you've got 4 or under covers for a character (like most people do from here on with the new 4*'s) then people just skip it entirely. Why spare that $20+ for another cover or two when it still will do no good?

If you're not attempting the challenge more than once, then you're not getting "invested" in it. And being invested is what makes you drop the extra cover money in frustration after 7-10 fails. ("if I just had ONE more red cover, I KNOW I could do it....").
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2/2/1 Cyclops vs. a maxed Hulkbuster....

ahahahahaNOPE.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I struggled with my 342 level 160 cyke, I got him on about my 10th try.

It was a rather epic finish, my cyclops had less than 600 HP left, IMHB had 2k+ hp and 12 black ap.

I created a mini cascade using cyclops blue, that left IMHB with less than 1300 hp, he killed himself with Overdrive.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 3/3/1 lvl 152 with TU ap, R/Y ap, and R/Y dmg (because I ran out of all dmg) boosts took him down after 7 tries. Got lucky with the board, minimal red/blue/black. Got a quick yellow and denied his colors. Tried to match TU if nothing to deny. He didn't fire any power off.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is already reading so much more positively than previous ones.

I started off immediately soft-capping my 2/3/3 at 168 and going in with no boosts just to see. Demolished of course. In fact the next 4 or 5 tries were done using +50% r/y damage boosts and +50% tu damage boosts and each time it seemed utterly helpless. I had one go where I got several match 5s, a string of some good cascades. Built up at least 30 ap over the course of the match and over 20 teamup ap and STILL got completely destroyed (168 cyke cannot realistically survive 9 red or 11 black).

Then I talked to an alliance-mate who advised using red more tactically to create cascades in your favor rather than as a heavy damage nuke. He also advised using the +2 r/y ap boost, which obviously makes sense as I had an open boost slot, but seemed silly to me at the time since I knew I needed so much ap to win that the +2 boost was just a drop in the bucket. However it helps get yellow on line sooner which is definitely a great boon in getting the red needed to win. Taking that advice into account I was able to use red a bunch of times creating a few rather lucky big cascades in my favor (hey, you always need a little/lot of luck with undercovered chars in these) and emerged relatively unscathed with a brand new shiny LT.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    4/3/2 Cyke here. Leveled him to 180.

Took 4 tries.

The primary issue with Cyke is that his power output at 4 red is just not great for the cost, where at 5 the red is an amazing nuke. Since that is his only damage output worth mentioning against HB's 17k+ health, you have to be careful.

Absorbing at least one rep. punch in the face is probably going to be a must here because you can't block both. Black is more dangerous than red, whatever you do - do not let him get black. Once I realized that, then boosted TUs/Y+R and damage on Y/R.

Still went down to the wire with me blasting him 4 times, FOUR. It was a long drawn out battle.

Leg token: Yellow antman. Useless, but more useful than my usual SL/IW/XF nonsense.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    4/3/2 Cyke here. Leveled him to 180.

Took 4 tries.

The primary issue with Cyke is that his power output at 4 red is just not great for the cost, where at 5 the red is an amazing nuke. Since that is his only damage output worth mentioning against HB's 17k+ health, you have to be careful.

Absorbing at least one rep. punch in the face is probably going to be a must here because you can't block both. Black is more dangerous than red, whatever you do - do not let him get black. Once I realized that, then boosted TUs/Y+R and damage on Y/R.

Still went down to the wire with me blasting him 4 times, FOUR. It was a long drawn out battle.

Leg token: Yellow antman. Useless, but more useful than my usual SL/IW/XF nonsense.

I have a 4/3/1 and beat him on my 3rd try with only r/y and all color boosts. As long as you deny black and keep taking the red, I found it easy. Placing yellow just racks up the red like no other. I even used his unboosted red to set up team up tile matches to get more.

This was a great match up since it really involved thinking and strategy. Loads of fun.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How many people managed to win via HulkBuster committing suicide with Overdrive?

I won easily with a 5/3/1, HB used over-drive at 600 health to deal himself the finishing blow.

An alliance mate thought he had "lost" by eating a repulsor punch but luckily HB also had enough black and used over-drive to double-KO himself to give away the win. icon_lol.gif

Seems to be 3 other people on this thread where they won via suicide. Poor Tony Stark.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/2/0 is no dice.